Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Carolina for SNF vs a 6-0 team and still
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Speed_Kills
the line is only +3.

Eagles will be 4-3 headed in to the bye. Bank it.
D Rock
Carolina hasn't played anybody yet. Their opponents combined for 9 wins. Ours have combined for 15.
mcnabbulous
Going out west and beating Seattle was impressive. Newton is playing really well, but they have a major rut at the skill positions. We're extremely well equipped to give their offense fits.

I wish I had some semblance of confidence in our offense though.
coffee
Congrats on winning last night! Congrats also on taking the division lead! I'm a Panther fan just nosing about. I look forward to our game this week and hope it's a good one.

Seems like a matchup of the two most confusing teams in the NFL right now:

Up until this week, everyone thought we were only undefeated due to schedule. Now, many aren't so sure. I see some here still feel that way.

You were expected to either be the greatest team or the biggest bust after all the offseason stuff and you've kinda given glimpses of both so far, so you are quite unpredictable as well. (Looking over your posts here, it seems most would agree with me on that but, if not, I certainly don't mean it as an insult. Just saying both our teams are not the easiest to read just yet.)

Whatever the case, I'll be lurking around a bit and may even make a comment or two but I'll keep it respectful.
mcnabbulous
Glad to have you. We are definitely still an enigma. I don't think in anyone's wildest did we expect our offense to struggle this much.

Assuming we contain Cam on the ground, which is a threat we haven't yet faced, I think you guys will struggle to move the ball on us. Our run defense is simply outstanding.

Definitely share any insights you have. We handled you all pretty well last year. Should be a good game.
samaroo
Welcome, coffee! Looking forward to this game as well. Seems like it will almost-certainly be a good yard stick for us. Whether or not it is for you...well, it depends on which team gets off the plane from Philly...
coffee
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2015, 07:00 PM) *
Glad to have you. We are definitely still an enigma. I don't think in anyone's wildest did we expect our offense to struggle this much.

Assuming we contain Cam on the ground, which is a threat we haven't yet faced, I think you guys will struggle to move the ball on us. Our run defense is simply outstanding.

Definitely share any insights you have. We handled you all pretty well last year. Should be a good game.

Yeah, you kind of blew us away last year. Hopefully, even if we lose, we won't roll over so easily this time.

You're right. Containing Cam is quite important. Our run game outside of him has not really gotten going yet and, from what you say, it doesn't sound like a great chance it will this week either. Our D has been doing quite well, though, and we have Kuechly back, so we may be in for a defensive game.
coffee
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 20 2015, 07:04 PM) *
Welcome, coffee! Looking forward to this game as well. Seems like it will almost-certainly be a good yard stick for us. Whether or not it is for you...well, it depends on which team gets off the plane from Philly...

Thanks. Hey, you guys wouldn't happen to have known a Philly fan on one of these boards that went by "Slower," would you? He visited our Panther message board very regularly and earned a ton of friends there. He was the ultimate gentleman. I understand he lost his battle with cancer a while ago, but he made such a good impression that I wanted to see if any here remembered him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (coffee @ Oct 20 2015, 06:14 PM) *
Thanks. Hey, you guys wouldn't happen to have known a Philly fan on one of these boards that went by "Slower," would you? He visited our Panther message board very regularly and earned a ton of friends there. He was the ultimate gentleman. I understand he lost his battle with cancer a while ago, but he made such a good impression that I wanted to see if any here remembered him.

Doesn't sound familiar to me, but this is really the only Eagles board I visit. We have a bunch of great posters and some inbred mouth breathers (Robberson or his handle du jour) around here.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2015, 06:05 PM) *
Going out west and beating Seattle was impressive. Newton is playing really well, but they have a major rut at the skill positions. We're extremely well equipped to give their offense fits.

I wish I had some semblance of confidence in our offense though.

Not when you look objectively at the season to date.....the worst mistake Seattle made was to trade away their centre for Graham.....

Their 2 wins? Chicago and Detroit.....3-9 combined.....great wins.... You are thinking of Seattle of last year.....money grabs hurt them.

Granted...3 of their 4 losses came against good teams but while their defense is good their offense is not.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 20 2015, 06:52 PM) *
Not when you look objectively at the season to date.....the worst mistake Seattle made was to trade away their centre for Graham.....

Their 2 wins? Chicago and Detroit.....3-9 combined.....great wins.... You are thinking of Seattle of last year.....money grabs hurt them.

