Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo, Dreagan ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Zero
How are you feeling about the possibility of Cassel starting? I realize Weeden isn't HOF material, but I'd think the playbook is going to be pretty limited with Cassel.
Dreagon
Tentatively hopeful. The problem is our playbook was already effectively limited since Weeden kept checking down and throwing the same underneath ball time and again. I understand he was being careful, but it ended up allowing defenses to crowd up and stifle things.

My main hope with Cassel is that he is going to start against the Giants without them having any tape on him and how he behaves in our system. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't decide to start that running back we picked up from Seattle at the same time. That's going to be a crucial game for us, and I'm hoping Jerry and Garrett have the sense to throw every tactic and the kitchen sink at that one. We are officially on life support, and trying not to completely implode our season before Romo and Bryant get back.

Edit: One other hope...while Weeden has the stronger arm and more experience in our system, he seemed to not have much confidence when it came to reading defenses. I'm hoping Cassel will at least surpass him in that regard.

The unspoken aspect of this whole deal is how it goes to show that Romo's ability to read defenses and quickly audible changes was a big part of the success of our offense. I get amazed at Dallas fans who think Romo sucks but never stop to consider how things tend to go to hell when he isn't playing. I just hope Jerry is clued in on this and starts looking in the draft for successors to groom. Romo is 35 now, and bones and ligaments don't bend and stretch the way they used to at that age.
D Rock
Screw Romo - I hope his arm falls off.

The level of my disdain for that hick, should serve to show how good he is. I couldn't care less about Weeden (or Cassel).
mcnabbulous
Tony Romo is a great QB. The fact that the majority of his career was wasted with incompetent roster management and coaching is a blessing to all other NFCE teams.

At some point really soon, Cowboys fans will face a harsh reality regarding what it's like to deal with the QB mediocrity that most of the league experiences yearly. They'll be, at best, a .500 team for the foreseeable future.

We've been dealing with it since the latter stages of Donovan's tenure, but have been fortunate to get above average coaching which has led to a handful of respectable seasons. Most teams aren't so lucky.

Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 11:21 AM) *
At some point really soon, Cowboys fans will face a harsh reality regarding what it's like to deal with the QB mediocrity that most of the league experiences yearly. They'll be, at best, a .500 team for the foreseeable future.

I file that one under "How quickly they forget".
A lot of Cowboy fans act like the years between Aikman and Romo simply didn't happen. I fear you may be correct about what's coming. At Romo's age, having backups like Brandon Weeden, and free agent rookies on the practice squad does't strike me as a strong effort to be ready for the inevitable.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 14 2015, 11:53 AM) *
I file that one under "How quickly they forget".
A lot of Cowboy fans act like the years between Aikman and Romo simply didn't happen. I fear you may be correct about what's coming. At Romo's age, having backups like Brandon Weeden, and free agent rookies on the practice squad does't strike me as a strong effort to be ready for the inevitable.

I'm struggling to think of any team that has gone from one great to another other than the Colts.

The Steelers are one of the few that, like us, have stayed above the fray without elite QB play prior to Roethlisberger. But even they had several lean years.

The 'Boys got lucky as hell with Romo, otherwise this past decade would have been an absolute disaster. The fact that they have only managed a handful of good seasons and only two playoff wins is a testament to the trainwreck that is their organization.

Unless they get lucky again (which is statistically unlikely), they're going to regress to the mean as it relates to QB play. And there is nothing about their organization that suggests that they're equipped to excel without it.

Edit: The Packers were another example of a lucky transition.
D Rock
Montana to Young wasn't too bad either...
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2015, 06:10 PM) *

Favre to Rogers is a good one.

Edit: I just saw McNabbulous added this one.
CT_Eagle
What about Jaworski to Cunningham?
Dreagon
Drew Bledsoe to Tom Brady was alright.

(Bledsoe was actually pretty good for the eight years he played for the Pats before Brady took over.)
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2015, 01:10 PM) *

Yeah, I thought of that one after and was just too lazy to go back in and edit again.

Bottom line, it doesn't happen very often. And when it does happen, it's usually the product of luck...

Manning being out for the season, Rodgers falling so far in the draft...

