Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cooper was the only one who didn't drop a pass tonight
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Oh, that's right. He couldn't even get open all night to have a pass thrown to him.

Fucking pathetic.

I can't blame Bradford for this one.
CT_Eagle
Bradford managed this game. He didn't lose it and he did not do anything to win it.

The D gave up too many points for my liking but they did force the turnovers and put the offense in position to score.

The penalties in the first half and the drops through out the game are what did them in.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 25 2015, 11:45 PM) *
Bradford managed this game. He didn't lose it and he did not do anything to win it.

The D gave up too many points for my liking but they did force the turnovers and put the offense in position to score.

The penalties in the first half and the drops through out the game are what did them in.

The drops were deadly. You just can't win with all those drops.
JeeQ
These kids couldn't even catch a cold in the winter time
Eagle2720
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 25 2015, 11:45 PM) *

He may not have done a lot to win but these drops really were the main reason for it. If just half of the dropped passes were caught, we at least have another touchdown or field goal.
nd9kel
Ironic, Cam Newton threw three picks. I don't believe anyone will be calling for his head.

I hate him anyway...showboat.
nephillymike
dupe
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Oct 25 2015, 10:53 PM) *
He may not have done a lot to win but these drops really were the main reason for it. If just half of the dropped passes were caught, we at least have another touchdown or field goal.

My take on the drops:

First Mathews drop, mostly Sam's fault as it was a 5 yard throw and hew was running a crossing pattern and he threw it behind him
2nd matthews drop, on Matthews
Austin drop, almost all on Austin
Huff's "drop" in the end zone, mostly on Sam. He puts it where it should be (esp since D was behind him) it s aTD
Sproles drop in the flat, on Sproles
Ertz drop in the flat, on Ertz.
Sproles drop on last drive coming out of end zone, on Sam. That was bad .

All in all a pathetic exercise in poor pass catching and inaccurate throwing.

It doesn't matter. If Peters is out, we're done.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2015, 12:00 AM) *
My take on the drops:

First Mathews drop, mostly Sam's fault as it was a 5 yard throw and hew was running a crossing pattern and he threw it behind him
Huff's "drop" in the end zone, mostly on Sam. He puts it where it should be (esp since D was behind him) it s aTD

No way, the pass to Huff in the back of the end zone was beautiful, put only where the WR could catch it, Huff had it in his hands and simply couldn't hang on. Any other WR(not on our team for sure) could have caught that and planted 2 feet in the end zone.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 11:00 PM) *

I don't think Peters will miss any time. He is having back spasms, which are debilitating at the time, but can be resolved with some relaxation and pain pills/muscle relaxers.

The bye week is conveniently timed in that regard.

Surprised you're willing to make so many excuses for drops. If it hits a guy in the hands, it needs to be caught.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 12:33 AM) *
Surprised you're willing to make so many excuses for drops. If it hits a guy in the hands, it needs to be caught.

^this. If you're a receiver in the NFL and it hits you in the hands, you catch the ball. The only exception to possibly dropping it once it hits you right in the gloves or between the numbers, is when the defense made a good play.
D Rock
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 26 2015, 03:45 AM) *

How CAN Sam do anything to win it?

He hits mother fuckers in the fucking hands and they drop it. What more can Sam do?
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2015, 04:00 AM) *
My take on the drops:

Bull Shit.

Not ONE of those drops is on Sam.

For fuck's sake . . . it's 3-6 drops per game. Jordan Matthews sucks fucking BALLS!
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 06:02 AM) *
Bull Shit.

Not ONE of those drops is on Sam.

For fuck's sake . . . it's 3-6 drops per game. Jordan Matthews sucks fucking BALLS!

Bull shit.

If the first one was in front of Matthews then it is a reception and possible YAC.

But it was behind him so he had to twist his body against his momentum to try to catch the ball and it ended up an interception.

Matthews has had a piss poor season so far, but that doesn't automatically make him responsible for every drop.
D Rock
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 26 2015, 06:42 PM) *
Bull shit.

If the first one was in front of Matthews then it is a reception and possible YAC.

But it was behind him so he had to twist his body against his momentum to try to catch the ball and it ended up an interception.

Matthews has had a piss poor season so far, but that doesn't automatically make him responsible for every drop.

He's an NFL receiver (in job description anyway). He's paid handsomely to catch a fucking ball that hits him in the chest. So it hit his left pec instead of his sternum. Poor poor Jordan.

You gotta be kidding me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.