Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Is the king of winning ugly... but wins over the Seahawks and Cardinals can't be denied... 2-0 in the NFC West

He might take STL farther than Bradford ever did... which would be a grand total of 8 wins in a single season
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 4 2015, 07:28 PM) *
Is the king of winning ugly... but wins over the Seahawks and Cardinals can't be denied... 2-0 in the NFC West

He might take STL farther than Bradford ever did... which would be a grand total of 8 wins in a single season

The Rams NEVER had that defense when Sam was there. He played with the likes of the soft, garbage defense he has now...I guess you could say if followed him.

The Eagles wr's can't separate or catch the ball.

The OL can't run or pass block.

And there were a couple idiot beat writers calling for Sanchez at half time!!!

This town/team is F'd up!

I can't wait till Sam leaves this group of cry babies, then you can all live with the Sanchize!!!!

Bradford has now THREE TIMES (twice in ATL alone!) lead this team back in the 4th Q to take the lead (or have the idiot, GARBAGE kicker(s) miss easy FG's!!), ON THE ROAD! Only to have A0 the defense cave in, cool.gif and these sorry ass receivers fail to hold on to the ball!
Zero
The defense was on the field for 41 minutes. I don't call that caving in.
mcnabbulous
Our defense was on the field that was their own doing. Our pass rush was non existent and we couldn't get off the field on third down.

Our offense was bad, but so was our defense. It was Kirk Cousins for Christs sake and we couldn't cause turnovers.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 4 2015, 08:01 PM) *
The defense was on the field for 41 minutes. I don't call that caving in.

They were on the field 41 minutes for one reason, THEY ALLOWED KIRK COUSINS TO RUN & PASS THE BALL ALL OVER THEM!!

The defense had no one to blame today but themselves.

Also, what the hell has happened to Jordan Matthews? Dude can't catch shit!

Can you say sophomore slump????
Joegrane
[quote name='mcnabbulous' date='Oct 4 2015, 08:06 PM' post='276942']ur defense was on the field that was their own doing. Our pass rush was non existent and we couldn't get off the field on third down.

Our offense was bad, but so was our defense. It was Kirk Cousins for Christs sake and we couldn't cause turnovers./quote]
The D continues to not put much pressure on the QB without a blitz and sometimes even with a blitz.

The defense looks improved, especially at ILB and S. How many nice tackles did they make limiting RAC? They don't have the benefit of an offense that is eating clock for them. This year the O is not putting up many points either.

The most important reason is that the O Line has not provided running room and has been spotty in pass protection. At the beginning of the season I said this would be the most important factor in the team's success. That is clear now.

A stronger O Line would leave Bradford and the weak WRs in shorter 3rd down situations and help Bradford to be more confident. He clearly is not the fighter that Foles and previous QBs were, although I still think he can be effective with the right cast around him.

This team is most likely not going to the playoffs this year. However, it can still make a decent showing if the O Line solidifies. Unfortunately it is probably hopeful thinking that they will. If they loose next week, they'll be struggling to stay out of the NFC East cellar.

Joegrane
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 4 2015, 08:10 PM) *
They were on the field 41 minutes for one reason, THEY ALLOWED KIRK COUSINS TO RUN & PASS THE BALL ALL OVER THEM!!

The defense had no one to blame today but themselves.

Also, what the hell has happened to Jordan Matthews? Dude can't catch shit!

Can you say sophomore slump????

R Frank of csnphilly writes " Teams playing at least 41 minutes on defense are 5-109 in non-overtime games since 1983"

Some of that is the continued trend of the D to not get off the field on 3rd down. I think most of it is the anemic offense.

Matthews is a nice *young* WR. Had he tried to catch that critical 3rd down ball with his hands not his chest, the Eagles probably would have won the game, even if they did not deserve to.

Compare him with P. Garcon who made countless catches with defenders around him. It is not that this year's DBs are frequently letting WRs run wide open like we saw in recent years. Garcon was just making contested plays.

It was nice to see Riley Cooper and M Austin show up.

I hope N Aghlor hasn't been watching film of J Hush from last year instead of Matthews. He is clearly looking like a Rookie.

The overthrow of M Austin on the left sideline when he was wide open also hurt.

D Rock
This loss is on the WRs and RBs. Make a fucking play already. SOMEBODY.
D Rock
16 drops in the season.

PATHETIC.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 4 2015, 10:04 PM) *
16 drops in the season.

PATHETIC.

Going into today, the Rams WR's were the worst in the NFL.

We were 3rd or 4th from the bottom.
Joegrane
Thank you very much for that stat! I was wondering about the difference in arm strength between Foles and Bradford,

I recall people saying that while Foles does not have a big arm, he throws "a catchable ball." Apparently that has not helped the weak receiving corp in St Louis.
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 4 2015, 11:39 PM) *
Going into today, the Rams WR's were the worst in the NFL.

We were 3rd or 4th from the bottom.

Robberson
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 4 2015, 06:59 PM) *
The Eagles wr's can't separate or catch the ball.

The OL can't run or pass block.

If I can make another attempt to break through the fanboy epidemic on this board:

We HAD a couple great WR's, and a solid o-line. Our beloved genius got rid of them all and replaced it with this crap.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 8 2015, 01:46 PM) *
If I can make another attempt to break through the fanboy epidemic on this board:

We HAD a couple great WR's, and a solid o-line. Our beloved genius got rid of them all and replaced it with this crap.

He didn't get rid of Maclin, you fucking dipshit.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 8 2015, 08:34 PM) *

It doesn't matter how often that fact is repeated, some people just ignore the truth.
Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 8 2015, 03:34 PM) *

That's odd, I could've sworn he was no longer on our team, when he made it clear he wanted to stay.....no need to be such a whiny little pussy. Ok, so you've been wrong on everything from Geno Smith to Sam Bradford to Chip Kelly - instead of throwing a tantrum over it, from now on, just go with the exact opposite of your gut instinct and you'll be right on every issue! We'll also agree 100% of the time.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 8 2015, 03:52 PM) *
That's odd, I could've sworn he was no longer on our team, when he made it clear he wanted to stay.....no need to be such a whiny little pussy. Ok, so you've been wrong on everything from Geno Smith to Sam Bradford to Chip Kelly - instead of throwing a tantrum over it, from now on, just go with the exact opposite of your gut instinct and you'll be right on every issue! We'll also agree 100% of the time.

This isn't an opinion.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 8 2015, 04:52 PM) *

Funny...how would you know he was wrong on Geno?...you just joined....or you are a lying POS.....

Love you guys who change their names or get a new account...the same stupidity shines through though...you can't fix stupid...
Birdman420
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 9 2015, 02:24 AM) *
Funny...how would you know he was wrong on Geno?...you just joined....or you are a lying POS.....

Love you guys who change their names or get a new account...the same stupidity shines through though...you can't fix stupid...

uh huh lol
Robberson
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 9 2015, 02:24 AM) *

Yeah I saw this in the other thread. Some of you guys need therapy man - maybe you just keep losing the same arguments, but to different people?

How do I know he's wrong on Geno? Well, first of all, Geno Smith sucks ass. And second, he keeps defending him tooth and nail on every other thread here - see, dumbass?

Silly Delusional Fan. laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 9 2015, 06:47 PM) *
Yeah I saw this in the other thread. Some of you guys need therapy man - maybe you just keep losing the same arguments, but to different people?

How do I know he's wrong on Geno? Well, first of all, Geno Smith sucks ass. And second, he keeps defending him tooth and nail on every other thread here - see, dumbass?

Silly Delusional Fan. laugh.gif

uh huh.....

just keep coming here....you make everybody feel better about themselves....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.