Steve Young playing for the trainwreck Bucs and Bill Walsh being genius enough to acknowledge that. That's actually a good case study for what Chip was likely trying to pull off with Bradford.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 14 2015, 02:30 PM) *
Drew Bledsoe to Tom Brady was alright.

(Bledsoe was actually pretty good for the eight years he played for the Pats before Brady took over.)

Yep. Another example of the pure luck. Who would have expected an unheralded 6th rounder to become a top-3 QB (possibly the best) of our generation. Even in their wildest dreams, the Patriots couldn't have anticipated this.

Belichick would likely be a DC somewhere had it not been the case.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 02:33 PM) *
Bottom line, it doesn't happen very often. And when it does happen, it's usually the product of luck...

Yep. And even those shiny first rounders the draft boards gush over are no guarantee. Although I think they throw them out there too fast these days, especially considering how many weren't playing a pro style offense in college.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 02:34 PM) *
Yep. Another example of the pure luck. Who would have expected an unheralded 6th rounder to become a top-3 QB (possibly the best) of our generation. Even in their wildest dreams, the Patriots couldn't have anticipated this.

Belichick would likely be a DC somewhere had it not been the case.

Yeah, I'm gonna be real curious to see if Belichik is the same genius once Tom Brady isn't under centre anymore.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 14 2015, 02:41 PM) *
Yeah, I'm gonna be real curious to see if Belichik is the same genius once Tom Brady isn't under centre anymore.

Yeah, he won't be. Just take a look at his pre-Brady record. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up around the same time.

Everyone points to how he won 10 games with Matt Cassel, without acknowledging that it was 5 less than the previous season (that's how good that team was) and Cassel also won 10 games under Todd Haley.

Belichick is a very good coach. But his genius is way overstated.

Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 03:55 PM) *
Yeah, he won't be. Just take a look at his pre-Brady record. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up around the same time.

Everyone points to how he won 10 games with Matt Cassel, without acknowledging that it was 5 less than the previous season (that's how good that team was) and Cassel also won 10 games under Todd Haley.

Belichick is a very good coach. But his genius is way overstated.

For the record, I can't stand his smug cheating ass. By hook or crook, Belichick finds a way to win. IMO he still doesn't get enough credit and his genius is understated. He is the (main) reason why one can argue that scheme can trump talent. The early years when Brady was still a game manager, Beli-cheat coached his ass off. On the rare occasion when he couldn't out scheme the opposing coach, he was fortunate to have an all-time great QB to lean on.

Will he have the same success after Brady retires? Probably not. However, that has less to do with his coaching accumen than it does with the time catching up with him. It's not often that you are able to switch from a top tier QB (Bledsoe) to a late round no-name QB (Brady) and achieve greater success. It's even more rare to maintain the highest levels of success while your QB of the future is developing into a future HOF player.
Reality Fan
Brees to Rivers......not a terrible progression for the Chargers...

They have not had the SB success but that is for reasons other than there offense
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 14 2015, 03:49 PM) *
Looking at his pre-Brady record to draw a comparison is short sighted.

Why? That included 18 games with the Patriots, where he was 5-13.

His next 18 games (post-Brady) they went 14-4, including a SB run and three playoff wins. He had one playoff win in his six previous years as a HC.

That's more than a coincidence.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 14 2015, 03:52 PM) *
Brees to Rivers......not a terrible progression for the Chargers...

They have not had the SB success but that is for reasons other than there offense

They were only really in a position for Rivers because the Brees era had been a bust to that point.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 04:56 PM) *
Why? That included 18 games with the Patriots, where he was 5-13.

You fail to mention that those numbers include his rookie season as HC for the Patriots. A losing record for year one is generally the norm. While he inherited a good QB, in Bledsoe, that wasn't his passer and the relationship wasn't meant to last.

His next 18 games (post-Brady) they went 14-4, including a SB run and three playoff wins. He had one playoff win in his six previous years as a HC.

That includes 5 seasons with the Cleveland Browns, who (by the way) have 3 winning seasons in the last quarter of a century. Their problems go well beyond coaching.

As for his record with the Patriots, he hasn't had a losing season since his first year. That's with/without Brady.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 14 2015, 04:20 PM) *
As for his record with the Patriots, he hasn't had a losing season his first year. That's with/without Brady.

