Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm not sure, but I think I hate Chip Kelly.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
xsv
Time to tank for a real qb. This guy blows.

And I prefer a coach that understands the importance of an offensive line.

For an offensive coach, he sure is clueless.
JeeQ
Chip The GM is absolute scum
Wheeljack
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 4 2015, 04:11 PM) *
Time to tank for a real qb. This guy blows.

And I prefer a coach that understands the importance of an offensive line.

For an offensive coach, he sure is clueless.

I think Bradford will be a "real QB" when the O-Line doesn't lick balls.
we saw evidence of that today. then they went back to BS short passes and sweeps.

even more than that, Chip Kelly has never looked better as a coach than he did when he first showed up as the Eagles' coach, with Vick/DeSean/LeSean. since then, it's been trending downward from "Foles" Gold forward. they gave him full personnel powers and the team instantly became a toilet. his experience here kind of reminds me of Vick's. Surprisingly good to start, diminishing returns as time passed.

yeah, there are numerous nuances to this, but it boils down to Chip's personnel decisions.
mcnabbulous
Everyone needs to stop thinking 2013 was any indication of our talent. We have been a bad team since 2009.

Our problem is that we are dealt fools gold to believe it's anything different than it is. These problems date back to our inability to draft capable players from 2005-2012.

2010 was the Vick mirage. In reality we were a shitty team. 2013 was Chip's system beating the competition.

It has blinded us from the reality of many of our weaknesses. Starting at QB.

Phits
Do they u think three team would be better wit Foles? I don't. I am fine with this being Chip's year one. I just expected more from the team as a whole. I didn't expect so many of the players to underachieve.

QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Oct 4 2015, 04:33 PM) *
we saw evidence of that today. then they went back to BS short passes and sweeps.

even more than that, Chip Kelly has never looked better as a coach than he did when he first showed up as the Eagles' coach, with Vick/DeSean/LeSean. since then, it's been trending downward from "Foles" Gold forward. they gave him full personnel powers and the team instantly became a toilet. his experience here kind of reminds me of Vick's. Surprisingly good to start, diminishing returns as time passed.

yeah, there are numerous nuances to this, but it boils down to Chip's personnel decisions.

Gibbs
Chip will be fired. He's not an NFL GM at all. Laurie should fire him right after the game. Make him take Amtrack home and send him his shit in the mail. Hail!
mcnabbulous
Bro, your squad has an adultering alcoholic as GM and the wrong Gruden as HC. Go away.
JeeQ
Hmm... Moron For A GM... Moron For A Coach... An Atrocious QB... And A Bunch Of High Priced Free Agents Who Can't Play For Shit...

We've turned into the Washington Redskins
Zero
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Oct 4 2015, 04:33 PM) *

Kelly as GM was fine except for ignoring the OL.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 4 2015, 10:18 PM) *
Kelly as GM was fine except for ignoring the OL.

Which is pretty damning for someone who is supposed to be an offensive genius. The problem wasn't letting Herremans go (he needed replaced) or even in cutting Mathis (I'd have kept him for one more year), it was doing so without attempting to have replacements lined up. Nothing in the draft and nothing in FA either.

If the big uglies up front suck there are no lanes for the RBs and no time for the QB.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 4 2015, 04:41 PM) *
Do they u think three team would be better wit Foles? I don't. I am fine with this being Chip's year one. I just expected more from the team as a whole. I didn't expect so many of the players to underachieve.

I definitely don't think this team would be better with Foles. It would be the same, if not worse.
While Bradford seemed to not be willing to throw downfield until the 2nd half of this game, Foles doing so had you holding your breath for the underthrow. And both Bradford and Foles need that O-Line to be above sub-optimal to be effective. Most QBs do, as Aaron Rodgers is exceptional.

I am OK with this being a "rebuilding" season. I thinking coming off 10-6, people would expect more.
It's been a long time since the Eagles have really done this. They've always been too "good" to tank.

