Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford is coming around
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I think the Eagles would have won that game if the receivers would catch the ball. Bradford isn't where he needs to be yet, but you can see the improvement every game. He's directing people on the field, he's talking up people on the sideline, his passes are getting better and he's not a pussy!!! He's taking hits and he's running. If only his receivers would help him. Matthews is NOT a #1! Huff is a #3 or a role player. The rest are role players except Agholor who, at this point, is still an unknown. Bradford needs a stud, go-to WR he can trust to make a play when they need it and I don't think that needs to be a #1. They need a hands WR.
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 26 2015, 07:19 AM) *
I think the Eagles would have won that game if the receivers would catch the ball. Bradford isn't where he needs to be yet, but you can see the improvement every game. He's directing people on the field, he's talking up people on the sideline, his passes are getting better and he's not a pussy!!! He's taking hits and he's running. If only his receivers would help him. Matthews is NOT a #1! Huff is a #3 or a role player. The rest are role players except Agholor who, at this point, is still an unknown. Bradford needs a stud, go-to WR he can trust to make a play when they need it and I don't think that needs to be a #1. They need a hands WR.

He showed some guts last night. Still not a great game, but not terrible.

The WRs were flat out terrible.
GroundedBird
I think Sam is trying really hard not to get hit/sacked.

In a lot of cases he is throwing darts at receivers that haven't even turned their heads yet. The receivers just can't react fast enough to make the catch.

I think Sam's still not comfortable with the OL yet. We may see a different Sam Bradford once he is.
D Rock
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 26 2015, 01:03 PM) *
I think Sam is trying really hard not to get hit/sacked.

In a lot of cases he is throwing darts at receivers that haven't even turned their heads yet. The receivers just can't react fast enough to make the catch.

I think Sam's still not comfortable with the OL yet. We may see a different Sam Bradford once he is.

You don't know what you're talking about.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 07:40 AM) *
He showed some guts last night. Still not a great game, but not terrible.

The WRs were flat out terrible.

I'd go a bit farther and say he actually played a pretty good game. 7 drops (including 2 missed TDs) is absolutely pathetic.

My biggest gripe from this game is that Bradford is holding the ball too long, but I suspect upon looking closer at this game that receivers simply werent getting open, hence the lack of downfield throws and the 5 sacks he took.

Think about this for a second. Is this a bottom 5 (or even bottom 3) WR corps in the league? I mean what teams would you honestly take the Eagles WRs over? Titans? Browns?

And this is the garbage that Kelly thinks is good enough to trot out there week after week.
xsv
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Oct 26 2015, 10:30 AM) *
I'd go a bit farther and say he actually played a pretty good game. 7 drops (including 2 missed TDs) is absolutely pathetic.

My biggest gripe from this game is that Bradford is holding the ball too long, but I suspect upon looking closer at this game that receivers simply werent getting open, hence the lack of downfield throws and the 5 sacks he took.

Think about this for a second. Is this a bottom 5 (or even bottom 3) WR corps in the league? I mean what teams would you honestly take the Eagles WRs over? Titans? Browns?

And this is the garbage that Kelly thinks is good enough to trot out there week after week.

4 yards per attempt is not great.

I think it's both 5 WR corps in the league, combined with worst starting QB in the league.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 10:24 AM) *
You don't know what you're talking about.

I'm merely suggesting that Bradford may be rushing his throws and I don't think the receivers are ready for it. If I'm off base then please enlighten me.
Eyrie
It would certainly help Bradford if the balls he does throw well are caught rather than dropped.

Matthews has gone back massively from the talented prospect we had last year, and the others are yet to show why they are on a NFL roster. The only one I'd make an exception for is Agholor on the basis that he's still a rookie but he does need to step up once healthy.
JeeQ
Bradford can't possibly have any confidence in his WRs at this point
D Rock
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 26 2015, 06:35 PM) *
I'm merely suggesting that Bradford may be rushing his throws and I don't think the receivers are ready for it. If I'm off base then please enlighten me.

You suggested "sammy is really trying hard to not get hit."

That's simply bullshit.

Unless we're watching different games.
xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 05:18 PM) *

That's simply bullshit.

Looked to me like Bradford was holding on to the ball forever, and then throwing late, at a higher velocity than was required.

Like I said before, though, that might have been due to the receivers not getting any separation.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 26 2015, 06:19 AM) *

Psst.

There's a guy in KC who had only one drop all of last year...........................

You reap what you sow.

We're reaping big time at that position.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 05:18 PM) *

That's simply bullshit.

Ill crafted sentence.

I think that he might be rushing his throws. Getting hit/sacked is not a successful play, so perhaps he is avoiding that. I am not saying that he's scared. (Personally, I think he has shown a lot of courage.)

Whatever it is, I am merely suggesting that, in quite a few instances, it doesn't seem as though the receivers are ready for the ball when it arrives. It's like they turn to look at it and the ball is on them before they can react.
nephillymike
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 26 2015, 08:32 PM) *
Ill crafted sentence.