Mike McCarthy only has one losing season and he's a really average coach. I can give you a hint why, but I suspect you can figure it out.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 04:57 PM) *
They were only really in a position for Rivers because the Brees era had been a bust to that point.

ummmm...after they drafted Rivers Brees went 12-4 and made the pro bowl for the Chargers......he had a tough 2003....other than that he was pretty good...so good that San Diego offered him a 5 year $50 million dollar offer even though they had Rivers...granted it was heavily incentive laced but the offer was made nonetheless....He was a pro bowler in 2004 and first alternate in 2005...it was hardly a bust....New Orleans won the bidding war because the took the medical risk of guaranteeing more money

you can't rewrite history

Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 06:21 PM) *
Mike McCarthy only has one losing season and he's a really average coach. I can give you a hint why, but I suspect you can figure it out.

Sorry to rain on your parade but an average coach doesn't (consistently) win that many games.
Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 14 2015, 06:21 PM) *

Umm, because he's actually a really good coach? So you're a Chip fanboy, you think baseball players should hold hands on the basepaths, and Super Bowl winning coaches who head dynasties are average...

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 14 2015, 05:50 PM) *
ummmm...after they drafted Rivers Brees went 12-4 and made the pro bowl for the Chargers......he had a tough 2003....other than that he was pretty good...so good that San Diego offered him a 5 year $50 million dollar offer even though they had Rivers...granted it was heavily incentive laced but the offer was made nonetheless....He was a pro bowler in 2004 and first alternate in 2005...it was hardly a bust....New Orleans won the bidding war because the took the medical risk of guaranteeing more money

you can't rewrite history

Ummm they drafted Rivers at the top of the draft. Then Brees put it all together. Most teams with great QBs aren't so fortunate.

It was an anomaly of a situation.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 14 2015, 05:55 PM) *
Sorry to rain on your parade but an average coach doesn't (consistently) win that many games.

George Seifert was an average coach.

In the one extended stretch without Rodgers, McCarthy went 2-5-1.

He was an average OC. Now he's an average head coach. He just happened to fall ass backwards into one of the greatest QBs of all time.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 14 2015, 11:55 PM) *

He does with a great QB....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 15 2015, 10:16 AM) *
He does with a great QB....

It does surprise me how lost on so many people this concept is.

Mike McCarthy was the OC in SF when they drafted Alex Smith. Meaning he likely had some sort of input as it relates to drafting Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.

They were the 30th highest scoring team in football. Granted, they had a terrible QB situation, but they were all responsible.

He left the next year for the Green Bay head coaching job where he inherited Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Talk about dumb fucking luck.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2015, 11:47 AM) *
It does surprise me how lost on so many people this concept is.

Mike McCarthy was the OC in SF when they drafted Alex Smith. Meaning he likely had some sort of input as it relates to drafting Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.

They were the 30th highest scoring team in football. Granted, they had a terrible QB situation, but they were all responsible.

He left the next year for the Green Bay head coaching job where he inherited Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Talk about dumb fucking luck.

So you are saying that he got the Green Bay job by luck and not merit?

you are one of a kind......at what age did you decide you were a football god?....lol

For the record....Mike Nolan...not Mike McCarthy decided to draft Alex Smith......Nolan thought Rodgers was cocky and would not be able to coexist with Nolan's way of thinking/coaching......McCarthy had no input....especially since it was his first year as OC in San Fran......

As for his job as OC in San Fran....you leave out that besides his being forced to use a rookie QB the offense was decimated by injury....Gore was playing hurt for a good portion of the season...they used 4 QBs......

You also leave out...in your quest to attribute luck to his success....that the Packers team that he inherited with Brett Favre was 4-12 the previous year with Favre playing all 16 games..he led them to 8-8 his first year

You don't have to like the guy but you should respect his accomplishments.....great QBs do not insure success....ask Marino...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 15 2015, 11:08 AM) *
So you are saying that he got the Green Bay job by luck and not merit?

I said he got Favre, then Rodgers by luck. He obviously interviewed well, but his performance as an OC was nothing special.

you are one of a kind......at what age did you decide you were a football god?....lol

What the hell does any of this have to do with being a football god? I have an opinion on Mike McCarthy. You have a different opinion.

