Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 interceptions in the End Zone
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
No other QB in the league has more than 1.

He's a disgrace. You Teblow converted Bradford fans are delusional if you think he's going to turn it around. He hasn't shown squat outside of the practice field.

You can say "other than two of his three picks..." all you want, but the FACT of the matter is that he had at least a DOZEN really poor throws in this game, include two that were easily 10 yards underthrown the Cooper that were complete for long gains, and a couple more to Ertz that were overthrown.

He makes poor decisions, poor throws, and he's not on the same page as ANY of his receivers.

Sanchez played better last year in EVERY statistical category.

“[Bradford’s] getting more familiar in terms of what we’re doing, but we can’t continue to do that against really good football teams,” Eagles coach Chip Kelly said. “We were fortunate that we did it and got away with it today, but in this league you can’t do that and sustain winning.”

Looks like the coach is starting to run out of patience as well.

6 weeks into the season it too much to be thinking he still shaking off the rust.
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 07:51 AM) *
Sanchez played better last year in EVERY statistical category.

The only things I remember about Sanchez' play last season was his ineptitude against our division rivals down the stretch. There was the awful performance against Dallass followed by the play-off poison pick he threw late in the Washington game.

I am not willing to hand the ball over to Sanchez to start for us. Based on his play last season, we know he isn't the QB to take us over the hump. While Bradford may not be that QB either, there is still a faint glimmer of hope.
HobbEs
Bradford is not the answer. I don't know if Sanchez is but I do know that we're going to be giving up a 2nd round pick the longer this experiment goes on.

Oh, and BTW, how about our 40 million dollar RB that doesn't start?
Phits
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 20 2015, 09:23 AM) *
Bradford is not the answer. I don't know if Sanchez is but I do know that we're going to be giving up a 2nd round pick the longer this experiment goes on.

After 2 years off and only 6 games into the season, it's still too early to write off Bradford completely.

These are the trade details as I am aware:

EAGLES GET: QB Sam Bradford, 2015 5th round pick, *(conditional 2016 pick)
RAMS GET: QB Nick Foles, 2015 4th round pick, 2016 2nd round pick

*The Eagles get a 2016 3rd round pick if Bradford plays 0% of the snaps. If Bradford plays less than 50% of the snaps, the Eagles get a 2016 4th in return.

how about our 40 million dollar RB that doesn't start?

It doesn't matter whether he starts. The only thing that matters is his productivity.
xsv
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 20 2015, 09:23 AM) *

Oh, and BTW, how about our 40 million dollar RB that doesn't start?

I'm ok with Murray. He's not what I was expecting, but at least he's not flat out terrible like Bradford has been.
xsv
CODE
G    GS    Comp        Att    Pct    Yds   Avg    TD    Int    Sck    SckY    Rate     FUM    Lost
9    8    198        309    64.1   2,418    7.8    14    11    23    151    88.4      7    3
8    8    186        311    59.8   2,163    7.0    13    10     9     74    81.4      4    3
6    6    144        228    63.2   1,561    6.8    9     9      8     62    80.0      2    1

That's Sanchez and Foles from last year, and Bradford from this year.

13 turnovers in 6 games!!
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 10:56 AM) *
CODE
G    GS    Comp        Att    Pct    Yds   Avg    TD    Int    Sck    SckY    Rate     FUM    Lost
9    8    198        309    64.1   2,418    7.8    14    11    23    151    88.4      7    3
8    8    186        311    59.8   2,163    7.0    13    10     9     74    81.4      4    3
6    6    144        228    63.2   1,561    6.8    9     9      8     62    80.0      2    1

That's Sanchez and Foles from last year, and Bradford from this year.

13 turnovers in 6 games!!

9 INT + 1 FUM lost is 10 turnovers
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2015, 11:37 AM) *
9 INT + 1 FUM lost is 10 turnovers

Opps. Still.
Robberson
He's a disgrace. You Teblow converted Bradford fans are delusional if you think he's going to turn it around. He hasn't shown squat outside of the practice field.

laugh.gif

Well said, it's like Teblow fanatics turned into Bradford slobbers. A win is a win in the NFL, but the Giants gift-wrapped and handed this one to us, like the Saints. We have no shot in hell against good teams.
Phits

That's just not true. While he has been largely ineffective and a huge disappointment. He played brilliantly in spurts: the 2nd half of the Falcons. He played well in the Saints game. He gave the D a fourth quarter lead (which they blew) in the Washington game.

Bottom line is that without a QB of the future on the current roster, benching Bradford this season would be a waste of time.

More importantly, you have Robberson or House of Pain or Zed2k siding with you. If that's not an indication of going down the wrong path, I don't know what is.
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2015, 01:56 PM) *
That's just not true. While he has been largely ineffective and a huge disappointment. He played brilliantly in spurts: the 2nd half of the Falcons. He played well in the Saints game. He gave the D a fourth quarter lead (which they blew) in the Washington game.

Bottom line is that without a QB of the future on the current roster, benching Bradford this season would be a waste of time.

More importantly, you have Robberson or House of Pain or Zed2k siding with you. If that's not an indication of going down the wrong path, I don't know what is.

