Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions for tomorrow?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Anyone care to opine?
Joegrane
I'm hoping that the Birds will hit on a few big plays and the D will be able to keep them in it like they did last week.

So much of this is based on the health and ability of the O Line. We saw how awful it could be at the end of the game when Lane Johnson was injured. He was worse than a #4 OT during a preseason game.

Therefore this one could be really ugly.

However, I think that in the first couple of games Chip and the team was drinking the preseason Koolaid and trying to win with 1/4 of their playbook. At this point he should be desperate enough to open up the playbook to get a home win in one of the few "winnable" games for them on the remainder of their schedule.

Eagles 20 to 17 in an uninspiring game.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 10 2015, 02:22 PM) *
Anyone care to opine?
Dreagon
At this point I put you guys at about even odds of beating or losing to New Orleans
I think Washington loses to Atlanta but gives them a scare.
I think we get murdered by the Patriots and go into our bye week listening to calls for Weeden's head (although suprisingly he hasn't been the problem so far and surely these idiots didn't think we were going to beat Brady)
I think the Giants once again hold on to a fourth quarter lead by their fingernails and beat SF to find themselves in the stunning position of leading their division.

Ugh.
nephillymike
Under normal circumstances, this game should be a win.

The thing that worries me about our chances is our OL. Not only the level of play that we've seen this year, but the health.

Our two OT's are hobbled. They are our best O linemen. I'm thinking the possibility of them both lasting through the game and playing somewhat effectively is not very good. I think we will be seeing Kelly in for one of them for a good part of the game, and the other in limited effectiveness. If that happens, then even our other units will have a problem making up for the difference.

Another thing, if they fall behind early on, it will become a home field disadvantage real quick as the fans venom will spew. At that point playing anywhere else in the world would be more supportive.

It's tough to read the ebb and flow, and we've had our asses ebbed lately so maybe some flow is coming our way.

I've been wrong before and man I hope I'm wrong as the consequences are devastating.

I HAVE to be wrong.

Saints 27
Eagles 24
Robberson
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 10 2015, 01:22 PM) *
Anyone care to opine?

ESPN has us at 7 point favorites.

huh.gif

Cash out your retirement plans, empty your kids' 529s, clean out your bank accounts - and take NO and the points!

As for the game itself, an ugly shootout where we have the lead with 2 minutes left, and Brees gets the ball one more time, and...

You know the rest. 31-27 NO
JeeQ
This will be our first grind it out victory of the season that actually makes us look like a semi-competent team... Chip called himself out this week so I expect him to coach the game of his lifetime. I'm expecting DeMarco Murray to have his best game of the season as Chip forces him to earn that $50 Million tomorrow. To think it only took until Week 5 for the NFL's Leading Rusher to get over 50 yards on the season laugh.gif

Eagles win in a close one in a battle between two last placed teams
Eyrie
We have two injured Ts, an underperforming C and non-existant Gs which means that our RBs will have no lanes and our QB will be panicky. Add in receivers that don't catch and a defence that can't make a stop on third down.

So our only hope is that Saints' own problems continue.
JeeQ
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 10 2015, 05:32 PM) *
This will be our first grind it out victory of the season that actually makes us look like a semi-competent team... Chip called himself out this week so I expect him to coach the game of his lifetime. I'm expecting DeMarco Murray to have his best game of the season as Chip forces him to earn that $50 Million tomorrow. To think it only took until Week 5 for the NFL's Leading Rusher to get over 50 yards on the season laugh.gif

Eagles win in a close one in a battle between two last placed teams

Went even better than I could've imagined
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.