The Eagles really have never had a true heir to McNabb. Which sucks, because the few good non-QB skill players drafted were shipped out.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Oct 5 2015, 12:46 AM) *
I am OK with this being a "rebuilding" season. I thinking coming off 10-6, people would expect more.

Taking that approach is the only way I am going to get through this season because the product on the field just plain sucks.

I am trying to think of personnel moves that Chip made that worked out so far. The only thing I can come up with is Ryan Mathews.

Maybe there is more but I am too frustrated to think of them right now.
mcnabbulous
2013 is the worst thing that could have happened to Chip Kelly.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 4 2015, 08:23 PM) *
2013 is the worst thing that could have happened to Chip Kelly.

Yep. He should have ripped it apart right from the start.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 4 2015, 07:37 PM) *
Yep. He should have ripped it apart right from the start.

Oh God No!

At least we had two decent years.

I've seen what happens when he rips things apart and I want no part of it.

My guess is by the end of this year, even the most faithful backer of Chip will be in "No Mas" land.
Gibbs
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 4 2015, 05:05 PM) *
Bro, your squad has an adultering alcoholic as GM and the wrong Gruden as HC. Go away.

He may be, but he knows how to pick players. He knows what it takes to build a team. We have a ways to go, but we're on the right track.

Eagles are not on the right track. Dough boy thinks you can just plug people into his stupid system and win. You're a long way from Oregon Dough Boy.
Phits
QUOTE (Gibbs @ Oct 5 2015, 07:10 AM) *
He may be, but he knows how to pick players. He knows what it takes to build a team. We have a ways to go, but we're on the right track.

Eagles are not on the right track. Dough boy thinks you can just plug people into his stupid system and win. You're a long way from Oregon Dough Boy.

I suppose anybody would look competent after Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan. Fortunately, your team is known to self destruct and is rumored to be the place where NFL careers go to die.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 4 2015, 08:36 PM) *
Oh God No!

At least we had two decent years.

I've seen what happens when he rips things apart and I want no part of it.

My guess is by the end of this year, even the most faithful backer of Chip will be in "No Mas" land.

You say "two decent years" but we are basically the same team right now that we were at the end of last season.

We weren't decent last season. If this same team was playing together in 2013, it would be tearing up the league, because people had no idea how to defend Chip's offense.

Yesterday, more than the previous games, comes down to execution for the offense. The amounts of drops is simply unbelievable at this point.
D Rock
QUOTE (Gibbs @ Oct 5 2015, 11:10 AM) *

Ya'll have "been on the right track" since Joe Theisman.

That's some track.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Gibbs
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 5 2015, 11:14 AM) *
Ya'll have "been on the right track" since Joe Theisman.

That's some track.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

What are you talking about? Did you forget two SB MVP's in Doug Williams and Mark Rypien? What the hell have you guys won?
Gibbs
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 5 2015, 09:32 AM) *
I suppose anybody would look competent after Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan. Fortunately, your team is known to self destruct and is rumored to be the place where NFL careers go to die.

Well I would agree with you on Bruce Allen. He's a terrible GM. But he no longer is picking the players.

As far as self destructing, I agree with you there too. But those days are over. We have someone now that despite his past issues, knows how to build through the draft and that's the key. Building through the draft.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Gibbs @ Oct 5 2015, 11:59 AM) *
What are you talking about? Did you forget two SB MVP's in Doug Williams and Mark Rypien? What the hell have you guys won?

Our 1960 Championship is about as relevant as your 1991 Championship.

You have the worst owner in the game. You're fucked for the foreseeable future. Hopefully you'll outlive Danny Boy, because otherwise, you aren't winning shit any time soon.
JeeQ
Let's call Doc Brown and have him fire up the DeLorean so we can go back to a time when the Redskins were relevant
Gibbs
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2015, 01:21 PM) *
Our 1960 Championship is about as relevant as your 1991 Championship.

You have the worst owner in the game. You're fucked for the foreseeable future. Hopefully you'll outlive Danny Boy, because otherwise, you aren't winning shit any time soon.

