Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trending up?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
samaroo
Here's to hoping our O found their way against New Orleans, and continues the trend. Not making any predictions, just happy being happy after a win.

Tommy Lawler's glass is half full. Is yours?

Linc
Zero
The best sign is that there's signs of life. Bradford lost the deer eyes, young guys are stepping up, there seems to be a genuine bond developing. This is especially good news after hearing the rumors that Kelly may be losing the locker room. There's hope. The Giants game is critical.
xsv
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 13 2015, 12:57 AM) *
Here's to hoping our O found their way against New Orleans, and continues the trend. Not making any predictions, just happy being happy after a win.

Linc

Tommy's glass is always half full, even in the dryest of times.

NO's defense was just putrid. Fortunately, NY's isn't much better. And, we do seem to be gaining a little of our lost confidence.
xsv
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 13 2015, 12:57 AM) *

Linc

NO's defense was just putrid. Fortunately, NY's isn't much better. And, we do seem to be gaining a little of our lost confidence.
D Rock
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 13 2015, 05:57 AM) *

Linc

Tommy Lawler is a hack and schill.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 13 2015, 02:48 PM) *

Maybe, but he does offer an alternate perspective...especially when things are bleak.
D Rock
It's all rah rah, sunshine, all the time.

He's a schill. And a know nothing one at that.
samaroo
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 13 2015, 08:39 PM) *

Agreed. I'm not trying to say we're on a SB run. Just putting some PMA out there, that's all.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2015, 03:48 AM) *

Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't know that he's so much a hack as he is a fan with a foot in the door. Either way, it's nice to read some happy thoughts every now and then. I don't read him for analysis, just pure enjoyment. Everything else out there is usually doomsday stuff, so I read Lawler for the same reason I eat dessert: it's good and sweet and I don't need it, but it's nice to eat cake. biggrin.gif
Endlessknight
I think a large part of the offensive's problems are just down to timing/sync issues. Bradford barely played in two years and never with these players, expect for Murray, or in this offense. Plus the line itself is getting used to playing together, not to mention the RBs.

Given how little reps the first team offense got as a unit in preseason I'm not surprised by the issues. I expect them to be much better in the 2nd half of the season. Just hope they can go .500 by then.
Zero
Most people thought the team would struggle in the first few games. I don't think there were many who thought the struggles would be as ugly as they've been, but like I said, they're showing life and appear to be improving. If the big hurdle is getting to know each other's tendencies, strengths and weaknesses they should continue to improve, sans the "I" word.

The key is offense. They need to sustain drives and score points. As Bradford gets to know his receivers better he should get better. After some adjustments, the OL is playing better but the receivers need to catch balls that are in their hands. Apparently there's been a lot of jugs work ... I wonder if it's a matter of trying to do too much? The D is playing well but they can't be on the field for 3/4 of the game.
Robberson
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 14 2015, 05:29 AM) *
Most people thought the team would struggle in the first few games. I don't think there were many who thought the struggles would be as ugly as they've been, but like I said, they're showing life and appear to be improving. If the big hurdle is getting to know each other's tendencies, strengths and weaknesses they should continue to improve, sans the "I" word.

The key is offense. They need to sustain drives and score points. As Bradford gets to know his receivers better he should get better. After some adjustments, the OL is playing better but the receivers need to catch balls that are in their hands. Apparently there's been a lot of jugs work ... I wonder if it's a matter of trying to do too much? The D is playing well but they can't be on the field for 3/4 of the game.

Ok, so just checking - are we still rebuilding or are we contenders again?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 14 2015, 01:31 PM) *

Imagine that...a QB who was out for 18 months taking a little time to get up to speed again.....and a rb who has run out of the I formation taking time to gets used to running out of shotgun taking time to adjust to the different reads from there....and imagine it taking a few games for these new players to gel into the offense...what a shock....

While I think this team is far from a finished product it is certainly headed in the right direction and while they may not be a SB contender right now they are close to being a complete team. This team is about 75% rebuilt already.....only 12 Reid players remain.
xsv
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 14 2015, 01:31 PM) *

Are you kidding? We just won, so obviously we're going to the Superbowl this year.

If we lose the next game, though, we are certain to lose out.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 14 2015, 02:01 PM) *
Imagine that...a QB who was out for 18 months taking a little time to get up to speed again.....and a rb who has run out of the I formation taking time to gets used to running out of shotgun taking time to adjust to the different reads from there....and imagine it taking a few games for these new players to gel into the offense...what a shock....

