Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kelly is frustrated with Bradford's Turnovers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
“The turnovers are always frustrating, especially when you feel like you got it moving in the right direction,” Kelly said. “We felt like we had some answers to what they were doing and we felt like we could move the football against them. Then the [turnovers] come up.”

Kelly said one of the reasons he traded for Bradford was that Bradford didn’t throw a lot of interceptions during his time with the Rams.

“That’s one of the reasons we really liked him,” Kelly said. “I thought he was really good with the football before he got here.”

He had 4 turnovers this last game, 3 ints AND a fumble.

Like I said before, another multiple turnover game or two, and I bet he yanks him.
Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 22 2015, 07:46 AM) *

Like I said before, another multiple turnover game or two, and I bet he yanks him.

I'd be pissed and worried if Chip didn't feel that way.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 22 2015, 06:46 AM) *

The problem with this logic is that the guy he would be replacing him with offers no upgrade in this area.
Zero
Not to smother the angst and turmoil in the souls of the dump Bradford crowd, but this guy makes some good points. This supports the majority view that Kelly needs to stick with him. This is a perspective, but it's much more than opinion.
Where the logic grows fuzzy is the suggestion that Bradford's interceptions have been the rule rather than the exception to his play, particularly the five he threw in the last two weeks, and that they represent a fundamental, irreversible flaw, rather than a series of correctable mistakes all quarterbacks endure at some point during their careers. And the logic grows even fuzzier with the suggestion that a switch to Mark Sanchez is somehow the remedy.

With regard to the first suggestion, consider that the Eagles have racked up 944 yards of offense over the last two weeks, their biggest consecutive-week total since Weeks 8 and 9 of last season, when they gained 521 yards in a loss to the Cardinals and 483 yards in a win over the Texans. Those 944 yards are more than the Eagles posted in any two-week stretch under Sanchez in 2014. The 34 first downs they gained against the Saints two weeks ago were the most in any game under Kelly. The 58 they gained the previous two weeks are the most of any two-week stretch under Kelly.

Would we rather have Eli?
The year Eli Manning won his first Super Bowl, he threw eight interceptions in his first six games. His career numbers at the end of that year: 57 games, 54.7 completion percentage, 3.5 interception percentage, 6.3 yards per attempt, 199.7 yards per game, 73.4 quarterback rating.

Bradford just played in his 55th career game. His career numbers: 59.2 completion percentage, 2.4 interception percentage, 6.4 yards per attempt, 229.6 yards per game, 79.4 QB rating.
Eyrie
Decision making and protecting the ball were the two things that Kelly talked about when he first came here, which was why I predicted that Vick would be on a short leash.

Bradford is looking ropey on both.
JeeQ
#FullConfidence
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 22 2015, 07:46 AM) *

No did not have a fumble...it was Kelce who snapped the ball over Bradford's head, Sam recovered the ball so there was NO turnover. But I'm pretty sure you knew that, just shoveling a little more horse crap in to the argument?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 22 2015, 07:21 AM) *
I'd be pissed and worried if Chip didn't feel that way.

I'm pissed and worried that he's not frustrated enough.

xsv
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 22 2015, 06:36 PM) *
No did not have a fumble...it was Kelce who snapped the ball over Bradford's head, Sam recovered the ball so there was NO turnover. But I'm pretty sure you knew that, just shoveling a little more horse crap in to the argument?

Bradford is officially credited with 2 fumbles this game. One of them was obviously caused by Kelce snapping it over his head. The other was completely on Bradford.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 23 2015, 06:36 AM) *
Bradford is officially credited with 2 fumbles this game. One of them was obviously caused by Kelce snapping it over his head. The other was completely on Bradford.

I'm not recalling the other one. When did it occur?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 23 2015, 11:55 AM) *
I'm not recalling the other one. When did it occur?

