Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This game's tougher to predict than I thought
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I thought a convincing Eagles win.

Even if we can't run it against their stout run defense, I figure Bradford could make them pay through the air.

It comes down if Bradford and our WR can get the better of their CB's as compared to their Wr's vs our CB's

If Jr plays, than it's not that big of a thing in our favor.

We need a St setup for a TD.

What-if Sports has NYG winning this game 57% of the time.

Eagles are 1-11 in the last 12 at home to the spread vs. teams with better records.

The double revenge in a division game is also a big factor.

I'll ignore all that and say we find a way like we normally do vs. Eli

Eagles 31
NYG 28
Joegrane
If the Giant's WRs are healthy, it is a stretch to think the Eagles D can stop them.

I don't expect them to get good pressure on Manning.

I don't have a feel for how this one will go down.

Like so many other games it might come down to which team takes better care of the ball. That factor can go a long way to explaining why the Falcons handled the Eagles, the Eagles beat up on the Saints, and the Saints beat the Falcons.
JeeQ
Eagles win this game because every member of the Eagles knows that you absolutely cannot go 0-3 in the damn division... I said last week Chip was going to call the game of a life time and he engineered plays that could've put 60+ points on the board. The Giants D isn't much better than the Saints so I'm expecting a similar performance from our birds. Giants are taking the L on this one.. We're not getting swept by our division in our own house
Reality Fan
Not sure why there is much question in your mind on this one....

The Giants are ranked so highly in their run defense because people like to throw on them....

They are ranked 5th in run att against them and 30th in pass atts against them....

My guess is a comfortable win....31-14....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 17 2015, 09:40 PM) *
Not sure why there is much question in your mind on this one....

The Giants are ranked so highly in their run defense because people like to throw on them....

They are ranked 5th in run att against them and 30th in pass atts against them....

My guess is a comfortable win....31-14....

Both our D's are tied for 1st in Yds/Attempt in runs allowed at 3.5

Our D is 9th in passer rating allowed at 85.7
NYG D is 14th in passer rating allowed 91.4

Our O is 25th in rushing YPA at 3.8
NYG is 28th at 3.6 YPA

Our O is 20th in passer rating at 83.7
NYG is 9th in passer rating at 100.2

We net +.7 yds/att vs NYG in the rushing game differential
They net +10.8 passer rating differential versus us in the passing game.

Going in, they don't look like favorable stats. Now if Jr is out, than maybe it's a different story, assuming his loss is a bigger loss than Algholar is for us and maybe their CB injuries tilt the scales. Seems to me, if both are healthy, they have the better stats in this matchup.

I still call and Eagles win as if Kendricks can't play with a hammie three weeks later, no way Jr plays one week later.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 17 2015, 11:48 PM) *
Both our D's are tied for 1st in Yds/Attempt in runs allowed at 3.5

Our D is 9th in passer rating allowed at 85.7
NYG D is 14th in passer rating allowed 91.4

Our O is 25th in rushing YPA at 3.8
NYG is 28th at 3.6 YPA

Our O is 20th in passer rating at 83.7
NYG is 9th in passer rating at 100.2

We net +.7 yds/att vs NYG in the rushing game differential
They net +10.8 passer rating differential versus us in the passing game.

Going in, they don't look like favorable stats. Now if Jr is out, than maybe it's a different story, assuming his loss is a bigger loss than Algholar is for us and maybe their CB injuries tilt the scales. Seems to me, if both are healthy, they have the better stats in this matchup.

I still call and Eagles win as if Kendricks can't play with a hammie three weeks later, no way Jr plays one week later.

yeah...ummm....I would not care if their entire roster was healthy....

They should already be comfortable in this offense.....their QB is a long time veteran playing with the same guys from last year........we are growing into functioning unit with new pieces....the injuries just make it more lopsided than it should be...the Giants have no real pass rushers......that will hurt them Monday
xsv
I think we'll win a close game cause we need it more,, but I'm worried.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 18 2015, 12:31 AM) *
yeah...ummm....I would not care if their entire roster was healthy....

They should already be comfortable in this offense.....their QB is a long time veteran playing with the same guys from last year........we are growing into functioning unit with new pieces....the injuries just make it more lopsided than it should be...the Giants have no real pass rushers......that will hurt them Monday

JeeQ
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 17 2015, 11:00 PM) *
I think we'll win a close game cause we need it more,, but I'm worried.

After losing to a Romo/Dez-less Cowboys team, and a DeSean Jackson-less Redskins team, every game is deserving of worry... even an ODB-less Giants team

But like you said, we'll win because we HAVE to
D Rock
It all depends on which version of our Jeckle-n-Hyde O-Line shows up.
Robberson
I'm taking the over, that's all.
SAM I Am
It's a division game against a hated rival.

That said, one of the two teams --- flip a coin --- wins by a field goal most likely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.