Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Audacity of Nope
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Robberson
Well, it looks like the 12-4 short bus has broken down in Landover, Maryland. Vinnie the Mechanic says it'll take a couple years to repair, and will require a complete rebuilding of the engine. laugh.gif

Look, I'm not going to sit here and say 'I told you so' about this 6-10 debacle of a team.

I'm not going to point out that Nick Foles has picked apart two of the best defenses in the league this year, while Sam Bradford looks like a deer in the headlights against crappy teams.

I'm not going to bother reminding all of you that when you lose a Pro-Bowl guard and another solid lineman, and don't bother adequately replacing them, it makes your dogshit QB's job that much more difficult.

There's certainly no reason for me to say again that #ProBowlersMatter.

Nobody here needs to be told that our 'genius' head coach, who apparently thinks he's playing Madden, has been completely figured out by the league. When he isn't figured out, he's calling stupid reverse plays that end in disaster.

It would be pretty uncalled for to point out that it took Ruben Amaro Jr., the worst GM in all of sports, 4 whole years to destroy the Phillies. Chip has destroyed the Eagles in just over 2.

I guess it isn't the right time to look at the stat sheet and wonder where Kiko Alonso and Marcus Smith have been? Oh that's right, one is an abysmal bust and the other has one knee.

Yup, let's just enjoy our Monday together. After all, the fanboyism on this board remains so strong that I'm confident we'll finish 11-1 and the 12-4 short bus will end up in Santa Clara this February! laugh.gif
SAM I Am
Troll
Reality Fan
Just ignore him.....douchebags like him only pop up when things look good for them and when the pendulum swings the other way they disappear never to be heard from again.....notice nothing from him prior to the season.....idiots like him like when things go south so they can squawk about it and forget how miserable their real lives are...
Robberson
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 5 2015, 02:55 PM) *
Just ignore him.....douchebags like him only pop up when things look good for them and when the pendulum swings the other way they disappear never to be heard from again.....notice nothing from him prior to the season.....idiots like him like when things go south so they can squawk about it and forget how miserable their real lives are...

Sorry I didn't join up before the season to let you know I predicted 6-10. I'm a fan, an actual 'reality fan.' It's just that I hate seeing this fraud dismantle our beloved team. It's sad that I'm already geared up for hockey and basketball.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 6 2015, 02:32 PM) *
Sorry I didn't join up before the season to let you know I predicted 6-10. I'm a fan, an actual 'reality fan.' It's just that I hate seeing this fraud dismantle our beloved team. It's sad that I'm already geared up for hockey and basketball.

Of course you did...you just happened to join after they went 0-2.....

What you are is a puts....we can revisit their season after it is over......at which point I will still be here....and you will be here also unless they don't finish poorly.... vermin like you disappear...all big mouth until things go south for their idea...and then we never see them again....

Spock
I've been saying this about Chipster from day 1...Collosal failure.
Robberson
QUOTE (Spock @ Oct 6 2015, 03:13 PM) *
I've been saying this about Chipster from day 1...Collosal failure.

I had cautious optimism day 1, as he easily could've been the next 'flavor of the month' college wizard to come to the NFL and shit the bed.....but he won me over quickly that first game, and after the playoff loss we seemed to be headed towards contention - then he began the talent purge, and here we are, a basement dweller.

I love being a Philly sports fan despite all the heartbreak, but sometimes I think we have the most delusional fan base in the world. The same idiots who predicted this talentless team would go 12-4 are now calling for us to 'chill' because we're 'rebuilding.'

#ProBowlersMatter
mcnabbulous
Anyone that thinks our 2013/2014 teams were on the road to SB glory are the pathetic, delusional ones. You're no better than the Cowboys and Redskins fans (especially this new asshat) that think guys like Kirk Cousins are taking them anywhere.

We were going nowhere, fast. The fact that Chip acknowledged it and tore it apart, despite our 10-6 fool's gold, is a testament to him having an eye on the larger prize.

Yes, we have been disappointing, and that starts with Bradford's play. But this team wasn't one or two players away after last year. We were very much a new QB and several key defensive players away. Maybe we didn't find our QB this offseason, but I'd much rather know that than being delusional enough to think Nick Foles is leading any team to a SB.

Phits
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 6 2015, 04:32 PM) *
I had cautious optimism day 1, as he easily could've been the next 'flavor of the month' college wizard to come to the NFL and shit the bed.....but he won me over quickly that first game, and after the playoff loss we seemed to be headed towards contention - then he began the talent purge, and here we are, a basement dweller.

I love being a Philly sports fan despite all the heartbreak, but sometimes I think we have the most delusional fan base in the world. The same idiots who predicted this talentless team would go 12-4 are now calling for us to 'chill' because we're 'rebuilding.'

#ProBowlersMatter

So as a "fan", you thought we were going to be legitimate contenders with Foles as our QB?
Robberson
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 6 2015, 05:01 PM) *
So as a "fan", you thought we were going to be legitimate contenders with Foles as our QB?

So as a 'fanboy,' you thought it was wise to unload 5 Pro-Bowlers for nothing/peanut brittle? I could care less about Foles, but honestly, some of his moves are so unbelievably stupid I don't get how any rational 'fan' can support them. He isn't a genius, he's another egomaniac who is getting embarrassed by the rest of the league.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 6 2015, 06:15 PM) *
So as a 'fanboy,' you thought it was wise to unload 5 Pro-Bowlers for nothing/peanut brittle? I could care less about Foles, but honestly, some of his moves are so unbelievably stupid I don't get how any rational 'fan' can support them. He isn't a genius, he's another egomaniac who is getting embarrassed by the rest of the league.

McCoy for Murray is a probowler swap. So that's down one of your five.
Foles isn't good, so that's another.
Maclin was desired back. We tried to retain him, but he left on his own. That's three.
Mathis is pretty clearly past his prime. Even if he is an improvement this year (which is debatable) he's no longer a pro bowler. That's four.
So yeah, Chip gave up on Desean, who was a punk. I hated the move at the time, but I've at least come to understand it.

So Chip got rid of one pro bowler by a reasonable person's standards. He's being "embarrassed" to the tune of 3 losses by 15 points.
Phits
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 6 2015, 07:15 PM) *
So as a 'fanboy,' you thought it was wise to unload 5 Pro-Bowlers for nothing/peanut brittle?

A pro bowl player is only as good as their next game. It doesn't mean anything to your potential, only a representation of what you did. How are those pro-bowl players doing now? Do they still look like pro-bowlers?

There have certainly been some questionable moves. However, I don't have the day to day insight of an NFL HC or GM, so I can't speak about things that I don't know. Perhaps you do and care to enlighten us all?

If you would look past your hate you could perhaps see a rationale behind the moves. You see a team that had back to back 10 win seasons and seem to feel that they were on the cusp of something. In reality, they were a mirage. They were teams that weren't good enough to legitimately compete for a championship....which is the goal is it not?

Chip inherited an underachieving team. His system exploited NFL defenses and made more than a few of his inherited players seem larger than life. In order to build a team that he felt was in for the long haul he decided to tear it down in order to build it back better. You may not like it, but that's what any good designer (in any walk of life) will tell you. The early returns have been very underwhelming, but that doesn't mean that the long term goal is unattainable. You seem to be looking for the quick fix, and that is a rare thing.

However, you seem content in trolling about. Good luck with that, because he will be here for another 3 years (minimum). Unless, of course, you decide to buy the Eagles and make a change.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.