Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We lost to a better team
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Let that sink in.

Worst team in the NFC Least

Real nice offseason moves Chip.

#Culture
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 4 2015, 04:10 PM) *
Let that sink in.

#Culture

That's why preseason doesn't men shit. You play the games and that determines who is good/bad.

The shit Falcons are 4-0.
mcnabbulous
I don't think our offseason moves are really to blame here. We lost to the same team last season.

We just aren't very good. Your expectations are off. As were mine. We have to ask ourselves why that was.
JeeQ
This is Chip The GM's handpicked team... and look at the team he's made
mcnabbulous
Yeah, Shady really would have helped us today.

*Shady didn't play today in Buffalo.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 4 2015, 01:26 PM) *
Yeah, Shady really would have helped us today.

*Shady didn't play today in Buffalo.

I agree... when you're the worst team in the worst division in the NFL not even Shady can save you

*The Eagles haven't shown up to play all season
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 4 2015, 03:29 PM) *
I agree... when you're the worst team in the worst division in the NFL not even Shady can save you

*The Eagles haven't shown up to play all season

Sure. But how is that related to our offseason moves. We weren't very good at the end of last season. How are we worse now?

Our defense didn't cause any pressure today. They couldn't get off the field. They we're awful against the pass. But how is that related to our offseason moves or Chip as a GM?
Gibbs
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 4 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Sure. But how is that related to our offseason moves. We weren't very good at the end of last season. How are we worse now?

Our defense didn't cause any pressure today. They couldn't get off the field. They we're awful against the pass. But how is that related to our offseason moves or Chip as a GM?

Chip think he's smarter than everyone. What has he won to deserve full power? Hail to the Redskins!
mcnabbulous
He knew our team wasn't good enough and he was willing to make risky personnel moves to try to make our team better. Namely, getting a different QB.

If anyone thinks this team is any better with Foles, they're as delusional as those of us who thought Bradford was a possible elite QB.

I would still rather go into a season with our roster than a dead end squad being led by Kirk Cousins. Fuck that garbage.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 4 2015, 04:10 PM) *
Let that sink in.

#Culture

Ignoring the OL is the problem. What other bad moves did the GM make?
Eyrie
Bradford for Foles was fine - we knew that Foles wasn't good enough.

I still think that we should have got a pick for McCoy as well as the injured Alonso, but the move to Murray and Mathews at RB was fine.

The secondary needed gutted and has been rebuilt.

We tried to keep Maclin and lost out to an even higher offer. There has to be some limit.

But that leaves the OL. I wanted a FA to replace Herremans and a rookie to provide depth whilst we got one last year out of Mathis. Kelly wanted both gone and didn't think about how to replace them.

Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 4 2015, 05:21 PM) *
Ignoring the OL is the problem. What other bad moves did the GM make?

Much of the, O-line issues has to do with blocking and positioning, not talent. Statistically, the 'heralded' players we lost on our o-line have not been having a great season. I suppose if we re-signed Herremans & Mathis continuity may have paid off dividends, but that doesn't solve the long term issues. We often look horrible in run/pass blocking. But....even the worst offensive lines aren't supposed to be a turnstile.
Gibbs
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 4 2015, 05:03 PM) *
He knew our team wasn't good enough and he was willing to make risky personnel moves to try to make our team better. Namely, getting a different QB.

If anyone thinks this team is any better with Foles, they're as delusional as those of us who thought Bradford was a possible elite QB.

I would still rather go into a season with our roster than a dead end squad being led by Kirk Cousins. Fuck that garbage.

Kirk Cousins threw for over 400 yards against the Eagles last year, and threw some darts on a 15 play 90 game winning drive yesterday. Aaron Rodgers he ain't, but he's better than that shit you have under centre.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Gibbs @ Oct 5 2015, 06:13 AM) *
Kirk Cousins threw for over 400 yards against the Eagles last year, and threw some darts on a 15 play 90 game winning drive yesterday. Aaron Rodgers he ain't, but he's better than that shit you have under centre.

Get the fuck out of here with this trash. Cousins is worthless. I don't give a shit about his 400 yard performance against our dogshit defensive backfield.

Cousins is the worst starting QB in football. The fact that our defense couldn't stop him says more about us than him.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2015, 02:39 PM) *
Cousins is the worst starting QB in football.

I'd take him over Geno Smith.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
TO's Sharpie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2015, 10:39 AM) *
Get the fuck out of here with this trash. Cousins is worthless. I don't give a shit about his 400 yard performance against our dogshit defensive backfield.

Cousins is the worst starting QB in football. The fact that our defense couldn't stop him says more about us than him.

He's in the bottom tier, but there are guys who are worse.
Phits
QUOTE (TO's Sharpie @ Oct 5 2015, 09:59 PM) *
He's in the bottom tier, but there are guys who are worse.

Yes, but he has the potential to be the best of the worst tongue.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 5 2015, 08:14 AM) *
Much of the, O-line issues has to do with blocking and positioning, not talent.

Aren't these two sides of the same coin?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.