Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IMO, A tough game to call
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
By the numbers, when you match up our offensive run game with the opposing D, we get an expected YPC of 3.9 for us and 3.75 ypc for them, slight advantage us.

When you match up passer ratings for QB vs opposing D, you get an 81 for them a 73 for us. Advantage them.

Expected net turnovers per game, 2.2 for us, 1.7 for them, advantage them.

Ebb and Flow Factors:

For us:
CAR coming off a big win vs. nemesis SEA

For them:
Trap game for us with DAL up next after two wins, although diminished by the bye.
Revenge game after embarrassing ass whooping last year on national TV.

I don't see CAR as that good. They've played a weak schedule, but so did we to some extent.

Cam doesn't concern me, although Bradford does very much so.

The power ratings have them even or a point better.

Home field justifies the 3 pt favorite they are.

They have a good D, so do we, both offenses suspect.

Would feel better if Bradford played better. I don't see it for enough positive impact.

CAR holds court with a close win in a defensive game:

Carolina 24
Eagles 20

I can see us winning, but not the most likely outcome.

Anyone?
Joegrane
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 23 2015, 11:16 PM) *
By the numbers, when you match up our offensive run game with the opposing D, we get an expected YPC of 3.9 for us and 3.75 ypc for them, slight advantage us.

When you match up passer ratings for QB vs opposing D, you get an 81 for them a 73 for us. Advantage them.

Ebb and Flow Factors:

For us:

For them:
Trap game for us with DAL up next after two wins, although diminished by the bye.

I don't see CAR as that good. They've played a weak schedule, but so did we to some extent.

Would feel better if Bradford played better. I don't see it for enough positive impact.

Carolina 24
Eagles 20

Anyone?

I don't see Carolina putting up 24 on the Eagles D, especially if Kendricks is healthy enough to take his turn chasing Cam around.

If Bradford continues to cough up the ball the Eagles will likely struggle to score 20 without help from the D or special teams.

Eagles are banged up at WR. Can Ertz do something against their average Safties? Will we see more of the two TE by the Eagles?

I agree about the outcome but expect a lower score.
Reality Fan
Carolina has played a patsy schedule......even Seattle is not what they were...it was a good win for them but it was not a crowning moment....

I laugh at all the negativity......Mike Schmidt's comment keeps ringing in my ears.."Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day."

People forget that while we have played poorly in some ares we have won 2 consecutive games by a wide margin.....as the offense improves things the could get pretty ugly for teams we play...

I see this as another such game...

28-17

Eagles
JeeQ
We'll have to beat ourselves to lose this game... I just pray we can stay out of our own way
xsv
Bradford throws another 3 INts. Offense has 11 three and outs, and we lose by 20.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 23 2015, 11:16 PM) *

Ebb and Flow Factors:

For us:

For them:

Carolina 24
Eagles 20

Anyone?

The D has been playing very well and I see no reason it stops this week. Eagles on a high with 3 wins in last four and Carolina is 5-0 so I'm looking for a good game, a toss up but one I think the Eagles will get in the end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.