Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy Reid industrial average
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
J_Cuz
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=23

it looks like a loss to san Diego puts this guy below thirty.

devil03.gif
swamistubbs
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 12 2005, 12:29 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=23

it looks like a loss to san Diego puts this guy below thirty.

devil03.gif

Wow, good find.
You've now proven that the fans are happier with the coach when he's winning than they are when he's losing.

J_Cuz
Losing?

I'm glad that makes you happy, you then wouild be considered a Cowboys fan if you enjoy 33-10 beatings at their hands.

You are clearly the type of fan that Andy Reid has built his legacy upon.

ac6.gif
Sandor
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 13 2005, 01:04 PM)

Legacy of:
10-2 vs Skins
10-3 vs Cowboys (after Sunday)
8-5 vs Giants

Complain about Andy being the Gnat's bitch; not the lone star circus.
J_Cuz
How's Tressell doing?

Still pissed about that Chamopionship he won. wink.gif
Sandor
You might want to double check to see where I said I wanted him gone. blah.gif
Of course, if he gets the Bucks back on probation, all bets are off.
JDEagles
All i care about is the fact that the bucks got their asses beat by a still underrated PSU D...I hope they beat MSU though, I want the Big 10 race to slow down a bit...
J_Cuz
If Penn State Wins Tomorrow it sets them up for the BCS.

Although Texas is clearly the better team, if Penn State can boast defeats of Michigan and Ohio State their BCS rating will skyrocket. In fact, if they defeat Michigan and only lose one game they will play in a BCS Bowl game.

Last week was big for Penn State but this is the game that will define them.

Road games at illinois and Michigan State and home games against Wisconsin and Purdue follow this. A victory here and you're clearly starting to see if this team can hit eleven wins.

Great defense and a dangerous offense makes Penn State the long shot approaching the pack three wide with a head of steam. All they have to do is win in the Big House; easier said than done but this makes Penn State October's surprise must see TV programming.

swamistubbs
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 13 2005, 01:04 PM)
Losing?

I'm glad that makes you happy, you then wouild be considered a Cowboys fan if you enjoy 33-10 beatings at their hands.

ac6.gif

Hey, it's a good thing you used logic and reason in that post.

My point was this: no shit his ESPN approval rating is down immediately after a division loss. It's predictable and means nothing. What a god damn surprise that fans are less happy with him after a divisional loss than they are after a win. The data you've unearthed means nothing besides what we already know: when things are good, the fans are happy, and when things are bad, the fans aren't happy.

In no way did I say that I"m happy about a 33-10 loss to the Cowboys in my post. Review it, read it, love it. It's not there. All I did was point out the fact that this poll is both predictable and worthless.

But seriously, good job finding that data. The fans aren't as happy after a loss as they are after a win???? I can't believe it.
J_Cuz
Thank you for being the pillar of logic here.

Not a day goes by that I don't consider myself lucky to visit a board that a brilliant and so fugging LOGICAL mind from the University of Iowa Writers Workshop chooses to post at.

I've really learned alot about the Eagles from you and I'm a better person for it.

The logic you engross me with really puts my view of this team into perspective.

Seriously tho' are you fugging kidding me????

Get a perspective and an angle then talk to me about logic. 'Cause sitting here talking like this team has already won a bowl and Andy's turds smell like a rosegarden after a 23 point whippin' just makes you look like a child.

well if the shirt fits right?

Bocadelphia Eagles John
cuz ...

ya gotta get a grip .. .cause you're reading way too much into what others are writing ... the whole eagles nation knows we got pummeled, and nobody is happy about it .. and some are very pizzed , me included ... but most people aren't jumping off the bridge either ... not just yet ... there is a lot of football to play, and there is time to put some things back together ...

Do not, for one second, think that the team of Andy, Harbaugh, and JJ will just sit on their hands and shake their heads about it ... they're going to make every effort to fix their part, and then there's the players .. do you really think they are happy about their performance last week? You can bet they're going to have something to do about things ....

People are throwing trends, stats, logic, argument, ideas, concepts at you and yet you still want to be angry at the team and almost seem like you want to hold a gurdge against US .. for it ...

the fans are saying, we got a better team than was on display last week, and there is time to fix stuff, and we got some challenges too, not least of which is the physical limitations for Donovan, and other stuff like where's our running game ..

but .... it's just way to early to jump off the bridge and you're beaten a very dead horse into a second death which is .. a little overboard ....

Sit back, chill, enjoy PSU or ND this w/end, or beisbol if that's your bag .. and wait for things in Eagles land to play out ...

Ya don't wanna come across looking like a fool, do you? Because, what happens if they do turn things around and get back to the dance. Whatcha gonna do then? What role you gonna play then? Ya can't go down one road after one game, and then suddenly reverse it if things improve.

So avoid painting yourself into a corner. And don't take it out on other fans fer pete's sake ..

ya know?

Chill.

go eagles. please.

swamistubbs
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 14 2005, 11:57 AM)
Thank you for being the pillar of logic here.