Late 4th quarter recovered by Lane Johnson.....the Eagles did not lose the ball on either fumble..
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 23 2015, 01:56 PM) *
Late 4th quarter recovered by Lane Johnson.....the Eagles did not lose the ball on either fumble..

correct.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 23 2015, 01:56 PM) *

LOL, yeah it was the handoff to Murray...and the QB gets that fumble I guess.

Neither lost, neither a turnover...unlike Foles who fumbles, loses them AND they get run back for TD's but whatever.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 23 2015, 04:58 PM) *
LOL, yeah it was the handoff to Murray...and the QB gets that fumble I guess.

Neither lost, neither a turnover...unlike Foles who fumbles, loses them AND they get run back for TD's but whatever.

On that specific fumble, you see Bradford move the ball out just prior to Murray trying to take it.

It was not a lost fumble though.
Eyrie
We may not have turned over the ball, but we still lost yardage and the down.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 24 2015, 05:44 AM) *
We may not have turned over the ball, but we still lost yardage and the down.

So you are saying it was like most running plays then?
xsv
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 24 2015, 07:03 AM) *
So you are saying it was like most running plays then?

He, like just about everyone else on the planet except you and a few others, are saying that Bradford sucks.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 24 2015, 08:41 AM) *
He, like just about everyone else on the planet except you and a few others, are saying that Bradford sucks.

I have never come across a fan base filled with such losers who live each day with a loser mentality, looking to see who the next player on "their" team is that they can pick about to make their loser life feel better. It's a shame too because this team is getting better by the week. You guys should go root for Cleveland, seriously.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 24 2015, 01:55 PM) *
I have never come across a fan base filled with such losers who live each day with a loser mentality, looking to see who the next player on "their" team is that they can pick about to make their loser life feel better. It's a shame too because this team is getting better by the week. You guys should go root for Cleveland, seriously.

Most of us were excited by Bradford's potential, and then by his brief appearances in pre-season.

It's simple realism to to be concerned when he isn't producing in the regular games. That doesn't stop us wanting him to turn it round, but our team comes first and if a player isn't doing the business then they deserve criticism and not unquestioned adulation. We endured enough of that crap from the Tebow fans in the offseason.
xsv
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 24 2015, 08:55 AM) *

You're full of shit. I'm as optimistic as anyone.

The real loser mentality here is having a fanboi attitude and never criticizing anyone even when they play poorly. YOU may be happy with Bradford's shitty level of play, and reserve hope that he will eventually turn it around, contrary to ALL evidence, but the rest of us are keeping it real.

You should go root for the baseball Angels, or any other team owned by Disney. Seriously.
xsv
Not to mention that a very few Eagles fans are the ONLY fans in the NFL that still have delusions of Bradford ever playing better. Everyone else has given up on him ever fulfilling his potential.

Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 24 2015, 12:01 PM) *
Not to mention that a very few Eagles fans are the ONLY fans in the NFL that still have delusions of Bradford ever playing better. Everyone else has given up on him ever fulfilling his potential.

For the record, I am delusional. unsure.gif
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2015, 12:30 PM) *
For the record, I am delusional. unsure.gif

At least you realize it. That more that I can say for most delusional optimists.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 24 2015, 07:55 AM) *

It's not a loser mentality to play those who give your team the best chance of winning. You have always loved Bradford. Some were hopeful, some not thrilled.

I'd like Sam to do well as it is in my best interests as a long time Eagles fan, and on the financial side, it will secure my bet of Eagles over 9.5 wins for the year.

However, the Rams decided that his showing in STL and his contribution to a 18-30 record when he played, was not good enough. All despite being the #1 pick in the draft. They decided to move on in another direction. THey decided to move on to someone they thought had more upside.

Now you criticize people here for not being sold on this guy after his piss poor showing so far this year?

This is among a board population where it seems 10 out of 12 are still willing to stick with him no matter what.

Go look at the season predictions and tell me that people were looking forward to losing. There was more optimism on this board than school girls on prom night.

Sounds like you are just pissed at Sam for not backing up your preseason accolades.

Don't take it out on the board. Go down the Linc and boo him for disappointing your loyalty and expectations.