Please tell me you're kidding. Otherwise I'll have to question your football IQ. In 1960 there were like 12 teams. Lol. 91 Skins went 17-2 and dominated the league. Fuck outta here with that dumb ass crap.

Snyder may not be a good owner but he's learned to stay out of the way now that the legit GM is there. Rg3 is Snyder's best friend and he's been benched. It's no longer about BS in Washington.

Meanwhile Dough Boy has completely screwed up your roster. Let him keep picking the players so we can see Philly fall into the bottom of the NFC Least.
mcnabbulous
In 1991 there was no salary cap. 1960 is completely irrelevant to modern NFL football. So is 1991.

Hang on to the glory days there, bud.
Spock
No-one. And I mean no-one hates Chip Kelly likes I do. I hated him from day 1 and have hated him more and more each day every since. He is the scum of the Earth.

PANCREATIC CANCER!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Gibbs @ Oct 6 2015, 12:46 PM) *
Please tell me you're kidding. Otherwise I'll have to question your football IQ. In 1960 there were like 12 teams. Lol. 91 Skins went 17-2 and dominated the league. Fuck outta here with that dumb ass crap.

Snyder may not be a good owner but he's learned to stay out of the way now that the legit GM is there. Rg3 is Snyder's best friend and he's been benched. It's no longer about BS in Washington.

Meanwhile Dough Boy has completely screwed up your roster. Let him keep picking the players so we can see Philly fall into the bottom of the NFC Least.

Dumb ass crap?

Having lived in DC I have a special appreciation for Skins fans....you have averaged 6 wins/ year(6.5) over the last decade and while you may want Philly to fall to the bottom of the NFC East it is the Skins who have had a long term lease on it. 7 seasons over .500 in the last 25 years?....5 trips to the post season in 25 years? The real painful one....12 seasons with 6 or less wins.....12!!

And you want to call someone on their football knowledge? Your team won Sunday...enjoy it.....but the facts are what they are...the Skins finished in the basement 6 of the last 7 years........so congrats on your SB win 25 years ago.......I am glad it provides you with wonderful memories....it is cute how you like to live in the past....just a selective past....

Gibbs
[quote name='Reality Fan' date='Oct 6 2015, 03:16 PM' post='277126']
Dumb ass crap?

Having lived in DC I have a special appreciation for Skins fans....you have averaged 6 wins/ year(6.5) over the last decade and while you may want Philly to fall to the bottom of the NFC East it is the Skins who have had a long term lease on it. 7 seasons over .500 in the last 25 years?....5 trips to the post season in 25 years? The real painful one....12 seasons with 6 or less wins.....12!!

And you want to call someone on their football knowledge? Your team won Sunday...enjoy it.....but the facts are what they are...the Skins finished in the basement 6 of the last 7 years........so congrats on your SB win 25 years ago.......I am glad it provides you with wonderful memories....it is cute how you like to live in the past....just a selective past....
[/qu

Yes cause if someone compares the 60 Eagles to the 91 Redskins then I will question their football knowledge. The Eagles have been a better organization since Snyder has owned the Redskins. He is/was the worst thing to happen to our once great franchise. but I think he's finally got it right since bringing on the guy who drinks too much. The fact is we have almost all of our draft picks contributing. Hail!
mcnabbulous
He literally only hired your GM because ESPN ran a piece about said GM. It's not like Snyder has some newfound football savvy.

All of your draft picks are contributing because your roster is shit. There was a time when Matt McCoy started for the Eagles. We were all keenly aware of the fact that Matt McCoy was only starting for the Eagles because they had no better people to start, which said more about the linebacking corp than Matt McCoy.

Your franchise is a laughingstock and your fans are delusional.

I also used to live in DC and would go to games with my Redskins fan friends. After the first game of the year, every year, your fanbase would be going ballistic over your inevitable win to start the season. Subsequently followed up by your 6-10 overall finish.

The fact that you think Kirk Cousins is a viable NFL starter proves just how little football knowledge you have. The guy is a dime a dozen. Those types of QB's have been winning 7 games a year since the beginning of time. And nothing more.

