Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 Biggest Plays of the Game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Speed_Kills
1) J Matthews td/non-td catch.

2) Great diving play by Norman in end zone vs Ertz.

3) Huff drop in other end zone.

There were a few other plays I didn't like; on the int I wish Sam had put the ball in a little better spot but if it would have been caught it wasn't a highlight reel catch, the missed fg would have cut lead from 5 to 2, but in the end the game was decided in the trenches as Carolina simply over-powered the Eagles DL, it seemed as though every running play went for at least 4 yards and most for 5+.

In the end, no matter who is the Eagle QB in '16 they simply have to up grade at receiver. This guys can't separate, can't catch, and no one can stretch the field. They have replaced DJax & Maclin with no one close to equal talent. Maybe down the road Agular will develope in to that guy, who knows.

Also, people are in an uproar about R Matthews getting more carries in place of Murray, I would also say I HATE when the Eagles THROW to Murray, he looks so uncomfortable catching the ball, has no burst, and goes down at the first touch of contact. Something is wrong here. At this point his biggest value is the de-value he took from Dallas as they have lost their identity in the run game.

I have no idea why Carolina threw 1 single pass last night when they ran it at will. The Eagles only chance was Cam throwing it to Philly.
xsv
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 26 2015, 06:21 AM) *

2) Great diving play by Norman in end zone vs Ertz.

3) Huff drop in other end zone.

There were a few other plays I didn't like; on the int I wish Sam had put the ball in a little better spot but if it would have been caught it wasn't a highlight reel catch, the missed fg would have cut lead from 5 to 2, but in the end the game was decided in the trenches as Carolina simply over-powered the Eagles DL, it seemed as though every running play went for at least 4 yards and most for 5+.

In the end, no matter who is the Eagle QB in '16 they simply have to up grade at receiver. This guys can't separate, can't catch, and no one can stretch the field. They have replaced DJax & Maclin with no one close to equal talent. Maybe down the road Agular will develope in to that guy, who knows.

Also, people are in an uproar about R Matthews getting more carries in place of Murray, I would also say I HATE when the Eagles THROW to Murray, he looks so uncomfortable catching the ball, has no burst, and goes down at the first touch of contact. Something is wrong here. At this point his biggest value is the de-value he took from Dallas as they have lost their identity in the run game.

I have no idea why Carolina threw 1 single pass last night when they ran it at will. The Eagles only chance was Cam throwing it to Philly.

If you mean the 3 biggest MISSED plays, then I agree.

Also, Sproles dropped another easy one that would have gone for at least 30.
Austin dropped an easy one for a first down late in the 4th.
Matthews dropped an easy one for a first down in the 2nd.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 26 2015, 05:21 AM) *

On top of having terrible hands, he has equally poor body control. What a combo!
D Rock
Jordan Matthews sucks balls. Nelson Agolor has even WORSE hands.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 09:26 AM) *
Jordan Matthews sucks balls. Nelson Agolor has even WORSE hands.

At least he is athletic and can get separation. Chip needs to unleash him once he gets back to full health. We need someone who can make plays at WR.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 10:42 AM) *
At least he is athletic and can get separation. Chip needs to unleash him once he gets back to full health. We need someone who can make plays at WR.

Yea because he really made so many plays when he was in and healthy this year. All the WRs are below average.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Oct 26 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Yea because he really made so many plays when he was in and healthy this year. All the WRs are below average.

He's a rookie. And Bradford missed him several times. He can stretch the field more so than any of our other outside guys.
Robberson
This really should've been Ertz's breakout year. He's still having a solid year, but nothing special.

I could've sworn I saw Marcus Smith make a tackle last night, but alas, once I saw the numbers it was Logan, not our dear absentee #90. laugh.gif

What a waste of a pick that could've gone towards replacing our star receivers who were on the chopping block.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 01:09 PM) *
He's a rookie. And Bradford missed him several times. He can stretch the field more so than any of our other outside guys.

I understand that he's a rookie but look at the recently awful Matthews rookie last year.

Jordan finished the season with 67 receptions, 872 yards and 8 touchdowns.

In the 5 games Agholar has played this season, he has 8 receptions for 105 yards and no touchdowns.. 8 fucking receptions for our first round pick.

I don't mean to take the hostile language out on you but I'm just frustrated with all the pass catchers.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 02:42 PM) *

That is the hope. Matthews is never going to stretch the field. He is a slot receiver. Agohlar and Huff are supposed to stretch the field but I have not seen it yet.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Oct 26 2015, 12:16 PM) *
I understand that he's a rookie but look at the recently awful Matthews rookie last year.

Jordan finished the season with 67 receptions, 872 yards and 8 touchdowns.

In the 5 games Agholar has played this season, he has 8 receptions for 105 yards and no touchdowns.. 8 fucking receptions for our first round pick.

I don't mean to take the hostile language out on you but I'm just frustrated with all the pass catchers.

Receivers often struggle as rookies. It's more the norm than having major breakout success. It doesn't help when your QB is missing opportunities, as Bradford was in those first several games.

Your life will be more stress free if you treat rookie success as a bonus rather than an expectation.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 05:23 PM) *
It doesn't help when your QB is missing opportunities, as Bradford was in those first several games.

Leading the league in dropped passes, by a wiiiiiiiiiiiide margin.

The missed opportunities are coming from the "skill" players.

Week after sad, pathetic week.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 01:34 PM) *
Leading the league in dropped passes, by a wiiiiiiiiiiiide margin.

The missed opportunities are coming from the "skill" players.

Week after sad, pathetic week.

I'm exclusively talking about Agholor. There was one week specifically where Sam missed him a few times.

Either way, we need him to step up once he gets back. The rest of the WR corp simply isn't cutting it. That's obvious.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 06:47 PM) *
I'm exclusively talking about Agholor. There was one week specifically where Sam missed him a few times.

Nelson has a drop for every 2 balls he's caught thus far in his career.

He's failed Sam more often than the other way 'round.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.