Is it just maybe possible that your talent evaluation of Sam Bradford was wrong?
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 24 2015, 02:59 PM) *
It's not a loser mentality to play those who give your team the best chance of winning. You have always loved Bradford. Some were hopeful, some not thrilled.

I'd like Sam to do well as it is in my best interests as a long time Eagles fan, and on the financial side, it will secure my bet of Eagles over 9.5 wins for the year.

However, the Rams decided that his showing in STL and his contribution to a 18-30 record when he played, was not good enough. All despite being the #1 pick in the draft. They decided to move on in another direction. They decided to move on to someone they thought had more upside.

Now you criticize people here for not being sold on this guy after his piss poor showing so far this year?

This is among a board population where it seems 10 out of 12 are still willing to stick with him no matter what.

Go look at the season predictions and tell me that people were looking forward to losing. There was more optimism on this board than school girls on prom night.

Sounds like you are just pissed at Sam for not backing up your preseason accolades.

Don't take it out on the board. Go down the Linc and boo him for disappointing your loyalty and expectations.

Is it just maybe possible that your talent evaluation of Sam Bradford was wrong?

A) The Eagles are 3-3 and in first place. This after being left for dead at 0-2. So one would THINK true "fans" would at least be happy about that?

cool.gif I have no problem with constructive criticism of him or any player but the filth, anger, and names people direct at the guy are totally uncalled for and frankly, quite childish.

C) The ONLY reason STL let him go was because they didn't want to roll the dice for a 3rd straight year on his knee, which I could not kill them on but I knew he'd get healthy or at least I couldn't recall any QB leaving the league at 27 because of acl injuries so unless he was going to be the first.... AND the Rams insisted on getting your "starting" QB, your 2nd round pick in 2016 AND out from under his 2015 salary 9though the Rams mistakenly got right back in to a cap issue by signing Foles for $25 mil over 2 years which I would have NEVER done)

D) Do you think there is a reason he went #1 overall? Why Chip made the above trade for him? Why 2 "other" teams where willing to give up their #1's for him? And why he WILL BE in HIGH demand next off-season if he does not resign in Philly?

Any real football person who watches Sam's int's knows that 90% of them are because of bad throws, NOT bad reads or bad decisions. Something that he has NEVER had issue with and I was very happy to hear that he and the QB coach came to the same conclusion and have been working on it (wait transfer to front/ACL leg) and have strong hopes that by the time he gets to Dallas after the bye this will be mostly behind him, it's not going away immediately I wouldn't think but who knows, maybe as soon as tomorrow night it will be vastly improved?

Friend, in 2013 he was exploding on to the scene after a good 2012 (21/13), in 6+ games playing with rookies and average players at best he was at 14 td's/4 ints with a 91 rating on a 3-3 team before he got hurt in Carolina. Tomorrow will be the first time he's played there since and I have not read one word from any Philly report about this (I've even tweeted a few to write something about this but..).

Lastly, I'll be here all year and I promise you I have no over-evaluated this player one iota.
nephillymike
A) The Eagles are 3-3 and in first place. This after being left for dead at 0-2. So one would THINK true "fans" would at least be happy about that?
============================================================
I was very happy Monday Night. See my she ain't pretty but she's mine comment post game
=======================================================

cool.gif I have no problem with constructive criticism of him or any player but the filth, anger, and names people direct at the guy are totally uncalled for and frankly, quite childish.
=================================================================
Can't speak for everyone else, but I don't think I called him names. But I don't hide my disappointment.