He's Bobby Hoying, he's Koy Detmer, he's Heath Shuler, he's Nick Foles, he's Christian Ponder...he's garbage.

1991 was a lifetime ago. It's completely irrelevant. It's even more pathetic than Cowboys fans clinging to their shit, and that's completely pathetic.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 6 2015, 09:12 PM) *
He's Bobby Hoying, he's Koy Detmer, he's Heath Shuler, he's Nick Foles, he's Christian Ponder...he's garbage.

You left out Geno Smith...

tongue.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 6 2015, 03:42 PM) *
You left out Geno Smith...

tongue.gif

Nah, Geno is different than those guys. Geno has the physical tools to be better. He just hasn't learned to play the position.

Those guys are all too physically limited. That's the point I was trying to make.

Geno doesn't have any physical limitations. Obviously he hasn't learned the nuances of the game, which are significantly harder. Especially since they don't really teach them at the college level anymore.

Edit: and yeah, Ryan Fitzpatrick is another perfect Kirk Cousins example.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 6 2015, 09:47 PM) *
Nah, Geno is different than those guys. Geno has the physical tools to be better. He just hasn't learned to play the position.

Those guys are all too physically limited. That's the point I was trying to make.

Geno doesn't have any physical limitations. Obviously he hasn't learned the nuances of the game, which are significantly harder. Especially since they don't really teach them at the college level anymore.

Edit: and yeah, Ryan Fitzpatrick is another perfect Kirk Cousins example.

laugh.gif

Geno Smith Sucks! Add him to your list, and he's instantly the worst in it.

Tim TeBlow has physical tools too. And like Geno, he never "learned to play quarterback" which is a long winded way of saying ....

He SUCKS!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 6 2015, 06:40 PM) *
laugh.gif

Geno Smith Sucks! Add him to your list, and he's instantly the worst in it.

Tim TeBlow has physical tools too. And like Geno, he never "learned to play quarterback" which is a long winded way of saying ....

He SUCKS!

Just out of curiosity, but what makes Geno different than Bradford, who you believed could be a legit QB for this team?

I'll give you one hint: nothing.

Both came from spread offenses in college that didn't require pro style reads. Both have the physical ability to make all the plays. Through their first two years in the league, really the only difference was one's willingness to actually throw the ball down the field. It resulted in more interceptions, but a pretty significant advantage in YPA.

I hate to break it to you, D, but a less athletic version of Geno is our current QB.

You try to compare Ryan Fitzgerald's "success" this year to Geno, without acknowledging that Fitzpatrick has played 10 years. For whatever reason (the reason being that it makes you feel like some QB guru) you hold Geno to a different standard than any other QB in the league.

If any guy you had any hopes for was put in Geno's situation, you'd be defending the guy to the death. If you need proof, look back on your opinion of Bradford.

They are literally the same dude. I suspect you don't watch college football, but these days maybe 10% of college guys know how to properly read a defense. It's simply not a trait that is taught or required at the college level. It's all about first reads and wide open offenses.

If you hold future QB prospects to the same standard you are holding Geno, you will never be satisfied. They ALL have a steep learning curve. Unless they find themselves in the perfect situation, few will succeed early.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 7 2015, 01:02 AM) *
Just out of curiosity, but what makes Geno different than Bradford, who you believed could be a legit QB for this team?

Both came from spread offenses in college that didn't require pro style reads. Both have the physical ability to make all the plays. Through their first two years in the league, really the only difference was one's willingness to actually throw the ball down the field. It resulted in more interceptions, but a pretty significant advantage in YPA.

I hate to break it to you, D, but a less athletic version of Geno is our current QB.

You try to compare Ryan Fitzgerald's "success" this year to Geno, without acknowledging that Fitzpatrick has played 10 years. For whatever reason (the reason being that it makes you feel like some QB guru) you hold Geno to a different standard than any other QB in the league.

If any guy you had any hopes for was put in Geno's situation, you'd be defending the guy to the death. If you need proof, look back on your opinion of Bradford.

