Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That may have been Bradford's Best Half
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He's not playing scared.

He's stepping up in the pocket, and he ran it with guts.

Except for a few route stare downs early in the game, he used his eyes to look off defenders a few times.

First INT was more on him than Matthews. It's easier to throw a five yard pass on the money than it is to catch a ball a few feet behind you while running a crossing route.

Matthews and Sproles need to catch the fucking ball.

Kelce wake the fuck up!

Chip needs to get the best players on the field and on the field often:

R. Mathews
D. Sproles
Z. Ertz
J. Matthews (by default)
and switch up the other WR between Cooper Austin and Huff.

Stop handicapping our offense by sitting our best players!! I don't care how much you paid Murray and Cooper.

Awesome play by Jenkins.

We have a shot.
nephillymike
dude on broadcast made a great point.

Put Sproles in the slot to nuetfalize one of the LB's.
xsv
I don't like the sacks he's taking. Or the batted down passes and the int.

I'd say he's playing OK. Not bad enough to be benched. Nowhere near good enough to be competitive in the playoffs.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 10:15 PM) *
He's not playing scared.

He's stepping up in the pocket, and he ran it with guts.

Except for a few route stare downs early in the game, he used his eyes to look off defenders a few times.

First INT was more on him than Matthews. It's easier to throw a five yard pass on the money than it is to catch a ball a few feet behind you while running a crossing route.

Matthews and Sproles need to catch the fucking ball.

Kelce wake the fuck up!

Chip needs to get the best players on the field and on the field often:

R. Mathews
D. Sproles
Z. Ertz
J. Matthews (by default)
and switch up the other WR between Cooper Austin and Huff.

Stop handicapping our offense by sitting our best players!! I don't care how much you paid Murray and Cooper.

Awesome play by Jenkins.

We have a shot.

nephillymike
That non TD is on Sam.

Throw an accurate pass and it's a TD
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 09:53 PM) *
That non TD is on Sam.

Don't think so. Huff got two hands on the ball. Keuchly was also holding his wrist just prior to the ball reaching him.

The bigger problem was giving Murray two carries instead of Mathews.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 02:23 AM) *
I don't like the sacks he's taking. Or the batted down passes and the int.

I'd say he's playing OK. Not bad enough to be benched. Nowhere near good enough to be competitive in the playoffs.

I know you're a card carrying hater now, but none of that shit is on Sam.

D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2015, 02:53 AM) *
That non TD is on Sam.

If you're talking about the one to Huff, you're fucking crazy!
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 02:56 AM) *
Don't think so. Huff got two hands on the ball. Keuchly was also holding his wrist just prior to the ball reaching him.

The bigger problem was giving Murray two carries instead of Mathews.

100%

On BOTH points!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 10:15 PM) *

Absolutely ridiculous.....the ball was in his back pocket.....watch the replay...it was just off the 1 in the 81 # he wears....6" to the left and it was between the numbers....no reason not to catch that....none....
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 26 2015, 12:10 PM) *
Absolutely ridiculous.....the ball was in his back pocket.....watch the replay...it was just off the 1 in the 81 # he wears....6" to the left and it was between the numbers....no reason not to catch that....none....

Except he's headed full steam in the other direction. I don't blame Bradford 100% on that, it should have been caught. But it also should have been a better pass. There's "no reason" not to put that pass in front of him....none...
xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 02:13 AM) *
I know you're a card carrying hater now, but none of that shit is on Sam.

Yes. It is.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 11:29 AM) *
Except he's headed full steam in the other direction. I don't blame Bradford 100% on that, it should have been caught. But it also should have been a better pass. There's "no reason" not to put that pass in front of him....none...

I'm quite certain, from the end zone angle, you could see two defenders jumping in the passing lane. I think Sam through it the only place he could to avoid having it get batted down.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 04:30 PM) *
Yes. It is.

No. It's not.

tongue.gif
xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 26 2015, 02:37 PM) *
No. It's not.

