Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pair of Safties
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
When was the last time the Eagles had such a solid *pair* of safties?

Maybe that would be Dawk and Quintin Mikell. Mikell was undrafted but made a pro bowl appearance.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MikeQu20.htm

Wes Hopkins played with "dirty" Waters during the Buddy Ryan era. Wes made a pro bowl. Waters, undrafted out of Cheney, was a tough competitor known for leading with his helmet. Who knows how many concussions he might have had. The game was very different then. Sadly all of those hits might have cost him his life--God rest his soul.
Zero
Jenkins and Thurmond look great. For some reason though, I don't look at them as S but as DBs. When I think of a S, I think of players like Dawk and Wes.
Joegrane
True, weren't they both CBs in college?
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 5 2015, 05:54 AM) *
Jenkins and Thurmond look great. For some reason though, I don't look at them as S but as DBs. When I think of a S, I think of players like Dawk and Wes.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 5 2015, 04:54 AM) *

The days of the box safety are mostly dead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.