They are literally the same dude. I suspect you don't watch college football, but these days maybe 10% of college guys know how to properly read a defense. It's simply not a trait that is taught or required at the college level. It's all about first reads and wide open offenses.

If you hold future QB prospects to the same standard you are holding Geno, you will never be satisfied. They ALL have a steep learning curve. Unless they find themselves in the perfect situation, few will succeed early.

Answer to your first question... "Arm Talent." Even you with your giant blind spot should see that.

The rest of your long winded diatribe doesn't deserve my attention. Any thing suggesting Geno smith is other than a piece of dog shit as a quarterback (or human being for that matter) is drivel. I won't waste my time.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 6 2015, 09:07 PM) *
Answer to your first question... "Arm Talent." Even you with your giant blind spot should see that.

The rest of your long winded diatribe doesn't deserve my attention. Any thing suggesting Geno smith is other than a piece of dog shit as a quarterback (or human being for that matter) is drivel. I won't waste my time.

Wait. You think Geno doesn't have the same arm talent as Bradford? You would be wrong. Geno, unlike all those guys mentioned above, can make any throw.

You can see for yourself here:
http://youtu.be/83IB4S76BI8

What I would really advise doing is taking a look at the mobility section (4:22). I'm more convinced after watching that, that the Eagles made a mistake by not taking a chance on the guy. I'm convinced he could do some good things in this offense.

Bradford hasn't shown me anything that I don't think Geno could be giving us.

Fuck it...I'll double down on my opinion of the guy.
nephillymike
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

" I am not a crook"

"Read My Lips, No new taxes"

"But We need to pass the bill to find out what is in it"

"Fuck it, I'll double down on my opinion of the guy"

Some things are gifts that keep on giving! biggrin.gif

We love ya Nabby but sometimes you have to know when to pull the cord
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Gibbs @ Oct 6 2015, 03:44 PM) *
Yes cause if someone compares the 60 Eagles to the 91 Redskins then I will question their football knowledge. The Eagles have been a better organization since Snyder has owned the Redskins. He is/was the worst thing to happen to our once great franchise. but I think he's finally got it right since bringing on the guy who drinks too much. The fact is we have almost all of our draft picks contributing. Hail!

Really...the Eagles have been a better organization since Snyder owned the team?

In the 7 years after winning the SB (the Eagles were 10-6 that year) the Redskins posted 3 seasons with a record above 500..and 1 double digit win season and 1 trip to the playoffs...

The Eagles..in what we fans consider a dark period posted 3 double digit win seasons and 3 trips to the playoffs.

in the last 23 years since the Skins won that SB in 91 the Eagles have had 13 double digit win seasons...13! and 13 frustrating trips to the playoffs...but they made it there..

so if you compare the 2 franchises over the last 23 years and have an ounce of football knowledge you realize just how meaningless that SB 24 years ago is today...
samaroo
Relevant things that happened in 1991:
-Nirvana released their hit album, Nevermind
-Terminator 2: Judgment Day, The Silence of the Lambs and Thelma & Louise are released to moviegoers everywhere amid critical acclaim
-Operation Desert Storm drives Iraqi forces out of Kuwait ending the Persian Gulf War
-Nelson Mandela is elected President of South African ANC
-Dr. Jack Kevorkian is barred from practicing assisted suicides

Irrelevant things that happened in 1991:
-The Minnesota Twins, Pittsburgh Penguins, Chicago Bulls and Washington Redskins win their respective championships
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 6 2015, 09:53 PM) *
"Fuck it, I'll double down on my opinion of the guy"

Some things are gifts that keep on giving! biggrin.gif

We love ya Nabby but sometimes you have to know when to pull the cord

Hey man, I don't mind defending my opinion. If we held all QB's to the same standard that people have held Geno through his first two years, there would be about 3 guys that would be considered starting caliber in all of football.

Fitzpatrick (who D says "got the Jets looking better than Geno") was worse than Geno as a rookie, didn't play his second or third years, and has a career 6.6 YPA (compared to Geno's 6.9) while also having a career INT % of 3.5% (which is the same number as Geno's awful second season). His current stats (as an 11th year pro) are similar to Geno's stats from last year. This despite an improved receiving corp led by Brandon Marshall.

