Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'd Like Your Opinion of This Press Conference
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Does it make you feel better about the future or more worried.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion.

It's Chip's Monday press conference

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/videos/v...50-a2e9395305f8
Zero
I can't watch too much of that. He's a man who obviously hates that part of the job ... answering questions. He despises giving out information. In my opinion, there's absolutely nothing you can take away from Chip's press conferences. He answers questions because he has to but there's no way of knowing what answers are legitimate and what are just blowing you off.
mcnabbulous
It's exactly what I would want and expect. I preached execution during Andy's tenure when most everyone else was bitching about...well everything.

He's spot on with regards to the difference between wins and losses. It's one play here or there. Unless you have an elite QB, almost every game is going to be a dog fight.

If Agholor isn't lined up wrong, do we win? If Vinny Curry stays in his lane on the last drive, do we get them off the field? Very few teams are talented enough to get away with this many mistakes.

I really do think we are close. I'm glad he's not panicking. I like Chip's demeanor.
D Rock
Agreed.
Eyrie
I don't give a shit what he says.

I'm concerned by what he does. By what he did (or rather didn't) in the offseason and by what he can (or can't) do to turn things round after a poor start to 2015.

nephillymike
The thing that stood out loud and clear to me in this press conference was that he believes the problems are all execution related. (ie, all on the players)

I heard some media people mention about this press conference so I wanted to hear it myself and offer it up to others' opinions.

There was nobody who got tired quicker of the Reid insincere I gotta do a better job mantra than me over his years here.

But it is clear listening to Chip that he doesn't think he has responsibility for the failures.

It was such a common mantra throughout the entire pc, I would think that if Lurie saw this, even he would think it warranted a chat.

While I can see that most is on execution, a coach has got to look in the mirror.

Some reflections that Chip's mirror doesn't produce:

1. When your team losing 6 of their last 8 games, and you significantly changed personnel from the 1-3 at the end of last year to the 1-3 at the beginning of this year, then maybe it's the one constant fish that smells the most

2. When in week 3 you take 15 snaps under centre, and you run on all 15 plays, predictability is a big issue

3. When in the first two games, in shot gun set, your RB runs opposite side of where the hand off is taken 80% of the time, predictability is a big issue

4. When in the first 3 games, you keep the same cadence and count on snap counts, thus negating offensive advantage and allow the DL to tee off, predictability is a big issue

5. When you don't have your QB audible, adjustment is a problem.

Not that our personnel is acceptable, and not that our execution is above horrible, but our scheme is surely poor enough to warrant mention in a press conference full of finger pointing.

A coach or GM who has watched these four games and last years ending four games and doesn't think he is a huge part of it is delusional. Delusion doesn't win in the NFL.
samaroo
I don't know. I think our O is just as predictable as it's always been. It's the same playbook (with the same 12 or so plays) that he's run since he's been here. I don't think he's trying to outsmart anybody. I always thought he was trying to outwork everybody.
JeeQ
09/23/15
Chip Kelly: “My play calling isn’t too predictable, problem is execution”

10/07/15
“I’ve got to do a better job play calling,” Kelly said today.

Acceptance is the first step...
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 7 2015, 08:58 PM) *
09/23/15

10/07/15

Did he say that today?

How about that.

Well, maybe someone had a chat with him or he watched the press conference and realized how it really looked.
Phits
QUOTE (samaroo @ Oct 7 2015, 09:58 PM) *
I don't know. I think our O is just as predictable as it's always been. It's the same playbook (with the same 12 or so plays) that he's run since he's been here. I don't think he's trying to outsmart anybody. I always thought he was trying to outwork everybody.

He's always preached execution. Everybody on the team has a function to execute. As long as they do that they should find success. It's quite simple, unfortunately we tend to overcomplicate things.
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 8 2015, 10:58 AM) *
09/23/15

10/07/15

There's nothing in his statement about adding plays or changing his "system." He's not going to rewrite his playbook.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.