Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our D is manhandling NYG o-line
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
I love watching them in Eli's face on almost every play. Keep those hands up boys!
mcnabbulous
This D can win a championship. It's an unbelievable turnaround.

Our offense is holding us back, which isn't something I expected. Hopefully time will cure it l, but I'm losing faith. Bradford just isn't accurate.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 19 2015, 10:32 PM) *

Our offense is holding us back, which isn't something I expected. Hopefully time will cure it l, but I'm losing faith. Bradford just isn't accurate.

I am genuinely surprised by our (continued) offensive woes. Every week I expect it to improve....
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 19 2015, 10:32 PM) *

We still need a corner or two.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 19 2015, 10:02 PM) *
We still need a corner or two.

No we don't. These guys are more than adequate assuming our pass rush shows up.
D Rock
Maxwell: our $65 Million weak link.

He was picked on tonight until Eli's drawers were filled.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 19 2015, 11:31 PM) *
No we don't. These guys are more than adequate assuming our pass rush shows up.

Maybe if Rowe takes Maxwell's spot.

Maxwell is a liability. Not sure about our nickle spot either right now.

Other than that, the defense is solid.
mcnabbulous
No one can cover Julio and OBJ one on one. Of course he was picked on. But ultimately our defense was awesome.

Beckham had 61 yards tonight and Maxwell wasn't in coverage on his TD. He wasn't nearly as bad as is being suggested.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2015, 12:32 AM) *
No one can cover Julio and OBJ one on one. Of course he was picked on. But ultimately our defense was awesome.

Beckham had 61 yards tonight and Maxwell wasn't in coverage on his TD. He wasn't nearly as bad as is being suggested.

Carroll was on him for most of the night after that first drive. They showed a replay reel of Carroll on him and he had him blanketed.
samaroo
I agree. He made 2 really bad plays that stick out to me (that PI was terrible. I mean, just awful.) But other than that, it seemed like 80% of Eli's throws were to RBs crossing at the LOS. Secondary played great overall. And I nominate Malcolm Jenkins for president!
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2015, 04:32 AM) *

LoL - Maxwell didn't cover him 98% of the night. He was getting toasted by a gimpy Ramsees (whatever his name is). That guy is slow when healthy. Maxwell was terrible. Didn't make a single play. Gave up the majority of the plays the Vagiants did make. They clearly game planned to pick on him. It fell apart when the rush got going.

He's dog shit out there. There is no defense of his "defense."
samaroo
Back to the OT...how great was it seeing Barwin just teeing off on the RT! Like 5-6 plays in a row. NY had to see it coming, but nothing to do. The next drive, they started chipping him with a TE, and Eli lost his hot read and ate pressure from the middle! Awesome!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 19 2015, 11:36 PM) *
LoL - Maxwell didn't cover him 98% of the night. He was getting toasted by a gimpy Ramsees (whatever his name is). That guy is slow when healthy. Maxwell was terrible. Didn't make a single play. Gave up the majority of the plays the Vagiants did make. They clearly game planned to pick on him. It fell apart when the rush got going.

He's dog shit out there. There is no defense of his "defense."

Ruben Randle had 5 catches for 44 yards. Beckham had 61 yards.

The main point is that they didn't do shit on offense. Getting a pass rush is literally the only thing that helps corners look decent.

Maxwell isn't great, but he wasn't a liability tonight.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2015, 05:45 AM) *
Ruben Randle had 5 catches for 44 yards. Beckham had 61 yards.

The main point is that they didn't do shit on offense. Getting a pass rush is literally the only thing that helps corners look decent.

Maxwell isn't great, but he wasn't a liability tonight.

Maxwell has been a decent corner since Julio's embarrassment. Not great, but respectable. However, it's fair to say Nolan Carroll has been playing very well, I think. High level, good. Safeties too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.