Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Murray
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I keep thinking that one of the big reasons why Kelly traded McCoy and brought in Murray was because Murray didn't dance or take the run to the edges. He's a one cut, off tackle, punishing runner and McCoy had too many negative yard runs.

Ouch! Murray had a good game last night, but he had those negative yards and he keeps taking it outside. Is it the play call? If so, why? Because the unimportant guards aren't opening the holes on the inside? Or are there inside calls that he is taking outside because the holes aren't there?

I'm not criticizing Murray, I'm just confused.
Phits
I am confused as well. In last night's MNF broadcast, Chucky suggested that Murray is less equipped as a N/S runner when operating from the shotgun. It doesn't allow him to hit the hole with a full head of steam.
HobbEs
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 20 2015, 08:17 AM) *
I am confused as well. In last night's MNF broadcast, Chucky suggested that Murray is less equipped as a N/S runner when operating from the shotgun. It doesn't allow him to hit the hole with a full head of steam.

Square peg meet round hole. Murray is a N/S runner in a offense designed to go E/W. Lack of talent on the O line doesn't help either.
mcnabbulous
Our offense isn't designed to go E/W. We have been running a decent amount of outside zone plays, because defenses are stacking the interior to stop the inside zone (which is our preferred running play).

The OZ worked all night regardless of the runner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.