All that without having Geno's arm (which despite D's incorrect assessment, is a cannon) and running ability.

The Jets may win 9 games with Fitzpatrick as their QB. Much like our fanbase that was satisfied with Foles, they're settling for being nothing more than a middle of the road team. Geno is still young and offers upside, despite the unfair expectations put upon him. Fitzpatrick is just an old Kirk Cousins.

D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 7 2015, 03:44 PM) *
If we held all QB's to the same standard that people have held Geno through his first two years, there would be about 3 guys that would be considered starting caliber in all of football.

laugh.gif

That's crap, and you know it.

Geno has been a special brand of shitty. And he's dearly loved by his team mates. If only the league had more guys like him.....

rolleyes.gif

The list of QBs who've been better than Geno Smith over the last 3 years is pages long.

I know you want to dismiss Fitz's "success" by suggesting it's 100% exclusively about Brandon Marshall, but that too . . . is crap.

Just let it go. Geno Smith is/was/and will remain.... a non quarterbacking entity in the NFL.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 7 2015, 10:11 AM) *
laugh.gif

That's crap, and you know it.

Geno has been a special brand of shitty. And he's dearly loved by his team mates. If only the league had more guys like him.....

rolleyes.gif

The list of QBs who've been better than Geno Smith over the last 3 years is pages long.

Why are you comparing a first and second year QB to the rest of the QB's in football? How many first and second year QB's have been dramatically better? Here is the list to choose from:
EJ Manuel
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib
Blake Bortles
Johnny Football
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garopallo
Tom Savage

The answer is Bridgewater and Carr. They have been better than Geno. But who gives a fuck. It's the first and second year of an NFL players career at one of the most difficult positions in all of sports.

My point was simple. If you compared every QB in the NFL's first two years to Geno, you would find very few that performed dramatically better. And you would find even less that performed very well.

Aaron Rodgers didn't even see the field until his 4th season and he's arguably the best QB I've ever seen.

I know you want to dismiss Fitz's "success" by suggesting it's 100% exclusively about Brandon Marshall, but that too . . . is crap.

What success? Have you actually looked at his numbers this year? The guy has had one good season as an NFL QB. Last year. His 10th in the league.

He's running the 15th best offense in all of football. His QBR (a stat that admittedly is pretty dumb) is 78.1. His INT% is worse than Geno's last year. His YPA is half a yard less.

There is not one measure by which Ryan Fitzpatrick is having great success this year.

Just let it go. Geno Smith is/was/and will remain.... a non quarterbacking entity in the NFL.

That's fine. But it doesn't change the fact that he's the only QB you hold to a 2 year career standard. And like I said, he's basically Sam Bradford to this point in his career. Just with a greater willingness to throw the ball down the field.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 6 2015, 08:02 PM) *

Standing ovation.
(Kind of cuts to the heart of why I'm still a backer of Sammy B, despite the all-out SUCK this team is right now, too)
nephillymike
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System

Career Passer Ratings:

Fitzpatrick - 79.4
Bradford - 79.5

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...........................
Eagle2720
Though I'm not as big on Geno as mcnabbulous is, I also really like him coming out of college and wanted the Eagles to take a chance. I think he could still be at least average but I think being with the Jets and the situation he's had there has just screwed him for his career. I'm not sure if he ever have the confidence to be a great starting QB again.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 7 2015, 09:51 PM) *
This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System

Career Passer Ratings:

Fitzpatrick - 79.4
Bradford - 79.5

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...........................

Why Passer Rating is not a Good Stat
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Oct 7 2015, 09:22 PM) *
Though I'm not as big on Geno as mcnabbulous is, I also really like him coming out of college and wanted the Eagles to take a chance. I think he could still be at least average but I think being with the Jets and the situation he's had there has just screwed him for his career. I'm not sure if he ever have the confidence to be a great starting QB again.

