Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: They're the better team
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
By far. It's not even close.
mcnabbulous
If the game was in Philly, it probably goes the other way. Home field advantage is a significant factor, especially in these prime time games.

Can't believe how badly they ran all over us. Easily the most surprising part of the game. Everything else, especially our drops, was predictable.
CT_Eagle
Car wins this game 9 times out of 10, regardless of where it is played.

You cannot beat a good time if you cannot sustain drives. The Eagles have shown all season long that they cannot consistently sustain drives. The one TD tonight was on a 63 yard run.
coffee
Thank you for a good game and letting me post here this week. I hope Peters is OK. Didn't look like he was hit. Hopefully just a one-game thing.

I promise this question is not meant as smart alec. You and your team have had some great wins and seasons. We are a young team without a bunch of those, so you can imagine how excited I am to finally reach 6-0 which is our best record ever. So I ask your patience with me as I ask one question:

Before this game, Many thought my Panthers were only undefeated due to an easy schedule. Personally, I felt we beat a pretty good Eagle's team tonight. I know you had drops that make you insane to see, but would you say that this was your team falling apart or would you agree with me that my Panthers are a stronger team than most have given them credit for? Again, I promise I mean no insult. I'm just excited right now but would appreciate your honest thoughts.
mcnabbulous
It was a weird game. Overall, your offense didn't play very well. You had a couple of drives that looked dominating, but were largely held in check other than those.

Your defense is solid, but we are simply self destructive.

I was more impressed than most by your win in Seattle. Winning on the road is hard. Cam is an amazing talent, but I do wonder if he has the consistency to put together 3-4 great games in a row against playoff caliber teams. That was always Donovan's Achilles heel.

You guys seem to have a pretty strong team, but I don't think you could compete for an NFC Championship just yet. Keep winning and some advantageous playoff seeding can certainly close that gap.
coffee
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 12:30 AM) *
It was a weird game. Overall, your offense didn't play very well. You had a couple of drives that looked dominating, but were largely held in check other than those.

Your defense is solid, but we are simply self destructive.

I was more impressed than most by your win in Seattle. Winning on the road is hard. Cam is an amazing talent, but I do wonder if he has the consistency to put together 3-4 great games in a row against playoff caliber teams. That was always Donovan's Achilles heel.

You guys seem to have a pretty strong team, but I don't think you could compete for an NFC Championship just yet. Keep winning and some advantageous playoff seeding can certainly close that gap.

OK. Thanks for the reply (and not replying angry- I know how I feel after a loss!) I think you'll still fight for the division. Looks like you may be in the same spot we were in last year: 8-8 or even less may take the division this year based on your competition. So, you are most definitely still in the race and we may see each other again later. Again, thank you for allowing an "enemy" to snoop around your message board. I'll probably post occasionally now and then.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (coffee @ Oct 26 2015, 12:22 AM) *
Thank you for a good game and letting me post here this week. I hope Peters is OK. Didn't look like he was hit. Hopefully just a one-game thing.

I promise this question is not meant as smart alec. You and your team have had some great wins and seasons. We are a young team without a bunch of those, so you can imagine how excited I am to finally reach 6-0 which is our best record ever. So I ask your patience with me as I ask one question:

Before this game, Many thought my Panthers were only undefeated due to an easy schedule. Personally, I felt we beat a pretty good Eagle's team tonight. I know you had drops that make you insane to see, but would you say that this was your team falling apart or would you agree with me that my Panthers are a stronger team than most have given them credit for? Again, I promise I mean no insult. I'm just excited right now but would appreciate your honest thoughts.

I thought your defense played extremely well. Given our offense has been up down all year, you guys still held us to three and outs and when he did drive it either lead to an eventual punt or just a field goal.

I'm a fan of Cam and I think he could be on his way to leading your team to great heights, but I'm just not so sure about this year manly because of the lack of top recievers (though any of those guys would've been better than ours tonight). They have been helping him a lot though, which is good but I'm just not so confident they can do it when it counts. Olsen definitely can though and you saw that chemistry on the their final drive against Seattle, (even though they aren't clicking and don't seem to be as good as the two previous years) a win at Seattle is always HUGE, especially when it's a come from behind.

If your defense plays in the top 5 all year long and can stay healthy, and the run game keeps dominating like it has been then I can you see you making a good playoff run. However once you get Kelvin back next year and maybe another good WR in the draft, you could be extremely dangerous. I'm also a huge fan of Kuechly, I wanted him to be an Eagle coming out of BC and would embrace him coming here at any point in his career. He's an absolute stud.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.