For the record....Mike Nolan...not Mike McCarthy decided to draft Alex Smith......Nolan thought Rodgers was cocky and would not be able to coexist with Nolan's way of thinking/coaching......McCarthy had no input....especially since it was his first year as OC in San Fran......

It was Nolan's first year in SF too. You think he didn't get input from his hand selected offensive coordinator when determining which QB to draft #1 overall? [whistles]

As for his job as OC in San Fran....you leave out that besides his being forced to use a rookie QB the offense was decimated by injury....Gore was playing hurt for a good portion of the season...they used 4 QBs......

Lots of coaches have been handed rookie QB's. Few have performed as poorly as Alex Smith.

You also leave out...in your quest to attribute luck to his success....that the Packers team that he inherited with Brett Favre was 4-12 the previous year with Favre playing all 16 games..he led them to 8-8 his first year

So Mike McCarthy gets the benefit of the doubt with regards to injuries, but no one else does? That Packers team was 10-6 in 2004, then fell off a cliff in 2005 (The Packers suffered injuries to wide receivers Javon Walker and Robert Ferguson and running backs Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Tony Fisher, and Samkon Gado). It's not like they were perennial losers.

You don't have to like the guy but you should respect his accomplishments.....great QBs do not insure success....ask Marino...

I don't think there is anything special about him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2015, 12:33 PM) *
I said he got Favre, then Rodgers by luck. He obviously interviewed well, but his performance as an OC was nothing special.

as an OC in New Orleans he made Aaron Brooks's offense look good.....over 4 years

It was Nolan's first year in SF too. You think he didn't get input from his hand selected offensive coordinator when determining which QB to draft #1 overall? [whistles]

It was well documented that Nolan was deadset against drafting Rodgers because of his perceived attitude......another reason he dropped to 24th

Lots of coaches have been handed rookie QB's. Few have performed as poorly as Alex Smith.

Really? so he is handed a QB he had no say in and Ken Dorsey and Tim Rattay and gets an offensive line that gets decimated and he could not make it elite?....go figure

So Mike McCarthy gets the benefit of the doubt with regards to injuries, but no one else does? That Packers team was 10-6 in 2004, then fell off a cliff in 2005 (The Packers suffered injuries to wide receivers Javon Walker and Robert Ferguson and running backs Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Tony Fisher, and Samkon Gado). It's not like they were perennial losers.

Yes they lost Walker....but still had Driver...Tony Fisher? Seriously?....he still played 14 games and was never, ever a NFL player....he did not rush for 1000 yards for his career.....a real loss..neither did Gado....I mean....their entire career....in total...they are just guys...Davenport?.....had 70 carries the previous year...a real staple of their offense...Green was a loss but it comes back to your stud QB theory.......and Ferguson? He still played 11 games....

I don't think there is anything special about him.

and yet the Packers look like geniuses for bringing him in and extending him and paying him a ton of money and he will likely end up in the HOF...

But what do they know.....
mcnabbulous
2013 GB Packers:

6-2 with Aaron Rodgers
2-5-1 without Aaaron Rodgers

I don't really feel like debating this opinion with you anymore.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2015, 03:27 PM) *
2013 GB Packers:

6-2 with Aaron Rodgers
2-5-1 without Aaaron Rodgers

The fact that he didn't maintain the same level of success with his backup QB isn't an indication of his quality as a HC. There aren't many HC's who could maintain a level of excellence with their backup QB. That doesn't mean he isn't a very good HC. It takes a special coach to be able to do that.

Back to the subject at hand, the fact that Belichick was able to do provide the same type of output with a backup QB is an indication of his quality as HC.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 15 2015, 02:40 PM) *
The fact that he didn't maintain the same level of success with his backup QB isn't an indication of his quality as a HC. There aren't many HC's who could maintain a level of excellence with their backup QB. That doesn't mean he isn't a very good HC. It takes a special coach to be able to do that.

Back to the subject at hand, the fact that Belichick was able to do provide the same type of output with a backup QB is an indication of his quality as HC.

