Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game Highlights
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
samaroo
Man, the most frustrating thing with Sammy the Sleeve isn't the bad throws he makes, it's the good ones! It won't let me stop hoping. If he would just suck consistently, it'd be easier to deal with.
Pila
That's a good way to put it!
xsv
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 20 2015, 12:27 AM) *
Man, the most frustrating thing with Sammy the Sleeve isn't the bad throws he makes, it's the good ones! It won't let me stop hoping. If he would just suck consistently, it'd be easier to deal with.

What good plays did he make last night? I'll give you the 6 yard pass to Matthews?
samaroo
I don't have anything specific in mind, just overall. And he shows flashes of his great arm fairly often. There are a lot of throws that look effortless downfield (like Vick) that don't connect (like Vick.) But the arm talent is there to be seen.

It's the head talent that gives me pause.
xsv
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 20 2015, 05:44 PM) *
I don't have anything specific in mind, just overall. And he shows flashes of his great arm fairly often. There are a lot of throws that look effortless downfield (like Vick) that don't connect (like Vick.) But the arm talent is there to be seen.

It's the head talent that gives me pause.

It's the accuracy that's given me a concern. I'm not seeing it, definitely wasn't there in this game. Haven't really seen it all year
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 04:50 PM) *
It's the accuracy that's given me a concern. I'm not seeing it, definitely wasn't there in this game. Haven't really seen it all year

Agreed. Easily the most disappointing element of his game.
Dreagon
I was pulling for you guys in that game, but I sorta hated seeing the Giants just implode like they did. That means they are going to have Coughlin chewing their tails all week and trying to prove it was a fluke when we face them.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2015, 05:55 PM) *
Agreed. Easily the most disappointing element of his game.

Without the accuracy he's just Michael Vick without the rushing ability.
samaroo
Yeah, he's definitely been way long or way short on a lot of throws. I'm trying to think of another QB who had that problem, but I can't think of any.

I remember watching Donovan play, and his worm-burners. If his first pass was low, it was gonna be a long game. But he was consistent that way, always low, unless I'm misremembering. I can't recall a QB missing just all over the place like this.

But I think it's mental, not physical. He's been accurate before. Consistently accurate. I watched him a lot in college, and it was there then. I know the game is different, but throwing where you aim is translatable. It's obvious him and the WRs aren't on the same page right now, whoever's fault that is, but the accuracy issues I think are mental. Just overthinking, maybe. I don't know.

But it's frustrating.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 08:07 AM) *
What good plays did he make last night? I'll give you the 6 yard pass to Matthews?

the seam pass to Austin....all 3 of Austin's balls....there were plenty....Coopers TD was slightly underthrown...slightly....his other long one was in stride.....the comment made by the play by play guy as it happened....to Ertz......the ball Matthews dropped before he got popped.

xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 20 2015, 07:58 PM) *
the seam pass to Austin....all 3 of Austin's balls....there were plenty....Coopers TD was slightly underthrown...slightly....his other long one was in stride.....the comment made by the play by play guy as it happened....to Ertz......the ball Matthews dropped before he got popped.

Coopers td was a good 5 yards underthrown. Not an aweful pass, but not a great one.

I think Austins receptions were all under 10 yards except one, where the pass was behind him and even though he was wide open had to fall down to catch it.

The one to Matthews on the fumble traveled 6 yards in the air.

The pass to Ertz was great. That's two by my count.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 20 2015, 08:04 PM) *
Coopers td was a good 5 yards underthrown. Not an aweful pass, but not a great one.

I think Austins receptions were all under 10 yards except one, where the pass was behind him and even though he was wide open had to fall down to catch it.

The one to Matthews on the fumble traveled 6 yards in the air.

The pass to Ertz was great. That's two by my count.