I think that he might be rushing his throws. I am not saying that he's scared. Getting hit/sacked is not a successful play, so perhaps he is avoiding that.

Whatever it is, I am merely suggesting that it doesn't seem as though the receivers are ready for the ball when it arrives. It's like they turn to look at it and the ball is on them before they can react.

Good point. I was thinking the same thing. Still doesn't excuse the drops, but it does seem it is on them before they're ready. That being said, they need to catch the damn ball !
GroundedBird
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 05:45 PM) *
Looked to me like Bradford was holding on to the ball forever, and then throwing late, at a higher velocity than was required.

Like I said before, though, that might have been due to the receivers not getting any separation.

I agree about the higher velocity. Regardless of the separation, it seems that Bradford can throw the ball through a small window. (a very good thing.) I just don't think the receivers are used to the increased velocity for shorter throws - it's on them too quickly.
xsv
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 26 2015, 09:37 PM) *
I agree about the higher velocity. Regardless of the separation, it seems that Bradford can throw the ball through a small window. (a very good thing.) I just don't think the receivers are used to the increased velocity for shorter throws - it's on them too quickly.

That would explain a lot.
D Rock
Ya'll are fucking crazy.

"Velocity?" Seriously?

These are "supposed" to be NFL wide receivers.

I never heard Rod Smith or Horse-Faced Sharpe complaining about Elway's "velocity." Despite the rumored "Elway Cross" the ball would leave on their chest.

It's fucking ridiculous to say NFL wide receivers are dropping balls at record rates because of the QB's velocity.

Haters.

SMDH
mcnabbulous
Cam legitimately looked like he was shooting footballs out of missile launchers at his receivers and they weren't having those problems.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 27 2015, 03:51 AM) *
Cam legitimately looked like he was shooting footballs out of missile launchers at his receivers and they weren't having those problems.

Chemistry takes time to develop. Clearly there's not enough of it between Bradford and his receivers yet. And not just over adapting to his throws, but in the sense of option routes, which leads to second-guessing, consequently late throws, more mustard to compensate for the late throw, impatience - therefore quicker to dump it off, etc.
Joegrane
I agree with you as well. Remember the young receivers were likely used to weaker-armed QBs in college. Everyone was accustomed to the weaker-armed Foles.

While Bradford has shown nice touch on the wheel route, he has rarely done so elsewhere. "Darts" is a good description.

Btw I give more blame for the final drop by Austin to Bradford. The throw made it a tough catch.

It seems every week there are a couple of miscommunications between WR and QB that cause an incomplete or worse.

Bradford is making progress so there is no reason to go to Sanchez after the break.

The progress gives us hope that by the end of the season they might be a playoff-contending caliber team. In the mediocre NFC East, that might be enough.

Zero

I seem to recall Favre, McNabb, Vick and I'm sure more QBs who threw fastballs that the receivers caught because they're professional players. These guys need to catch the ball or find another line of work.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 10:43 PM) *
Ya'll are fucking crazy.

"Velocity?" Seriously?

These are "supposed" to be NFL wide receivers.

I never heard Rod Smith or Horse-Faced Sharpe complaining about Elway's "velocity." Despite the rumored "Elway Cross" the ball would leave on their chest.

It's fucking ridiculous to say NFL wide receivers are dropping balls at record rates because of the QB's velocity.

Haters.

SMDH

Not sure if Elway had better touch on his shorter throws so I'll defer to you on that.

For Bradford, I think Velocity is only part of it. To me it's "increased velocity for shorter throws". It's just an observation I have on a really small sample size.

xsv
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Oct 27 2015, 09:02 AM) *
Not sure if Elway had better touch on his shorter throws so I'll defer to you on that.

For Bradford, I think Velocity is only part of it. To me it's "increased velocity for shorter throws". It's just an observation I have on a really small sample size.

Not only velocity, but LATE with an increased velocity.

Honestly, I don't know if that's the problem or not. I do know that there are a shit ton of people having trouble catching his passes, and that he's missing a shit ton of throws and throwing a shit ton of interceptions.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation, beyond all of our receivers sucking.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 27 2015, 08:56 AM) *
I'm sure there's a logical explanation, beyond all of our receivers sucking.

I'm not sure why it has to go beyond this.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 27 2015, 11:08 AM) *
I'm not sure why it has to go beyond this.

It doesn't but you have a few children here who always want it too.

For those inclined to talk football I will say I was very encouraged by his week worth of work on his weight transfer, didn't have any balls sail on him. The Panther rush and the fact they held a lead from the jump made going down field deeper almost impossible with their S's playing so far off the ball.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 26 2015, 10:20 PM) *
Chemistry takes time to develop. Clearly there's not enough of it between Bradford and his receivers yet. And not just over adapting to his throws, but in the sense of option routes, which leads to second-guessing, consequently late throws, more mustard to compensate for the late throw, impatience - therefore quicker to dump it off, etc.

Very true
JeeQ
Velocity...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.