Granted...3 of their 4 losses came against good teams but while their defense is good their offense is not.

Traveling across the country and winning a road game is always impressive. Seattle may not be a great team, but they're not a pushover.

Road wins in the NFL are hard.
D Rock
QUOTE (coffee @ Oct 20 2015, 10:52 PM) *
Congrats on winning last night! Congrats also on taking the division lead! I'm a Panther fan just nosing about. I look forward to our game this week and hope it's a good one.

Up until this week, everyone thought we were only undefeated due to schedule. Now, many aren't so sure. I see some here still feel that way.

You were expected to either be the greatest team or the biggest bust after all the offseason stuff and you've kinda given glimpses of both so far, so you are quite unpredictable as well. (Looking over your posts here, it seems most would agree with me on that but, if not, I certainly don't mean it as an insult. Just saying both our teams are not the easiest to read just yet.)

Whatever the case, I'll be lurking around a bit and may even make a comment or two but I'll keep it respectful.

Your opponents thus far this season have a COMBINED 9 wins. Even Seattle Sucks this season. You haven't played anybody yet. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.
coffee
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 21 2015, 02:23 PM) *
Your opponents thus far this season have a COMBINED 9 wins. Even Seattle Sucks this season. You haven't played anybody yet. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.

And thus as I said, "Some here still feel that way."
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 21 2015, 02:23 PM) *

Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better. Teams play who they play and Carolina took care of business. Wasn't Cam hurt last year when we played them?

Barwin and Graham have their work cut out for them Sunday night but so does Bradford. They're 11th in sacks, 3nd (with 4 others) in interceptions, 17th against the pass. Bradford's got to take care of the ball. At the same time, they're 21st against the run and 26th in total yards. We have to establish the run early and Bradford has to stop with the ints ... especially in the EZ!

Yo, Coffee ... how's that running game? The stats make it look good, you're 3rd in the league but it looks like if Newton is contained things could fizzle out. 30th in passing??
coffee
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 22 2015, 06:29 AM) *
Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better. Teams play who they play and Carolina took care of business. Wasn't Cam hurt last year when we played them?

Barwin and Graham have their work cut out for them Sunday night but so does Bradford. They're 11th in sacks, 3nd (with 4 others) in interceptions, 17th against the pass. Bradford's got to take care of the ball. At the same time, they're 21st against the run and 26th in total yards. We have to establish the run early and Bradford has to stop with the ints ... especially in the EZ!

Yo, Coffee ... how's that running game? The stats make it look good, you're 3rd in the league but it looks like if Newton is contained things could fizzle out. 30th in passing??

Honestly, it's just what you say. The stats make it look good, but it's not where it should be. Cam's getting a bunch of it. Our RB seemed to get going last week, so we'll see. He still didn't break 100 yards, but he was running like we've seen before (his own "Beast-mode") so I'm hopeful that will continue. Our biggest challenge on offense is that we have no receivers. With Kelvin Benjamin out for the year and Cotchery still slowed from injury, we have what would be #3 and #4 rcvrs on other teams. A lot of drops and a lot of times no one is open. So we're seeing more designed QB runs.
mcnabbulous
Barwin will spy Cam again this year. We're primed to lock down this offense.
JeeQ
If we play mistake free football this is a winnable game... if Bradford throws up another 3+ turnover game the Panthers are good enough to make us pay for those mistakes
Joegrane
QUOTE (coffee @ Oct 20 2015, 06:52 PM) *

Welcome to the group. Yes, that's a reasonable assessment.

The Eagles are not currently as bad as they were in the first two games. The O Line has settled down and the D is coming together better than most expected. On the negative side, they are banged up at WR, a position of weakness to start with and Bradford has been surprisingly reckless with the ball.

Getting ILB Kendricks back could be big. They'll need guys to chase Cam around. The speedy Kendricks fits the description.

Our D has been doing quite well, though, and we have Kuechly back, so we may be in for a defensive game.

That seems to be the best way for Carolina to win--dominate the Eagles banged up O Line, make Bradford skittish, frustrate D Murray, win the turnover battle, dominate in time of possession, and wear down the Eagles D.

Turnovers by the Eagles' D have been huge in the last two Ws. If they dominate the Carolina O Line and the Eagles O can use their tempo to wear down Carolina's D, I like their chances to get a tough road win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.