C) The ONLY reason STL let him go was because they didn't want to roll the dice for a 3rd straight year on his knee, which I could not kill them on but I knew he'd get healthy or at least I couldn't recall any QB leaving the league at 27 because of acl injuries so unless he was going to be the first.... AND the Rams insisted on getting your "starting" QB, your 2nd round pick in 2016 AND out from under his 2015 salary 9though the Rams mistakenly got right back in to a cap issue by signing Foles for $25 mil over 2 years which I would have NEVER done)
================================================================
I agree about their foolish move to extend Foles, just as I thin it was foolish to talk about extending Bradford. Two QB's not doing much don't deserve a sniff of an extension until they show me. At least Foles posted historical numbers, but even that, he was bad last year. most f'd up mechanics I remember.
STL didn't want to roll the dice on his PERFORMANCE. They also knew about his wavering about playing again. They are very capable in STL of reading the same medical reports as we did and know the slim chance of recurrence. It was a talent evaluation decision. Lastly, I think Chip thought there was a chance some extras plus Bradford would get him Mariota. Caplan confirmed he had talks with both TB and TEN. Wisenhunt didn't want Mariota, thought a style misfit, but he wowed them during his visit and he changed his tune.
=====================================================================

D) Do you think there is a reason he went #1 overall? Why Chip made the above trade for him? Why 2 "other" teams where willing to give up their #1's for him? And why he WILL BE in HIGH demand next off-season if he does not resign in Philly?
=======================================================================

D. Carr, J. Russell, M. Stafford, S. Bradford, J Winston
VS
M. Vick, C. Palmer, E. Manning, A. Smith, C. Newton, A. Luck

First round overall draft picks at QB are about a coin flip. The #1 pick is a slightly over 50% shot for a QB.

The way he's going, he will be in high demand for a top end backup QB with a "chance" to compete for the starting job just like Sanchez had a "chance" to compete.
========================================================================
Any real football person who watches Sam's int's knows that 90% of them are because of bad throws, NOT bad reads or bad decisions. Something that he has NEVER had issue with and I was very happy to hear that he and the QB coach came to the same conclusion and have been working on it (wait transfer to front/ACL leg) and have strong hopes that by the time he gets to Dallas after the bye this will be mostly behind him, it's not going away immediately I wouldn't think but who knows, maybe as soon as tomorrow night it will be vastly improved?
The real football people I listen too say it is bad field vision. He's not seeing the open guys in his progressions and he is jittery the longer he has in the pocket. He should have had career days last two weeks.
====================================================================

Friend, in 2013 he was exploding on to the scene after a good 2012 (21/13), in 6+ games playing with rookies and average players at best he was at 14 td's/4 ints with a 91 rating on a 3-3 team before he got hurt in Carolina. Tomorrow will be the first time he's played there since and I have not read one word from any Philly report about this (I've even tweeted a few to write something about this but..).
===================================================================
Funny how people see his 91 rating, 3-3 record as an explosion and reason for hope, yet Sanchez' 88 rating, 4-4 record last year as so far below our needs for success.

Lastly, I'll be here all year and I promise you I have no over-evaluated this player one iota.
I hope you are right. We need him to be at least decent and not the bottom tier crap we've seen to date. I'd like to see him do well. He seems like a good guy and Lord knows we need a franchise QB. Magic Eightball says "Not Likely"
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 24 2015, 10:29 PM) *
============================================================
I was very happy Monday Night. See my she ain't pretty but she's mine comment post game
=======================================================

Can't speak for everyone else, but I don't think I called him names. But I don't hide my disappointment.

================================================================
I agree about their foolish move to extend Foles, just as I thin it was foolish to talk about extending Bradford. Two QB's not doing much don't deserve a sniff of an extension until they show me. At least Foles posted historical numbers, but even that, he was bad last year. most f'd up mechanics I remember.
STL didn't want to roll the dice on his PERFORMANCE. They also knew about his wavering about playing again. They are very capable in STL of reading the same medical reports as we did and know the slim chance of recurrence. It was a talent evaluation decision. Lastly, I think Chip thought there was a chance some extras plus Bradford would get him Mariota. Caplan confirmed he had talks with both TB and TEN. Wisenhunt didn't want Mariota, thought a style misfit, but he wowed them during his visit and he changed his tune.
=====================================================================

D. Carr, J. Russell, M. Stafford, S. Bradford, J Winston
VS
M. Vick, C. Palmer, E. Manning, A. Smith, C. Newton, A. Luck

First round overall draft picks at QB are about a coin flip. The #1 pick is a slightly over 50% shot for a QB.

