Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who do we Root for on Sunday? NYG vs Dal
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Spock
Taking the emotion and Dallas hate out of the equation, who should we root for form a strategic perspective?
Pila
QUOTE (Spock @ Oct 20 2015, 06:43 PM) *
Taking the emotion and Dallas hate out of the equation, who should we root for form a strategic perspective?

I think it's in our best interest to have the Jintz win this one.
Robberson
QUOTE (Spock @ Oct 20 2015, 12:43 PM) *

Root for injuries. biggrin.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 20 2015, 06:32 PM) *
Root for injuries. biggrin.gif

I'll root for your injury. GOOO Body Bags!!!
nephillymike
My second favorite team of course................

Whoever plays Dallas!!

Really though, IMO, Dallas is the best team of the three of us when Dez and Romo return, so we need to give them another loss to widen the gap they have to overcome.

I feel confident that we can handle the Giants late this season if need be.
Dreagon
Interesting choice.

If the Giants win they will be 4-3, and you guys play the undefeated Panthers next week. So on the one hand a Giants win could quite likely end up with you guys chasing them again.

If the Cowboys win we will be 3-3 and the Giants 3-4. meaning even if you do lose to the Panthers you're still in a three way tie for first place. On the other hand, as pointed out upthread, we will be getting Romo and Dez back later which means we may be in position to finish stronger than the Giants. Also, a Cowboys win would make us 3-0 in the division which could end up being important in December as well.

It could be argued either way.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 20 2015, 10:33 PM) *
Interesting choice.

If the Giants win they will be 4-3, and you guys play the undefeated Panthers next week. So on the one hand a Giants win could quite likely end up with you guys chasing them again.

If the Cowboys win we will be 3-3 and the Giants 3-4. meaning even if you do lose to the Panthers you're still in a three way tie for first place. On the other hand, as pointed out upthread, we will be getting Romo and Dez back later which means we may be in position to finish stronger than the Giants. Also, a Cowboys win would make us 3-0 in the division which could end up being important in December as well.

I don't really care about Romo and Dez coming back....they don't play defense and Dallas is not great there and not getting better....especially when Sean Lee has his annual season ending injury...Terrence Williams does not pull coverage from Dez and is not good enough to be the go to guy when Dez gets doubleteamed....

That being said....Go Giants....lol
JeeQ
Can't believe no one has said it yet... Let's root for a tie game and really fuck the standings up laugh.gif
Robberson
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 20 2015, 10:54 PM) *
Can't believe no one has said it yet... Let's root for a tie game and really fuck the standings up laugh.gif

A tie between those two could give the 12-4 short bus enough gas to get to Des Moines by mid-November. laugh.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 20 2015, 09:54 PM) *
I don't really care about Romo and Dez coming back....they don't play defense and Dallas is not great there and not getting better....especially when Sean Lee has his annual season ending injury...Terrence Williams does not pull coverage from Dez and is not good enough to be the go to guy when Dez gets doubleteamed....

That being said....Go Giants....lol

Your point on Lee is well taken (although he isn't down yet, knock on wood) but the truth is we just got stronger on defense. We got both our starting middle linebacker and our main pass rusher this past game, and we're getting our other main pass rusher back against the Giants. I'm not going to pretend we're a great defense now, but getting three main players back on our defense is a step forward.

Yep. The absence of Dez has been an eye opener regarding Terrance William. The question is how much of that was due to Weedens reluctance to throw to his receivers. Still at this point I would say Cole Beasley is more important to our offense than him. And now that people are starting to see that, he better step it up with Cassel or Jones may be drafting a receiver high next year.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 20 2015, 10:33 PM) *
Interesting choice.

I don't think there's any question that it's better for the Eagles if Dallas loses. We lost an embarrassing game to you when you were short handed but pummeled the Giants and they weren't quite as depleted. Romo/Dez/Witten are harder to handle than Manning/Jr and your defense is better. Besides, as much as I like seeing Coughlin all red-faced and coronary, it's far better to see Jethro's facelift sagging, slumped in his seat, dejected and beaten.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Spock @ Oct 20 2015, 01:43 PM) *

Neither.
mcnabbulous
Since Dallas beat us and we handled NYG, I think the answer is NYG here.
CT_Eagle
You have to root for a Giant win here. Dallas, when healthy, is the bigger threat. I would like to see them buried and out of it by the time Romo and Dez are back. Of course that means the Eagles have to go on a little winning streak between now and then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.