It is true. His "spurts" have been far outweighed by his ineffectiveness, mistakes, poor decisions and poor throws.

He's not the QB of the future. There isn't one on the current roster, so we may as well go with the guy that gives us the best chance to win now. That's not Badford.

That said, you have a good point about looking at who else is on my side of the argument, so I'll take a closer look at this, I guess. but Badford played like dogshit in this game, and has for most of the year. That's irrefutable.

mcnabbulous
The only compelling argument Bradford can make for starting moving forward is not turning the ball over. That's literally the only one. As it currently stands, he's not much better at protecting the ball than Sanchez. Which is pretty remarkable. I guess he's also been decent at not taking sacks, which Foles and Sanchez were both really terrible about.

From Sanchez's perspective, I can't imagine he could be worse at protecting it than he was last year. So I'm really at a loss on this.

Not having a QB sucks, but it's our reality. I don't think Chip really has a good solution at this point, but I'm sure he'll keep looking.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2015, 03:11 PM) *
*The Eagles get a 2016 3rd round pick if Bradford plays 0% of the snaps. If Bradford plays less than 50% of the snaps, the Eagles get a 2016 4th in return.

I'd sit Bradford immediately based on that. Given his standard of play, right now that third is more valuable than any upside Bradford has over Sanchez.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 03:25 PM) *
That said, you have a good point about looking at who else is on my side of the argument, so I'll take a closer look at this, I guess. but Badford played like dogshit in this game, and has for most of the year. That's irrefutable.

I did not have the heart to point that out to you.... tongue.gif
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 20 2015, 04:27 PM) *
I did not have the heart to point that out to you.... tongue.gif

I'm just disappointed. I really thought Bradford was going to be the guy.

He's proven to me that he's not, though. You guys can still have hope, but I'm convinced he'll be exactly the same as he has all year, which is exactly the same as he has been his entire career. A disappointment.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 08:52 PM) *

He's proven to me that he's not, though. You guys can still have hope, but I'm convinced he'll be exactly the same as he has all year, which is exactly the same as he has been his entire career. A disappointment.

I dont get how you can be so certain after 6 games. 3 of which the offensive line didn't even show up. Add to that the league leading number of drops by everybody on the roster not named Ertz, and there is simply not enough evidence yet to call Sam a bum.

Stop dropping 3 or 4 balls in key situations. Stop snapping the ball an hour before it's supposed to.

Yesterday, Sam looked like crap. But he's still getting little to no help from the rest of the offense.

And . . .

While he DID look like crap. We pulled out a 20 point win over a hated division rival. Our 2nd consecutive 20+ point win. Our 3rd win in 4 games.

Boo Fucking Hoo.
xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 20 2015, 06:09 PM) *
I dont get how you can be so certain after 6 games. 3 of which the offensive line didn't even show up. Add to that the league leading number of drops by everybody on the roster not named Ertz, and there is simply not enough evidence yet to call Sam a bum.

Stop dropping 3 or 4 balls in key situations. Stop snapping the ball an hour before it's supposed to.

Yesterday, Sam looked like crap. But he's still getting little to no help from the rest of the offense.

Plenty of evidence he's a bum.
Look at his career stats.
Look at how he's playing poorly even tough he's got a perfectly clean pocket and plenty of time to throw.
Look at how he's not on the same page as ANY of his receivers.
Look at the boneheaded sack he took for a safety, when the Giants defense bailed him out with a penalty.
Look at how he can't throw the ball downfield, he either under throws or overthrows everything.
Look at how often he's turning over the ball.
Look at the "deer in the headlights" look on his face every play

Jeez, it's been 6 games plus preseason. He's had plenty of time to get his act together. He's a bum. There is plenty of evidence.

And . . .

While he DID look like crap. We pulled out a 20 point win over a hated division rival. Our 2nd consecutive 20+ point win. Our 3rd win in 4 games.

Boo Fucking Hoo.

I don't have a problem with most of the rest of the team. J. Matthews and Maxwell look like bums, too. Other than that, I'm pretty happy. I jsut wish we didn't have a bum at qb, because then we'd be real contenders.

samaroo
This whole debate is why I want Bradford taking every snap this year. When this season ends, we need to know if he's the guy or not. If he gets benched now, there's still questions. If he plays our 16th game and still looks like this, then we can move on without question or controversy. We haven't had that here in a while, and we need it, I think.
xsv
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 20 2015, 06:55 PM) *
This whole debate is why I want Bradford taking every snap this year. When this season ends, we need to know if he's the guy or not. If he gets benched now, there's still questions. If he plays our 16th game and still looks like this, then we can move on without question or controversy. We haven't had that here in a while, and we need it, I think.

The question has been answered. He's not the guy
samaroo
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 21 2015, 07:59 AM) *
The question has been answered. He's not the guy

That question is answered for you. It needs to be answered for everyone else. And I'm not talking about the fanbase.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 04:52 PM) *

it is a possibility but far to early to tell....if he was throwing for 140 yds per game I would say yes but he is making some strong throws....they are just dismissed because of his mistakes and the media jumps on the bandwagon.....

He needs tpo get better but he is not that far off.....whether he gets there is the question...there is time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.