The way he's going, he will be in high demand for a top end backup QB with a "chance" to compete for the starting job just like Sanchez had a "chance" to compete.
========================================================================
The real football people I listen too say it is bad field vision. He's not seeing the open guys in his progressions and he is jittery the longer he has in the pocket. He should have had career days last two weeks.

===================================================================
Funny how people see his 91 rating, 3-3 record as an explosion and reason for hope, yet Sanchez' 88 rating, 4-4 record last year as so far below our needs for success.

I hope you are right. We need him to be at least decent and not the bottom tier crap we've seen to date. I'd like to see him do well. He seems like a good guy and Lord knows we need a franchise QB. Magic Eightball says "Not Likely"

Friend you have obviously never seen a Ram game in years because the "talent" Bradford played with in 2013 was a disgrace, and from the day he came in to the league its been pathetic.

For the Eagles, J Matthews was MUCH better last year, add in maclin and even Ertz was healthy day 1 not to mention McCoy out of the back field is a lot more explosive than Murray in that regard.

Simply no comparison.

As for Sam next year I promise you the ONLY thing a lot of teams are caring about is "can he play 16 games this season?"

Chip's offense is so different than anyone elses, coach's know his arm talent, they've seen how he did throwing to crap talent in STL, 0 question he will be the starting QB somewhere next year.

Better question for you haters is, if not Sam then WHO will be your QB next year? Do any of you guys watch these other teams play? There are so many guys under centre that just should not even be back-ups.

Oh well...good luck!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 24 2015, 10:27 PM) *

Friend you have obviously never seen a Ram game in years because the "talent" Bradford played with in 2013 was a disgrace, and from the day he came in to the league its been pathetic.

For the Eagles, J Matthews was MUCH better last year, add in maclin and even Ertz was healthy day 1 not to mention McCoy out of the back field is a lot more explosive than Murray in that regard.

Simply no comparison.

As for Sam next year I promise you the ONLY thing a lot of teams are caring about is "can he play 16 games this season?"

Chip's offense is so different than anyone elses, coach's know his arm talent, they've seen how he did throwing to crap talent in STL, 0 question he will be the starting QB somewhere next year.

Better question for you haters is, if not Sam then WHO will be your QB next year? Do any of you guys watch these other teams play? There are so many guys under centre that just should not even be back-ups.

Oh well...good luck!

I see where you are going with this.

You already have his failure here pegged to the WR play.

If he doesn't play up to Sanchez' "lowly" standards of last year, then it must be the WR"s fault. (did you see the injury riddled OL Sanchez played with?)

He played poorly in STL but it was the others fault.

He played at a decent level for 6 games in STL and that was HIS skill.

There is no amount of poor play that you will ever attribute to Sam. That being the case, your mind is made up and no sense debating the issue. Unless of course, you want to throw some stats out there where you would agree that anything below those that even you, the most ardent Sam fan, would agree that he should shoulder most of the blame. (Like maybe a 61 passer rating against an injury riddled defensive backfield of the 32nd ranked passing defense)

True, I would imagine that some coaches may consider Sam a better talent than Mallet or Fitzpatrick. Congrats on that. We need a QB to play at a higher level than that.

As far as who is next if not him? Don't know. But just because you aren't sure what the future holds, doesn't mean you marry the one your with (contrary to the song).
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 09:41 AM) *

If he doesn't play up to Sanchez' "lowly" standards of last year, then it must be the WR"s fault. (did you see the injury riddled OL Sanchez played with?)

He played poorly in STL but it was the others fault.

He played at a decent level for 6 games in STL and that was HIS skill.

