Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to Boykin?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The dude went from being a playmaker to riding the bench for the Steelers? That team is normally pretty solid in the personnel department and they gave us a 5th for a player who has played 12 snaps on defense? WTF? Chip the GM has no clue! wink.gif
Eyrie
I wasn't that bothered about him going, but it's disappointing that he's not getting any game time as we could have been upgraded to a fourth for him.
Birdman420
I actually thought that boykin was great at covering the slot. Would have liked him to stay for what we got for him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Oct 15 2015, 06:08 PM) *
I actually thought that boykin was great at covering the slot. Would have liked him to stay for what we got for him.

apparently his regression has continued......or maybe Tomlin and Kelly are colluding to make Boykin look bad.....hahahahaha
nephillymike
Maybe they put height and wingspan requirements in in PIT also??

He must have lost it. Maybe they saw something this year in training camp. He graded out 21st best CB last year.

I'm surprised he couldn't crack that CB trio, or maybe they had some budding stars there in waiting but that wasn't supposed to be the case.

Even if they were sitting him a bit so the pick wouldn't improve to a 4th, he would have played more than he has by now.

I'm just glad we covered ourselves with the covering trio of Biggars, Rowe, and Maragos.

We're good.
Reality Fan
In all honesty....I thought he would start in Pit because they have lousy corners.....so did the beat writers out there and the fans.......

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 15 2015, 08:51 PM) *
In all honesty....I thought he would start in Pit because they have lousy corners.....so did the beat writers out there and the fans.......

Me too. I thoght he would play often and play well.

FWIW, I hear that PIT DB's are playing well.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 15 2015, 09:56 PM) *
Me too. I thoght he would play often and play well.

FWIW, I hear that PIT DB's are playing well.

Their pass defense ranks as follows:

ATT - 23
YDS - 20
TDS - 22

So no.....not really....Boykin has just really struggled
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.