That's not really how I see it. When I've watched him, he seems to mostly have good composure. His biggest problem is just forcing things and making mistakes. That's pretty natural for young QB's. Peyton Manning threw 100 interceptions through his first 5 years. That number is insane, and he's a top-3 QB of all time.

Fans are fickle though. We bitch about our QB's missing opportunities down the field, but then we also bitch when our young QB's make mistakes and throw interceptions. You can't have it both ways.

These kids coming out of college don't see the types of coverages that they deal with in the NFL. Additionally, the defenders are significantly faster. Throwing lanes close really fast.

Geno has a lot of growth to do as a QB, but he still has all the tools to be decent. And with his athletic ability, he would offer an additional threat in our offense that we could really use right now. I suspect it would help our run game dramatically.

Like I said, he gets an unreasonable amount of hate for a young QB. Especially one that had to play in that trainwreck of a situation in NY the past 2 years.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 8 2015, 10:45 AM) *
That's not really how I see it. When I've watched him, he seems to mostly have good composure. His biggest problem is just forcing things and making mistakes. That's pretty natural for young QB's. Peyton Manning threw 100 interceptions through his first 5 years. That number is insane, and he's a top-3 QB of all time.

Fans are fickle though. We bitch about our QB's missing opportunities down the field, but then we also bitch when our young QB's make mistakes and throw interceptions. You can't have it both ways.

These kids coming out of college don't see the types of coverages that they deal with in the NFL. Additionally, the defenders are significantly faster. Throwing lanes close really fast.

Geno has a lot of growth to do as a QB, but he still has all the tools to be decent. And with his athletic ability, he would offer an additional threat in our offense that we could really use right now. I suspect it would help our run game dramatically.

Like I said, he gets an unreasonable amount of hate for a young QB. Especially one that had to play in that trainwreck of a situation in NY the past 2 years.

I agree he did get thrown into a shitty situation, with expectations to save the Jets and lead them to the playoffs and beyond. I feel like not many rookie QBs do good when being thrown into the starting job, especially with not many pieces and a town like New York.

I'm trying to stay positive that Sam could be our guy but if he turns out not to be and is gone or not up to par this time next year, I would definitely be open to giving Geno a shot to compete as well. I've been a fan of him ever since he threw 8tds against Baylor. Just wasn't given a real shot with the position he he was put in.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Oct 8 2015, 10:22 AM) *
I agree he did get thrown into a shitty situation, with expectations to save the Jets and lead them to the playoffs and beyond. I feel like not many rookie QBs do good when being thrown into the starting job, especially with not many pieces and a town like New York.

I'm trying to stay positive that Sam could be our guy but if he turns out not to be and is gone or not up to par this time next year, I would definitely be open to giving Geno a shot to compete as well. I've been a fan of him ever since he threw 8tds against Baylor. Just wasn't given a real shot with the position he he was put in.

I can't envision a scenario where Chip would bring in Geno at this point. If he wanted the guy, he could be here.

I like him though. I would like to see him succeed, just because of the hate he's received. It's also beneficial for the league to have more good QB play.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 8 2015, 11:45 AM) *
I can't envision a scenario where Chip would bring in Geno at this point. If he wanted the guy, he could be here.

I like him though. I would like to see him succeed, just because of the hate he's received. It's also beneficial for the league to have more good QB play.

I don't get the part about wanting him to succeed "just because of the hate he's received"....by all accounts he has received the hate due to his interactions with teammates and his all around shitty behavior of entitlement.

He is his own worst enemy....much like Griffin.....I don't get these guys....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 8 2015, 01:17 PM) *
I don't get the part about wanting him to succeed "just because of the hate he's received"....by all accounts he has received the hate due to his interactions with teammates and his all around shitty behavior of entitlement.

He is his own worst enemy....much like Griffin.....I don't get these guys....

Outside of the obvious situation that happened recently (and doesn't really sound like he was at fault) I'm unaware of him having a bad reputation with his teammates. My understanding is that he is a hard worker.

What shitty behavior and entitlement are you referencing? Not saying it isn't the case, but I've just not heard that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.