Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting take on Murray's struggles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I think all the talk about the difference between running out of the I-formation vs. the shotgun is absolutely valid. Yes, I’m referring to DeMarco Murray. This offseason, one offensive coach told me to expect a slow start from Murray in Philadelphia, because it usually takes about half a season for running backs to adjust to the change. Every back is different, but many say running out of the I-formation is easier, because you have better field vision when you’re lined up seven yards deep. It’s harder to make the transition from running out of the I formation to the shotgun runs prevalent in Chip Kelly’s system rather than vice versa. When Murray talked about the transition this summer, he said he was still feeling out how to make his reads, explaining, “Sometimes you’ve got to know when to hit it, and sometimes you’ve got to know when to slow down.” Per Eagles beat reporters, Kelly incorporated more runs from under centre in Sunday’s win over the Saints, which was Murray’s best rushing performance by far this season (83 yards on 20 carries).
Here ...

I thought that Murray and Bradford ran a similar offense in OK. Any substance to this?
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 14 2015, 06:56 AM) *
Here ...

I thought that Murray and Bradford ran a similar offense in OK. Any substance to this?

Here's another one...

Six of Ryan Mathews' 8 carries came out of 2TE sets (6-29-1). Just 4 of DeMarco Murray's 20 carries did (4-15-1). All 4 were in second half.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.