Ok...now you are being ridiculous.....Cooper's was not that badly underthrown for the TD and the long Cooper catch other than that was well thrown as mentioned by the play by play guy,,,,,,,and the seam pass to Austin was perfectly thrown for 37 yards...what was that? It was a perfect pass.....he never broke stride...the highlight is on NFL.com if you need a reminder..and Austin's other 17 yd catch.....Also...the ball Matthews bobbled and than got clocked,,,,that was a perfectly thrown ball....had he made the catch and turned that impact would have been muted..

you are taking it to the extreme...I grant that Cooper's TD could have been a little deeper but Bradford was not as bad as you portend
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 20 2015, 10:22 PM) *
Ok...now you are being ridiculous.....Cooper's was not that badly underthrown for the TD and the long Cooper catch other than that was well thrown as mentioned by the play by play guy,,,,,,,and the seam pass to Austin was perfectly thrown for 37 yards...what was that? It was a perfect pass.....he never broke stride...the highlight is on NFL.com if you need a reminder..and Austin's other 17 yd catch.....Also...the ball Matthews bobbled and than got clocked,,,,that was a perfectly thrown ball....had he made the catch and turned that impact would have been muted..

you are taking it to the extreme...I grant that Cooper's TD could have been a little deeper but Bradford was not as bad as you portend

I might be making it sound a little too extreme, but Bradford played poorly. OK, not Bobby Hoying bad, but certainly a little worse than Sanchez last year.
xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 21 2015, 11:41 AM) *
I might be making it sound a little too extreme, but Bradford played poorly. OK, not Bobby Hoying bad, but certainly a little worse than Sanchez last year.

And, it's not like I'm the only one saying that. Here's some analysis from BGN.

Cooper was targeted five times and finished with three receptions for 76 yards. He did a great job of tracking the ball and adjusting to Bradford's badly underthrown deep pass on his touchdown reception.

Ertz played the most snaps out of any skill player. He finished the night with 43 yards on four receptions. He could have had a touchdown or two had Bradford been able to actually throw with some accuracy, but that wasn't the case.
Eyrie
I though my memory was playing tricks on me so I just watched the TD pass to Cooper. It was so badly underthrown that he had to come to a virtual halt to catch the ball on the goal line.

The frustrating thing is that there are times when Bradford looks to be a good QB.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 21 2015, 02:27 PM) *
It was so badly underthrown that he had to come to a virtual halt to catch the ball on the goal line.

It was a really poor throw. I'm kind of surprised how many people are making excuses for Bradford at this point.
Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 21 2015, 03:03 PM) *
It was a really poor throw. I'm kind of surprised how many people are making excuses for Bradford at this point.

laugh.gif

It's more valid than continuing to make excuses for Geno Smith.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 21 2015, 03:07 PM) *
laugh.gif

It's more valid than continuing to make excuses for Geno Smith.

Not when you consider that one guy is 24 and has played in 29 games and the other guy is 28 and has played in 55 career games.

Second Year (Age 24)
1-9 Record, 53.5 completion %, 6 TD, 6 INT, 6.1 YPA, 70.5 rating

Second Year (Age 24)
3-10 Record, 59.7 completion %, 13 TD, 13 INT, 6.9 YPA, 77.5 rating

One of those guys is our starting QB. The other is Geno Smith, the worst QB of all time with no hopes of ever getting any better.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 21 2015, 04:18 PM) *
Not when you consider that one guy is 24 and has played in 29 games and the other guy is 28 and has played in 55 career games.

One of those guys is our starting QB. The other is Geno Smith, the worst QB of all time with no hopes of ever getting any better.

LOL

that being said. I think Geno might have fared better w/the Eagles. certainly would now.
Robberson
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Oct 21 2015, 03:39 PM) *
that being said. I think Geno might have fared better w/the Eagles. certainly would now.

I'll certainly agree with that.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Oct 21 2015, 03:39 PM) *
I think Geno might have fared better w/the Eagles. certainly would now.

Of course he would. Imagine having a guy in his 3rd year in the system, no clear statistical throwing limitations, and the athleticism to keep the defense honest in the run game.

Instead, we have a 28 year old with no track record of success, gimpy legs, no running ability, and still making the same poor throws that have resulted in him being one of the worst top draft picks in NFL history.

People (myself included) were bending themselves in knots trying to make excuses for Bradford's tenure in St. Louis. They're still doing the same, despite 6 games of below average play. Simply because he won the Heisman and was the #1 overall pick.

The harsh reality is that his college system was virtually the same as the one that Geno played in.

NFL teams are so worried about a QB busting out that they don't properly weigh the reward if they hit. Chip made the correct call in targeting Bradford this offseason. I wish he had done the same with Geno his first year.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.