Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What has Graham done?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I was OK with signing him this year. They needed an OLB who could rush the passer and his part-time duties last year seemed to show that he could do that. He's been OK against the run, but what's he done to QBs? 5 games,15 tackles, 1 sack, 4 hurries, 0 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble. That's not the pressure I was hoping for, especially when he said he wanted 32 sacks. I know, that was unrealistic but he's on target for fewer sacks than last year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3-4 relies on pressure from the OLB rushing from the QBs blind side ... Graham. He's doing all pro job talking.

Somebody straighten me out here.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 17 2015, 08:46 AM) *
I was OK with signing him this year. They needed an OLB who could rush the passer and his part-time duties last year seemed to show that he could do that. He's been OK against the run, but what's he done to QBs? 5 games,15 tackles, 1 sack, 4 hurries, 0 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble. That's not the pressure I was hoping for, especially when he said he wanted 32 sacks. I know, that was unrealistic but he's on target for fewer sacks than last year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3-4 relies on pressure from the OLB rushing from the QBs blind side ... Graham. He's doing all pro job talking.

Somebody straighten me out here.

I agree that he's been a no show.

Is Cole doing anything? I haven't heard anything about him.
samaroo
I've read several times in several places that the O's we've faced so far limit the pressure you can get from the edge due to a quick passing attack. Which dovetails nicely with the numbers the interior DL have put up.

Does Graham suck? I don't think so. Do you think Barwin sucks? Here's his numbers this year: 15 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 pass defensed.

Maybe the world isn't on fire.
Joegrane
I think those stats suggest that the back end of the D has improved. They have been making tackles after giving up a completion. They have not been leaving many receivers wide open.

If they were not tackling better, they'd be giving up more points.

I suppose Davis has not had to blitz as much this year because he could rely on his coverage to do a decent job.

This is not an above average D but it is improving.
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 17 2015, 08:49 PM) *
I've read several times in several places that the O's we've faced so far limit the pressure you can get from the edge due to a quick passing attack. Which dovetails nicely with the numbers the interior DL have put up.

Does Graham suck? I don't think so. Do you think Barwin sucks? Here's his numbers this year: 15 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 pass defensed.

Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 18 2015, 01:20 AM) *
I agree that he's been a no show.

Is Cole doing anything? I haven't heard anything about him.

Not seen any Colts games but it was mentioned on here that Cole wasn't making plays for them which is borne out by his stats on NFL.com.

If he'd had another year left on his deal with us then it would have been worthwhile holding onto him, but letting him go was the right decision. However we need Graham to justify his extension or we'll be looking for two OLBs next year to join Barwin.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 17 2015, 08:49 PM) *

I read the same article which does explain a lot. I was looking at hurries. I get that sacks are the product of several different things, but pressure on the QB is almost as good. That's why I tried to find those stats. I looked here and found that Barwin has 6 to Graham's 4 ranking 24 and 59 respectively. Again, I thought that the OLB on the QBs blind side was supposed to be more of the pressure guy.

I never said he sucks, but since OTA's he's been doing a lot of talking. I've always liked the guy but I also think if you're going to talk then you should be producing. Do you think he's doing what you'd want that position to be doing?

The world is on fire, but that has nothing to do with football and that's all I'm talking about.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 18 2015, 06:06 AM) *
I read the same article which does explain a lot. I was looking at hurries. I get that sacks are the product of several different things, but pressure on the QB is almost as good. That's why I tried to find those stats. I looked here and found that Barwin has 6 to Graham's 4 ranking 24 and 59 respectively. Again, I thought that the OLB on the QBs blind side was supposed to be more of the pressure guy.

I never said he sucks, but since OTA's he's been doing a lot of talking. I've always liked the guy but I also think if you're going to talk then you should be producing. Do you think he's doing what you'd want that position to be doing?

The world is on fire, but that has nothing to do with football and that's all I'm talking about.

I have heard a lot about Eli "getting it out" third quickest in the league at 2.1 seconds. I would think that press man defense would prevent that. Also so would jumping some routes with OLB's DE's, S's. I'd much rather defend against a guy who is afraid to keep it more than 2 seconds and always wants the quick slant than the guy who guts it out and chucks it downfield.

I expect our D to come ready to make Eli look like Eli.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 18 2015, 09:10 AM) *
I expect our D to come ready to make Eli look like Eli.

A 2 time SB MVP?
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 18 2015, 05:02 PM) *
A 2 time SB MVP?

No. A hick with resting-retard-face.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 18 2015, 08:06 PM) *

Yes, I want Graham to produce, whether he signed an extension or not. He's wearing midnight green, after all! biggrin.gif

But we can all agree that Barwin is very good. He has 6 hurries. Graham is 2 behind, and also seems to be asked to drop in coverage more than Barwin (to my eyes, but I could be wrong.) I think he's done fine, and is doing fine. The team has 11 sacks, 7 of which have come from the interior of the D. Like I said, I've read several things about our D asserting pressure up the middle due to the fact that we've been facing quick passing attacks. The stats I found (here) show us as having 18 QB hurries total, which means that even though Non-Human-Man-Beast Cox leads the team with 4 sacks, pressure is still being applied from the outside (10 of 18 hurries.) I think when we face more "regular" passing teams, the stats will even out. I don't expect Graham to make the Pro Bowl or anything, but I think he'll put up decent, satisfying numbers. 32 sacks seems a little much, but I don't see why he can't get close to double digits.
Zero
Give the dude his due, he played a good game last night. 1/2 sack may not make headlines, but he had pressure and did a really solid job on the run.
samaroo
Yep, him and Barwin both played lights out. And Graham played extremely well against the run, something he wasn't supposed to be really good at. That 4th down stop was awesome!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.