Not a day goes by that I don't consider myself lucky to visit a board that a brilliant and so fugging LOGICAL  mind from  the University of Iowa Writers Workshop chooses to post at.

I've really learned alot about the Eagles from you and I'm a better person for it. 

The logic you engross me with really puts my view of this team into perspective. 

Seriously tho' are you fugging kidding me????

Get a perspective and an angle then talk to me about logic.  'Cause sitting here talking like this team has already won a bowl and Andy's turds smell like a rosegarden after a 23 point whippin' just makes you look like a child.

well if the shirt fits right?

This post reminds me of AI's rant about practice.

Logic? We talkin about logic?

... and so on.

Also, as far as mentioning the workshop in what seems to be a condescending tone-- go right ahead. Our reputation speaks for itself, and our track record is strong enough that I don't need to defend myself to you.

Anyway, when you get a chance, I'd like for you to explain to me exactly how to "get a perspective." Seems to me that I have one, by definition, as we're arguing about our different perspectives regarding Andy and pointless ESPN polls, among other things. When you say to get a perspective, do you actually mean that I should get your perspective? No thanks.

Oh, i found an angle too, thanks to your suggestion. My angle: the eagles sucked on Sunday, but their track record gives me faith that they'll turn it around, and that there's no reason to completely freak out. I don't see what's so untenable about that idea...
J_Cuz
When I tell you to get an angle I am saying to you that parading around, jumping on all my posts, and attacking all of my point,s while you have essentially made none outside of some bizarre disdain for coaches who win National Championships (you do get a trophy and a ring for that you know), means you have NO ANGLE.

You are welcome to provide facts or even opinions for WHY you believe Andy Reid's current coaching strategy is going to win us a Championship.

I have stated over and over agains why it is flawed and must be modified and I even SUGGESTED a possible alternative WHEN ASKED, but all you've done is attack me personally, coming here daily to seek me out with nothing but a mildly amusing writing style and some sophmoric rhetorical exercises. No ammo, no juice, no perspective, no refernces, no points, no opinions. In a word, blubber.

I may be a raving lunatic in the eyes of the folks here. But I create angles, I develop my ideas, I provide links that support my sentiment, and no matter how much you hate on the facts I supply to support my opinion-- the opinion you espouse is as empty as the social security fund.

So if your gonna come here lookin for me, AK in hand, at least load it with a fucking magazine.

We Clear?

cool.gif
Eyrie
Let's all calm down and take a step back please.

Returning to the original post, I just looked again at the graph. Reid's previous ratings were 73% (loss to Falcons), 92%, 89% and 91%. Whilst it's impossible to say until after we've played the next couple of games, the 45% looks to be a rogue result based on our disappointment at losing to the loathsome Cowboys.
Zero
Ain't it grand what a loss to the 'Pukes can do to Eagle fans? I remember when the Eagles whupped up on them in '79 and they did there best immations of the Eloi filing off to supper with the Morlocks. Now there's passion for ya. wink.gif
swamistubbs
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 15 2005, 01:38 AM)
When I tell you to get an angle I am saying to you that parading around, jumping on all my posts, and attacking all of my point,s while you have essentially made none outside of some bizarre disdain for coaches who win National Championships (you do get a trophy and a ring for that you know), means you have NO ANGLE.

You are welcome to provide facts or even opinions for WHY you believe Andy Reid's current coaching strategy is going to win us a Championship.

I have stated over and over agains why it is flawed and must be modified and I even SUGGESTED a possible alternative WHEN ASKED, but all you've done is attack me personally, coming here daily to seek me out with nothing but a mildly amusing writing style and some sophmoric rhetorical exercises.  No ammo, no juice, no perspective, no refernces, no points, no opinions.  In a word, blubber.

I may be a raving lunatic in the eyes of the folks here.  But I create angles, I develop my ideas, I provide links that support my sentiment, and no matter how much you hate on the facts I supply to support my opinion-- the opinion you espouse is as empty as the social security fund.

So if your gonna come here lookin for me, AK in hand, at least load it with a fucking magazine.

We Clear?

cool.gif

The only thing that's clear is that it's pointless to debate with you, because your goal in a discussion seems to be to win, rather than to actually discuss. I'm glad I know now, so neither of us wastes more of our team ramming our heads against a wall.

If you can't find angles, opinions, perspectives, etc. in my posts, you're either not looking or don't know the definitions of the words.

Oh, and as far as you sneering at my "using rhetorical exercises," here are dictionary.com's top two definitions for the word Rhetoric: "using language effectively to please or persuade," and " Skill in using language effectively and persuasively."

Seems to me that using rhetorical exercises is crucial to engaging in a debate.

Either that, or typing words in all caps. Both are good.

Moving on...
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (swamistubbs @ Oct 15 2005, 11:31 AM)
Moving on...

well at least I'M happy now .

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif

Time to turn my attention to PSU and ND and Wisconsin and MSU and a whole heck of a lot of good football to enjoy on the cloudy, rainy, cool day in South Florida !!!

go eagles. please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.