Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Eagles really smear DJax on his way out?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattiso...d-invasion.html

BTW, if you read the end of the article it seems likely he will not be a 'racially insensitive' after this year either.
Robberson
huh.gif

So, if your home is broken into by gang members, that means you're a gang member? Interesting logic. It was disgraceful how the Eagles handled his release, by leaking that bullshit non-story. Let me guess - you compliment your black colleagues on how articulate they are?
xsv
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 24 2015, 01:50 PM) *
huh.gif

So, if your home is broken into by gang members, that means you're a gang member? Interesting logic. It was disgraceful how the Eagles handled his release, by leaking that bullshit non-story. Let me guess - you compliment your black colleagues on how articulate they are?

Who said anything about him being part of a gang?

Don't put words in people's mouths.
Phits
So, if your home is broken into by gang members, that means you're a gang member?

No. It means that if your house is repeatedly broken into by gang members, and the target of the assault are your house guests (again) ....then it is likely that you have gang ties.
Robberson
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 24 2015, 01:10 PM) *
Who said anything about him being part of a gang?

Don't put words in people's mouths.

The pretext of the Eagles releasing Jackson was caution about his 'gang ties,' a smear that had no merit. The title of this post was "Did Eagles really smear DJax on his way out?, This suggests they were right."

So I quickly deduced that is what was meant by the OP. Many NFL players grew up in areas where it's hard to avoid knowing or being friends with gang members. No doubt once he came into money many of his childhood friends were tough to get rid of, but to the best of my knowledge, Jackson has no criminal record. So releasing him along with leaking that non-story was a disgrace. Just come out and say you don't want to pay him, he has a bad attitude, etc.

Phits
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 24 2015, 02:26 PM) *
The pretext of the Eagles releasing Jackson was caution about his 'gang ties,' a smear that had no merit. The title of this post was "Did Eagles really smear DJax on his way out?, This suggests they were right."

So I quickly deduced that is what was meant by the OP. Many NFL players grew up in areas where it's hard to avoid knowing or being friends with gang members. No doubt once he came into money many of his childhood friends were tough to get rid of, but to the best of my knowledge, Jackson has no criminal record. So releasing him along with leaking that non-story was a disgrace. Just come out and say you don't want to pay him, he has a bad attitude, etc.

Jax does have gang ties. Whoever leaked the story was right. Your assumption is that it was the Eagles. There is no evidence to this claim.
Birdwatcher

If you are not a member of a gang, but have an acquaintance affiliated with one, who also so happens to spend time at your house...then you have 'ties' to a gang. A tie is not being a member, it is about having an affiliation. Not to mention, the real reason they released him was the same as Washington will, plenty of talent...no consistency.

Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 24 2015, 02:13 PM) *
No. It means that if your house is repeatedly broken into by gang members, and the target of the assault are your house guests (again) ....then it is likely that you have gang ties.

I'm glad I read ahead before responding ... this is spot on.

I don't get the apologists. Jackson is an amazing yet tarnished talent. Having him on the team would have won a few extra games maybe, but long range he would have damaged team unity. He took plays off, didn't dedicate himself in the offseason and was self oriented not team oriented. I've never seen evidence that it was the 'team' that leaked anything about him or if it was just an individual or a reporter digging. Whatever, haters are haters then this fool brings race into the conversation.
xsv

What a bunch of bullshit

He does have gang ties. Still does.

No one ever said he was in a gang. And you didn't quickly "deduce" shit. You put words into peoples mouths that had nothing to do with their actual comments.

Not to mention that FACT that it wasn't the tam that "leaked" the fucking story.

Don't be a moron.
Robberson
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 25 2015, 10:04 AM) *
He does have gang ties. Still does.

No one ever said he was in a gang.

Half of the players in the NFL have 'gang ties.' Jackson has no criminal record, so if he wants to do what half of the players in the league do and hang out with people who aren't fine, upstanding citizens, who gives a fuck? What kind of stupidity does it take to think that a story about his 'gang ties' magically came out hours before the Eagles released the best WR in team history, and the organization had nothing to do with it? It was a disgrace what they did, and only to create a pretext for his release. This is fanboyism gone mad.
Birdman420
I don't really care what the truth really is, I'm glad he is gone. I'm also glad that McCoy is gone too.

The eagles don't need an excuse to get rid of anyone.

Good riddance!
xsv
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 25 2015, 01:39 PM) *
Half of the players in the NFL have 'gang ties.' Jackson has no criminal record, so if he wants to do what half of the players in the league do and hang out with people who aren't fine, upstanding citizens, who gives a fuck? What kind of stupidity does it take to think that a story about his 'gang ties' magically came out hours before the Eagles released the best WR in team history, and the organization had nothing to do with it? It was a disgrace what they did, and only to create a pretext for his release. This is fanboyism gone mad.

Maybe the Eagles just reacted to the story. You can Hang out with whoever you want. They can employ whoever they want. Maybe they don't want to employ those with gangcties. Totally within their rights to do so.
Phits
You must be a Johnny come lately. D Jackson was not the best wr in Eagles history.

QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 25 2015, 01:39 PM) *
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 25 2015, 03:33 PM) *
You must be a Johnny come lately. D Jackson was not the best wr in Eagles history.

We shouldn't be surprised by anything the dumbest poster in board history has to say.
Robberson
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 25 2015, 03:33 PM) *

In 6 years, yes he was, not even close. And that doesn't count his special teams td's. Stop being a fanboy like McFappulous and face reality. You can start by adjusting your google search filters...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 25 2015, 04:09 PM) *
In 6 years, yes he was, not even close. And that doesn't count his special teams td's. Stop being a fanboy like McFappulous and face reality. You can start by adjusting your google search filters...

I was a big DJax fan and didn't like his departure. Calling him the best WR in team history is stupid as fuck.
Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2015, 05:15 PM) *
I was a big DJax fan and didn't like his departure. Calling him the best WR in team history is stupid as fuck.

Who accomplished more in 6 seasons fanboy?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 24 2015, 01:12 PM) *
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattiso...d-invasion.html

BTW, if you read the end of the article it seems likely he will not be a 'racially insensitive' after this year either.

He's a thug wannabe punk.

When he decided to pout and take that year off, I didn't want anything to do with him anymore. Good riddance.
SAM I Am
huh.gif

Troll
Zero
It seems every so often this board is invaded by some really dumb sumbitch without much of a life who believes he can fool people into believing he is a genius. Never seems to work out that way.
Robberson
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 25 2015, 05:39 PM) *
It seems every so often this board is invaded by some really dumb sumbitch without much of a life who believes he can fool people into believing he is a genius. Never seems to work out that way.

Then try harder. And don't talk about your mother that way.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 25 2015, 05:39 PM) *

It's the same idiot.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2015, 07:45 PM) *
It's the same idiot.

But hey, there's always the finger exercise for the all the lonely nights. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.