That's more or less my point. Belichick is a good coach. Although his genius is overstated. McCarthy is nothing special.

Belichick's output wasn't quite the same, but still impressive. Going from 16-0 to 11-5 is a pretty steep decline. Belichick is a good coach. But he got lucky to find Brady in the 6th round.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2015, 03:45 PM) *
That's more or less my point. Belichick is a good coach. Although his genius is overstated. McCarthy is nothing special.

Belichick's output wasn't quite the same, but still impressive. Going from 16-0 to 11-5 is a pretty steep decline. Belichick is a good coach. But he got lucky to find Brady in the 6th round.

Undeniably, there was a great deal of luck involved. However, the Brady we know today may never have come to fruition had Belichick not been able to coach him up and bring him along.

Chicken or the egg.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 15 2015, 03:20 PM) *
Undeniably, there was a great deal of luck involved. However, the Brady we know today may never have come to fruition had Belichick not been able to coach him up and bring him along.

Chicken or the egg.

Well, Belichick isn't known as an offensive coach, so I am not quite sure where the credit would go for that.

Charlie Weis got much of that credit. We see what happened to his genius after Touchdown Tommy was no longer his main dude.

I think the main point, which started this whole mess...is that the Cowboys are going to be fucked when Romo is gone. And I can't fucking wait.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 15 2015, 03:40 PM) *

So who, in your opinion, is actually a great coach?

You have identified the most successful coach in the last 15 years as a "good" coach....you have identified a coach with one of the highest winning % in the last 10 years as an average coach.

who in your opinion is a great coach?....is Tom Coughlin? Jim Harbaugh? Mike Tomlin?

I mean....they all won with franchise QBs.....does that mean they are not great coaches?

at some point you have to realize how silly you sound.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 15 2015, 05:38 PM) *
So who, in your opinion, is actually a great coach?

You have identified the most successful coach in the last 15 years as a "good" coach....you have identified a coach with one of the highest winning % in the last 10 years as an average coach.

who in your opinion is a great coach?....is Tom Coughlin? Jim Harbaugh? Mike Tomlin?

I mean....they all won with franchise QBs.....does that mean they are not great coaches?

at some point you have to realize how silly you sound.....

I think Coughlin is a pretty solid coach. One of the better ones. He has the two most impressive SB wins of the past decade, without question.

Jim Harbaugh is a great coach. When did he win with a franchise QB? Kaepernick blows. If anything, Harbaugh gets docked a few points for thinking Kaepernick was any good, but he did get the most possible out of him. He knew he needed a QB though, so I can't blame him for taking a chance on the guy. There is never any harm in drafting a QB.

I'm not all that high on Tomlin. I'd say he's a notch above McCarthy.

Chip's a great coach, too. There isn't anyone else in football that is winning 10 games with our 2013 roster. The fact that he did it again last year, with Foles and Sanchez, is a testament to his excellence.

Rex Ryan is a really good coach. He's just oblivious to the importance of a modern offense. He's the best defensive coach in the game though.

Arians seems to be on the higher end of things. And I think Bowles is going to be a good one. Although he's wasting his time with Fitzpatrick. They aren't winning a SB with him and there is no future there.

Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2015, 07:08 PM) *
I think Coughlin is a pretty solid coach. One of the better ones. He has the two most impressive SB wins of the past decade, without question.

Why, because he beat an 'average' coach twice? laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 15 2015, 06:14 PM) *
Why, because he beat an 'average' coach twice? laugh.gif

No. Because he beat a great QB and good coach twice with a far inferior QB.
Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2015, 06:28 PM) *
No. Because he beat a great QB and good coach twice with a far inferior QB.

I think Coughlin is underrated and is one of the better coaches around, but Belichick as much as a piece of shit that he is, is a great coach.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 15 2015, 06:44 PM) *
I think Coughlin is underrated and is one of the better coaches around, but Belichick as much as a piece of shit that he is, is a great coach.

It might not impact other people, but the spygate stuff and lack of SBs in the ensuing decade taint his accomplishments dramatically IMO.

He got beat by an inferior team in two SBs. Given the competitive nature of their first three SB victories and being quite confident that they cheated, it really makes me question his greatness.