There is no amount of poor play that you will ever attribute to Sam. That being the case, your mind is made up and no sense debating the issue. Unless of course, you want to throw some stats out there where you would agree that anything below those that even you, the most ardent Sam fan, would agree that he should shoulder most of the blame. (Like maybe a 61 passer rating against an injury riddled defensive backfield of the 32nd ranked passing defense)

True, I would imagine that some coaches may consider Sam a better talent than Mallet or Fitzpatrick. Congrats on that. We need a QB to play at a higher level than that.

As far as who is next if not him? Don't know. But just because you aren't sure what the future holds, doesn't mean you marry the one your with (contrary to the song).

Now that is a little rewrite of history....

In his rookie year he was in the running for rookie of the year so I am guessing he had a decent year there...I mean he had 2 consecutive offensive rookie of the month awards so he did something right....among other records he set or tied that year for a rookie...

His 2nd year was marred by a high ankle sprain.....and he played poorly....but that is on him...injury or not

His 3rd year he had a good year on a team loaded with rookies...and he had quite a few "good" games...

His 4th year he was playing very well and was on his way to his best year prior to injury...

Now he is 6 games into coming back from consecutive major injuries.....to his plant leg...and after 6 games you are ready to throw in the towel....and that makes sense to you?

I get you want consistency.....that is a fair expectation but you need to reread that history you keep trotting out before you get too carried away.....
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 09:41 AM) *

You don't "see" at all.

ALL I am saying is, once his mechanics are straight he will return to the accurate passer he IS and this offense will take off.

Have there been way too many drops, especially by J Matthews? Sure.

But in the last 2 weeks IF HE WAS RIGHT MECHANICALLY he'd have thrown for 6 td's and they would have hung a 50 burger on N.O. and an 40 burger on big blue.

What I'm saying is he'll "get right" in Philly or somewhere else if Chip pulls the plug, hopefulyl for the few sane Eagle fans it will be for them.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2015, 11:02 AM) *

In his rookie year he was in the running for rookie of the year so I am guessing he had a decent year there...I mean he had 2 consecutive offensive rookie of the month awards so he did something right....among other records he set or tied that year for a rookie...

His 2nd year was marred by a high ankle sprain.....and he played poorly....but that is on him...injury or not

His 3rd year he had a good year on a team loaded with rookies...and he had quite a few "good" games...

His 4th year he was playing very well and was on his way to his best year prior to injury...

Now he is 6 games into coming back from consecutive major injuries.....to his plant leg...and after 6 games you are ready to throw in the towel....and that makes sense to you?

I get you want consistency.....that is a fair expectation but you need to reread that history you keep trotting out before you get too carried away.....

So, what you are saying is...

First year he was decent.
Second year, he sucked
Third year, he sucked.
Fourth year, he was injured.

Now, in his 5th year, he looks almost exactly the same as his 2nd and 3rd year, i.e, he's sucked.

You act like 6 games into a 5th season is not enough to be able to make a determination of whether a guy can be any good or not. 6 games is WELL beyond rust. It's WELL beyond any workout issues. It's well beyond learning a new system.6 games is an eternity in the NFL. If he was a rookie, I'd be more willing to give him a pass.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2015, 10:02 AM) *

History = 49 GS, 79.3 rating, 18-30 record
Present = 6 GS, 80.0 rating, 3-3 record (thanks mostly to defense rated 3rd overall in DVOA by FO vs 20th for Offense)

These both put him in the bottom tier of starting QB's.

I don't see the need to make excuses for the guy.

He has to play better.

History says he isn't good enough and the present says he isn't good enough.

Hey, I hope he turns it around for our sake and he needs to do so TODAY. Like I said before, he's a guy I can root for.

My patience is done.

At least Foles and Sanchez won in this league and at least Foles had a great year in this system. This guy has done nothing. I could more understand the patience in those cases if I were Chip. And you know last year, the way Foles was playing, I said Sanchez would come in and play better. He did. Not Pro Bowl level better, but better. So it ain't like I'm hating on Bradford and it ain't like Sanchez couldn't come in and play better than Bradford too.