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif is too.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 07:58 PM) *
biggrin.gif is too.

biggrin.gif is not.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 09:53 PM) *
That non TD is on Sam.

This isn't on Sam

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSRZi_9VAAA-lLc.jpg
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 05:35 PM) *

Looks like pretty good placement to me.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 12:29 PM) *

He was not headed full steam.....I watched it 5 times...he just came out of his cut and he was not flying...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 26 2015, 05:21 PM) *
He was not headed full steam.....I watched it 5 times...he just came out of his cut and he was not flying...

Full steam and not flying are one and the same for Matthews. His ability to create separation is on par with his hands and body control as it relates to disappointing elements of his game.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 26 2015, 06:21 PM) *

Looks like you missed the point.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 26 2015, 10:35 PM) *

b...b...b...but... what about his vElOcItY?!?!?!

He fwows too hawd for dey po widdle hands....

laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 26 2015, 09:04 PM) *
Looks like you missed the point.

it was a silly point...every QB in the league throws that crossing route slightly behind at times.....even Brady....absolutely no reason not to catch that ball....none....and that is the only point that matters.....
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 26 2015, 11:44 PM) *
it was a silly point...every QB in the league throws that crossing route slightly behind at times.....even Brady....absolutely no reason not to catch that ball....none....and that is the only point that matters.....

I never said they didn't.

All I said was that it wasn't a great pass. He gets paid to be accurate. There is no reason that ball isn't on the money, just like there is no reason it shouldn't have been caught.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 27 2015, 06:51 AM) *
I never said they didn't.

All I said was that it wasn't a great pass. He gets paid to be accurate. There is no reason that ball isn't on the money, just like there is no reason it shouldn't have been caught.

Now that I have seen the all 22 play your point is even more ridiculous.....Bradford is about to get crushed as he delivers the ball and it still is in the window.....

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...ops-vs-panthers
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 28 2015, 09:22 AM) *
Now that I have seen the all 22 play your point is even more ridiculous.....Bradford is about to get crushed as he delivers the ball and it still is in the window.....

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...ops-vs-panthers

I've been saying this the whole time. There is no way he could have put that ball any further out in front of the Matthews without it getting batted down.

With that said, I'm pretty sure I've seen another angle where there were 3 wide open receivers on the play and Bradford elected the nearest one with the probability of gaining the fewest yards. I will try to track down that image.

Edit: Found it
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2015, 10:27 AM) *
I've been saying this the whole time. There is no way he could have put that ball any further out in front of the Matthews without it getting batted down.

With that said, I'm pretty sure I've seen another angle where there were 3 wide open receivers on the play and Bradford elected the nearest one with the probability of gaining the fewest yards. I will try to track down that image.

Edit: Found it

Actually I suggest you review that again....for whatever reason all 3 are running dig routes at or around the 25....granted Matthews is at the 24....but the top WR is a long throwwhich will allow the CB to close quickly....the bottom WR is open but I have to assume that he has already broken off his read route with the CB playing inside leverage and cutting off what I assume was a deep crossing route....either that or this is one of the worst offensive plays I have ever seen....3 WRs running the same route line on short digs against a defense with fast LBs and no fear of any WR beating them deep....

Either someone screwed thier route which seems likely or our offense is in worse shape than I thought...
mcnabbulous
There is no way that corner is beating the ball to Huff on a properly thrown ball.

Matthews was being led to the arms of two waiting defenders. Not a terrible decision, but not the correct one either.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2015, 01:14 PM) *
There is no way that corner is beating the ball to Huff on a properly thrown ball.

Matthews was being led to the arms of two waiting defenders. Not a terrible decision, but not the correct one either.

I agree.....my question is why are all 3 WRs making their cuts in at the 25...where are the levels? My guess is Huff was supposed to run the deep slant but broke it off when the CB played inside leverage....something is screwed up there....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.