Gamesmanship is one thing. They were systematically cheating.
Reality Fan
Jim Harbaugh is a great coach. When did he win with a franchise QB? Kaepernick blows. If anything, Harbaugh gets docked a few points for thinking Kaepernick was any good, but he did get the most possible out of him. He knew he needed a QB though, so I can't blame him for taking a chance on the guy. There is never any harm in drafting a QB.

My apologies...I meant John Harbaugh
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 15 2015, 08:53 PM) *
My apologies...I meant John Harbaugh

Oh I think he's very good. I'm not all that high on Flacco. I think John is a very solid coach. He's done a great job there.

Kind of bummed he has turned into such a dick though.
Reality Fan
Rex Ryan is a really good coach. He's just oblivious to the importance of a modern offense. He's the best defensive coach in the game though.

This is the one that made me drop my drink.....

Rex Ryan is a mess......maybe he would be a great DC...in Baltimore he was loaded with talent....HOF talent.....in NY, his last 4 years his defense never ranked higher than 19th in points allowed......but beyond that...his winning % for his career as a head coach is .485.........that is not a really good coach.......no matter how you spin it
samaroo
Going way back in time to the OT...

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 14 2015, 10:05 PM) *
My main hope with Cassel is that he is going to start against the Giants without them having any tape on him and how he behaves in our system. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't decide to start that running back we picked up from Seattle at the same time. That's going to be a crucial game for us, and I'm hoping Jerry and Garrett have the sense to throw every tactic and the kitchen sink at that one. We are officially on life support, and trying not to completely implode our season before Romo and Bryant get back.

Edit: One other hope...while Weeden has the stronger arm and more experience in our system, he seemed to not have much confidence when it came to reading defenses. I'm hoping Cassel will at least surpass him in that regard.

The unspoken aspect of this whole deal is how it goes to show that Romo's ability to read defenses and quickly audible changes was a big part of the success of our offense. I get amazed at Dallas fans who think Romo sucks but never stop to consider how things tend to go to hell when he isn't playing. I just hope Jerry is clued in on this and starts looking in the draft for successors to groom. Romo is 35 now, and bones and ligaments don't bend and stretch the way they used to at that age.

I think this is why you guys will struggle after Romo leaves. It makes sense that you said it, but the fact that it makes sense is what's wrong.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 15 2015, 10:59 PM) *
Going way back in time to the OT...

I think this is why you guys will struggle after Romo leaves. It makes sense that you said it, but the fact that it makes sense is what's wrong.

It almost seems like Jerry Jones expects Romo to play for 3-4 more years....which, given his injury history, seems nuts..
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 15 2015, 09:14 PM) *
This is the one that made me drop my drink.....

Rex Ryan is a mess......maybe he would be a great DC...in Baltimore he was loaded with talent....HOF talent.....in NY, his last 4 years his defense never ranked higher than 19th in points allowed......but beyond that...his winning % for his career as a head coach is .485.........that is not a really good coach.......no matter how you spin it

To be clear, I would never hire Ryan as a HC. In fact, I probably wouldn't hire any defensive minded HC.

The Jets were such a disaster offensively, it's hard to imagine how that impacted their scoring defenses. There is a major discrepancy between their yards and points rankings. 6th in yards, 24th in points in 2014. 5/20 respectively in 2011.

He's a really great defensive coach, but he's not suited to be a HC in the modern NFL.
samaroo
Indeed, RF. But the fact that Dreagon is hoping the owner can come up with a good gameplan is more my point. That team is doomed for as long as Jerry is the owner. He struck gold once, and won't again. He is a self-inflicted cancer to that team.

Oddly, I don't think he's in it for the money. That team prints it, but I think he wants to win. Paradoxical...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 15 2015, 10:37 PM) *
Indeed, RF. But the fact that Dreagon is hoping the owner can come up with a good gameplan is more my point. That team is doomed for as long as Jerry is the owner. He struck gold once, and won't again. He is a self-inflicted cancer to that team.

Oddly, I don't think he's in it for the money. That team prints it, but I think he wants to win. Paradoxical...

This is my thought too.

While Jerry wants a championship, he still struggles balancing that with wanting to be interesting. He hasn't yet realized that being good is interesting on its own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.