We cannot afford to lose a game because of poor QB play. We win one of the ATL or DAL games with decent QB play. We got lucky and won vs NYJ with poor QB play. We are not going to have that one game cushion to be able to throw one away. That is my angst. We need to make the playoffs AND win a playoff game this year.

I'll agree he should start today.

He's got the first half.

Show me or else it's Sanchize time.

Hopefully this is nothing but useless debate and he plays well in a win and we have optimism heading into the bye.
mcnabbulous
Mikey - you still don't get it. Chip doesn't want to win or care about winning 10 games. He wants to compete for championships.

That can't happen with Sanchez (or Foles for that matter). Getting incremental improvement from Sanchez literally offers no value based on that mindset.

You care about making the playoffs and winning a game. That isn't Chip's end game. Bradford may never turn out to be the guy, but he offers championship upside. Whether they are growing pains or the reality of what he is, will continue to be evaluated this season.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2015, 01:36 PM) *
Mikey - you still don't get it. Chip doesn't want to win or care about winning 10 games. He wants to compete for championships.

That can't happen with Sanchez (or Foles for that matter). Getting incremental improvement from Sanchez literally offers no value based on that mindset.

You care about making the playoffs and winning a game. That isn't Chip's end game. Bradford may never turn out to be the guy, but he offers championship upside. Whether they are growing pains or the reality of what he is, will continue to be evaluated this season.

A guy with championship upside needs to show championship upside.

I never saw a SB championship team who won the SB without making the playoffs.

Need to get invited to the dance to win the dance.
Robberson
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 02:44 PM) *

Well, if there's anyone who could pull that off, certainly it would be our genius. laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2015, 01:44 PM) *
A guy with championship upside needs to show championship upside.

Need to get invited to the dance to win the dance.

You're looking at this exclusively with 2015 in mind. Chip isn't.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2015, 03:50 PM) *
You're looking at this exclusively with 2015 in mind. Chip isn't.

Lol @ Bradford having champions nship upside.

He hasn"t shown "championship upside" his entre career.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 25 2015, 04:40 PM) *
Lol @ Bradford having champions nship upside.

He hasn"t shown "championship upside" his entre career.

He can make all the throws. Prior to this season, his supporting cast was historically bad. He's playing for the first time in two years on a reconstructed knee. Give it more than 6 games.

Most guys have improved in the second year following a knee injury.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2015, 06:16 PM) *
He can make all the throws. Prior to this season, his supporting cast was historically bad. He's playing for the first time in two years on a reconstructed knee. Give it more than 6 games.

6 games is an eternity in the NFL.

Lots of busts and bums could also make all the throws. Bobby Hoying could make all the throws, too.

At this rate he will not be a starter in the NFL to play better his second year after a knee injury.

Also, he looks as bad now as he looked before the knee injury.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 25 2015, 05:20 PM) *
6 games is an eternity in the NFL.

No it isn't.

Lots of busts and bums could also make all the throws. Bobby Hoying could make all the throws, too.

This is a lie. He had questionable arm strength, at best.

At this rate he will not be a starter in the NFL to play better his second year after a knee injury.

There are a lot of current NFL starters who are worse than Bradford has been. He will be starting somewhere next year.

Also, he looks as bad now as he looked before the knee injury.

He looks different now than he did before. More ypa, more interceptions, higher completion percentage, fewer sacks.

Suggesting we know exactly what we have with this guy after 6 games is silly.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2015, 05:16 PM) *

Most guys improve the 2nd year after surgery on their throwing shoulder.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 25 2015, 06:28 PM) *
No it isn't.

This is a lie. He had questionable arm strength, at best.

There are a lot of current NFL starters who are worse than Bradford has been. He will be starting somewhere next year.

He looks different now than he did before. More ypa, more interceptions, higher completion percentage, fewer sacks.

Suggesting we know exactly what we have with this guy after 6 games is silly.

Near career average in "lack of heart" category.

We know what we have in him. A pussy that can, on occasion, throw the ball well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.