Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On another note....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Bradford's arm looks very capable of completing all the football throws necessary. He got that deep ball monkey off his back. If he could put together the 2nd halves of the Atlanta & Washington games (into a complete game), he very well could be the QB we hoped for.

And while nobody will mistake his wheels for Cam, Kap, Luck or Wilson, I was glad to see a him use them when required.
D Rock
It's not Sam. It's the O Line and everybody paid to catch a fucking ball. Don't drop balls, and we're easily 2&2 or even 3&1.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 6 2015, 10:09 PM) *
It's not Sam. It's the O Line and everybody paid to catch a fucking ball. Don't drop balls, and we're easily 2&2 or even 3&1.

and that is the sad truth....even if they catch a third of the balls dropped we are 3-1

What is funny is the flawed statistic that shows the Eagles with 10 drops....I rewatched the first 3 games and there are 13 in those 3 alone.....I nearly threw up...

even as bad as they played.....4 catches would have been the difference...
D Rock
Agreed. They are way to easy on pass catchers when it comes to scoring drops. I count 16 in four games.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 7 2015, 12:22 AM) *
Agreed. They are way to easy on pass catchers when it comes to scoring drops. I count 16 in four games.

People raved about Peyton Mannings 2 TD passes vs the Lions a couple weeks back, the first where Thomas guys up and over the DB, comes down with the ball and runs it in with seconds left in the half, and the second to Owen Daniel where the ball is high and behind him but Daniels contorts his body somehow and twists in mid air to catch a ball behind him and holds on as he slams in to the ground.

I watched both of those throws and the praise 18 got and thought "if Sam threw those same two passes they would have both fell incomplete AND he would have been burned at the stake by Philly writers..."
D Rock
Truth.

Our guys only catch it when it hits them between the numbers, and even then . . . it's a 50/50 proposition.

People talk about "catch radius" with receivers, meaning . . . how far outside his frame can a ball be where it's reasonable to expect said player to bring the ball into possession.

Our guys catch radius is about the size of Robersson's dick. 3-4 inches.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.