Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apparently execution is important....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
- The o-line is playing great today, in spite of the "dearth" of talent.
- Dropped passes still plaguing this team
- Poor decision making by our QB cost us points today.
- The defense looked very good today, even with that bone headed play that resulted in a Saints TD in the first.

Beat the bad teams, and battle with the better ones.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 11 2015, 03:41 PM) *
- The o-line is playing great today, in spite of the "dearth" of talent.
- Poor decision making by our QB cost us points today.
- The defense looked very good today, even with that bone headed play that resulted in a Saints TD in the first.

How about keeping the O on the field long enough to get into a rhythm? Working the kinks out, mistakes should still be expected, but not dire ones today. Beat NY and we could be in 1st place next week. Looks like Washigton might snatch defeat from the jaws of victory today.
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 11 2015, 03:58 PM) *
How about keeping the O on the field long enough to get into a rhythm? Working the kinks out, mistakes should still be expected, but not dire ones today.

This is exactly what I was thinking. There must have been something in the beer. laugh.gif

We have to remember that this was the Ain'ts who have been on a spiral to terribleness. The good news is that we theoretically beat them by more than 30 pts by adding in the two EZ ints. The point is that the offense was moving up and down the field once they got into a rhythm.
mcnabbulous
Staying on the field and execution are 100% related
Robberson

This is the first time I've seen the Saints this year, wow are they fucking awful - and despite our efforts to keep them around and allow them to stay in it, they gift-wrapped this one for us. If Brees wasn't a HOF'er and a great competitor, I'd accuse him of throwing this game. A few things:

Cox is a legit All-Pro. Hopefully Chip doesn't realize this and cut him for nothing.

Matthews is a PPR fantasy beast, too bad I don't play in gay PPR leagues. On Draftkings though, I decided to low-ball my FLEX spot and played Celek. Yup, I know, I'm a prophet. laugh.gif

Chip continues to display absolutely incompetent and atrocious game management. With a 3 possession lead late in the 4th quarter, he has Bradford airing out passes?! We saw that shit for 14 years with Andy, at least he kept the talent around! This has and will continue to cost us leads and games.

A win is a win is a win. Looks like the 12-4 short bus is putt-putting towards Santa Clara, running on fumes and pipe dreams.
Phits
Bradford needs actual game time. The lead is secure, I don't mind him out there throwing the ball. Hes still shaking off the rust.

QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 11 2015, 06:02 PM) *
This is the first time I've seen the Saints this year, wow are they fucking awful - and despite our efforts to keep them around and allow them to stay in it, they gift-wrapped this one for us. If Brees wasn't a HOF'er and a great competitor, I'd accuse him of throwing this game. A few things:

Cox is a legit All-Pro. Hopefully Chip doesn't realize this and cut him for nothing.

Matthews is a PPR fantasy beast, too bad I don't play in gay PPR leagues. On Draftkings though, I decided to low-ball my FLEX spot and played Celek. Yup, I know, I'm a prophet. laugh.gif

Chip continues to display absolutely incompetent and atrocious game management. With a 3 possession lead late in the 4th quarter, he has Bradford airing out passes?! We saw that shit for 14 years with Andy, at least he kept the talent around! This has and will continue to cost us leads and games.

A win is a win is a win. Looks like the 12-4 short bus is putt-putting towards Santa Clara, running on fumes and pipe dreams.
Birdwatcher

I have read a few of your posts and though you try and talk as if you know what you are talking about, are you in politics? You sling your BS like a lifetime politico. In my opinion, haters like you play the odds, which are almost always skewed in your favor. So you crow when things are bad, but I have yet to see a hater admit they were wrong when the team gets better. When the team gets really good they tend to vanish. To me those kind of people are not fans, they are worse than front-runners, they show a distinct lack of balls big enough to stick with a team through thick and thin.
Robberson
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 11 2015, 06:45 PM) *
I have read a few of your posts and though you try and talk as if you know what you are talking about, are you in politics? You sling your BS like a lifetime politico. In my opinion, haters like you play the odds, which are almost always skewed in your favor. So you crow when things are bad, but I have yet to see a hater admit they were wrong when the team gets better. When the team gets really good they tend to vanish. To me those kind of people are not fans, they are worse than front-runners, they show a distinct lack of balls big enough to stick with a team through thick and thin.

What a stupid comment.

As we haven't won anything in 55 years, I'd say anyone who claims to be an Eagles fan should be considered pretty loyal. Fanboys like you, on the other hand, are worse than front-runners if we had any, as you slobber over any decision made, regardless of how blatantly stupid it is. I'll be happy to admit when we get better, if that happens anytime soon.

As for being in politics, I'm sure I'd make a lousy politician, as I have no need or desire to whisper sweet nothings into the ears of stupid people who think criticism equals being a 'hater.'
Zero
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 11 2015, 07:58 PM) *
What a stupid comment.

As we haven't won anything in 55 years, I'd say anyone who claims to be an Eagles fan should be considered pretty loyal. Fanboys like you, on the other hand, are worse than front-runners if we had any, as you slobber over any decision made, regardless of how blatantly stupid it is. I'll be happy to admit when we get better, if that happens anytime soon.

As for being in politics, I'm sure I'd make a lousy politician, as I have no need or desire to whisper sweet nothings into the ears of stupid people who think criticism equals being a 'hater.'

People who tend to look at one side only, be it positive or negative are normally not being objective. A person who looks solely at the bad can be colloquially referred to as a 'hater.' Most of your posts tend towards the negative or non accomplishments and poor performance of the team. Equally as relevant, you're intentionally confrontational rather than respectful with your opinions. This portrays you as someone who is here to preach rather than interact with others.

BTW, a 'stupid' comment would sound like: "anyone who claims to be an Eagles fan should be considered pretty loyal."
Joegrane

He stuck with what was working--balance between run and pass. The first down passes tended to work.

That is what he needed to do starting in week 1. Once he gets near field goal range he can take his foot off the pedal and eat clock. He does not have the "hogs" on the O Line to impose his will on the opposition. He needs to keep opponents off balance.

Chip was obviously desperate. Choosing to go for it on 4th down and long was crazy.

The challenge for fans is to not assume they are good as the score indicated today.
mcnabbulous
This moron still thinks trading Nick Foles was stupid because he was a pro bowler.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 11 2015, 07:58 PM) *
What a stupid comment.

You pretty much proved my point rather than addressing my assertion, it is not real criticism when you fail to acknowledge both sides of the coin. See, this is where your stupidity shines, I take the good when I get it and don't get all bent out of shape when things go bad. I don't 'slobber' over every decision made, but I am SMART enough to know that howling like a wild dog at the moon will not change a damn thing. You think your opinion is worth anything? What NFL team are you working for? Didn't think so.
SAM I Am

That is baffling. These passes are hitting these guys right between the numbers, and it isn't just one or two of them. They all have been taking turns dropping them.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Oct 12 2015, 06:54 PM) *
That is baffling. These passes are hitting these guys right between the numbers, and it isn't just one or two of them. They all have been taking turns dropping them.

what is funny is that the dropped passes stat for us did not change after Sunday.....it is still at 10 and I have it conservatively at 17 for the season......bizarre
Reality Fan
by the way.....do you still like the current state of Michael Vick?....love the guy but he looks bad so far
Reality Fan
by the by the way.....coming into tonight......Boykin has played 42 snaps for the Steelers
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 12 2015, 09:26 PM) *
by the way.....do you still like the current state of Michael Vick?....love the guy but he looks bad so far

Yes. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.