While I think this team is far from a finished product it is certainly headed in the right direction and while they may not be a SB contender right now they are close to being a complete team. This team is about 75% rebuilt already.....only 12 Reid players remain.

75% sounds about right. As we stand now, I don't think we'll make the playoff this year, but we probably won't be far off, either.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2015, 03:23 PM) *
75% sounds about right. As we stand now, I don't think we'll make the playoff this year, but we probably won't be far off, either.

This weekend should tell us a lot. Our division is a dumpster fire.
Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2015, 04:23 PM) *

Just curious, are you OK with just missing?

For me, it depends on how the team progresses from here. I thought we'd win 12 but I let my heart rule my brain. These guys are starting to show improvement, I think some of them need to relax and just play, stop trying to do too much. If that's the case, I'm good with a mulligan but my patience will be much shorter next year. And Chip GM needs to seriously upgrade the OL in both FA and draft. No more ignoring it.
Reality Fan
In the offseason they can load up on OL....Mathis will be much cheaper this time....lol (sorry Mikey...could not resist)

They get some OL depth
another safety for depth

an OLB.....
a better option at WR though I am not sure there is anything out there in the FA market in 2016 that looks good.....
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 14 2015, 04:22 PM) *
Are you kidding? We just won, so obviously we're going to the Superbowl this year.

If we lose the next game, though, we are certain to lose out.

cheers.gif
Sign me up for the SB train.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 14 2015, 04:38 PM) *
Just curious, are you OK with just missing?

I would rather miss it and know where we stand than to make it a build up false hope.

For me, it depends on how the team progresses from here. I thought we'd win 12 but I let my heart rule my brain. These guys are starting to show improvement, I think some of them need to relax and just play, stop trying to do too much. If that's the case, I'm good with a mulligan but my patience will be much shorter next year. And Chip GM needs to seriously upgrade the OL in both FA and draft. No more ignoring it.

Agree completely.
Joegrane
Or who would fit into Chip's "culture." I bet he will stick with his young WRs, especially if Huff shows development. He could look for another veteran for leadership. I expect Cooper to be gone so that provides both a roster spot and $ to use for a veteran.

I agree that they'll need a veteran O Lineman.

They'll also have to address that in the draft. I thought they would draft the OT from Oregon, Fisher, at the bottom of the first round and use him at G initially. In retrospect they would have been better off this year had they done that. However in the long term Agholor may be a very solid receiver. He does not seem to have the toughness of Maclin so I don't expect him to ever be as good as Mac.

a better option at WR though I am not sure there is anything out there in the FA market in 2016 that looks good..
Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 14 2015, 11:03 PM) *
In retrospect they would have been better off this year had they done that. However in the long term Agholor may be a very solid receiver. He does not seem to have the toughness of Maclin so I don't expect him to ever be as good as Mac.

It's amazing what one season can do for a player's reputation. Prior to Maclin's breakout season last year, he was considered to be soft and not very durable....and after five games all of Agholar's star potential is gone.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 14 2015, 11:24 PM) *
It's amazing what one season can do for a player's reputation. Prior to Maclin's breakout season last year, he was considered to be soft and not very durable....and after five games all of Agholar's star potential is gone.

I was thinking the same thing. Mac's first couple of years he always seemed to be dinged and people accused him of tackling himself. biggrin.gif
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 15 2015, 06:37 AM) *
I was thinking the same thing. Mac's first couple of years he always seemed to be dinged and people accused him of tackling himself. biggrin.gif

Jeremy "Self Tackling" Maclin
samaroo
Who can forget ol' Self-Taclin Maclin? laugh.gif

Joe, I don't think Riley will be gone next year. I'd like to see an upgrade at WR (specifically Cooper and Austin), but Coop seems to have the favor of the staff. Even at his worst on the field, it's been nothing but roses about him from Chip and Co. And I know this'll elicit groans, but he's maybe the best blocking WR out there. Maybe they should put him at TE?
D Rock
For what it's worth, Cooper has the least dropped passes among all our skill position players save the TEs.
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 17 2015, 01:42 AM) *
For what it's worth, Cooper has the least dropped passes among all our skill position players save the TEs.

Ha! And then there's that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.