Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 131
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Is Bradford's current QB rating on the day. In case you weren't sure if it's a dumb stat.
Phits
Stats are overrated

Sam Bradford's stats from this game: 15/28, 270 yards, 9.6 yards per attempt, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 122.6 rating.
nephillymike
So is

18-30

and 1-3.

That being said except for the partial blame for an important pass behind Sproles, he played well today. He almost got hit as much as Foles did last year when Foles rallied the team to a win vs. the Skins when Cousins lit us up last year.

mcnabbulous
He played for one half. That isn't acceptable. His numbers (specifically QB rating) are exponentially better than his play was.
GQSmooth
Is 15 for 28 passing a good day in your book?
nephillymike
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Oct 4 2015, 08:27 PM) *
Is 15 for 28 passing a good day in your book?

Of course you'd like to have a greater accuracy, but I realize when you take shots down field, the percentage will go down as opposed to all those behind the LOS passes he completes for 88% accuracy.

I think except for that one play, he played well today, especially given the shit OL we had.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 5 2015, 12:59 AM) *
So is

18-30

and 1-3.

That being said except for the partial blame for an important pass behind Sproles, he played well today. He almost got hit as much as Foles did last year when Foles rallied the team to a win vs. the Skins when Cousins lit us up last year.

That pass to Sproles has to be caught. He had a tight window between rushers to get that out. That scores as a drop for Darren. It hit his hands. He's paid to catch those balls. Fucking pathetic, and his 2nd drop on the day. At least his 4th on the year. Somebody has to make a play for Sam. They're not all gonna be in the basket without breaking stride.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 4 2015, 10:14 PM) *
That pass to Sproles has to be caught. He had a tight window between rushers to get that out. That scores as a drop for Darren. It hit his hands. He's paid to catch those balls. Fucking pathetic, and his 2nd drop on the day. At least his 4th on the year. Somebody has to make a play for Sam. They're not all gonna be in the basket without breaking stride.

Sproles has suspect hands.

They were last year and are again this year.

That being said, I put 70% of that on Sproles, 30% on Sam. It's a short throw, our accurate QB needs to be accurate there. Sproles could have missed it anyway as we know, but still.
D Rock
Sorry, Mike. It was a good throw. He had to thread it between on coming rushers. It was back hip, but within frame, and on the hands.

9 out of 10 backs make that catch, 9 out of 10 times.

I put blame there as 105% on Sproles. Bradford gets 5 for even getting a pass out in that scenario.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 4 2015, 10:45 PM) *
Sorry, Mike. It was a good throw. He had to thread it between on coming rushers. It was back hip, but within frame, and on the hands.

9 out of 10 backs make that catch, 9 out of 10 times.

I put blame there as 105% on Sproles. Bradford gets 5 for even getting a pass out in that scenario.

I disagree.

That is supposed to be his asset. We've heard about it all preseason. Pinpoint accuracy ready to run with it on the money in short an intermediate range. As of last week he was 33% 10-20 yards.

But I'll shutup. He played well so I won't argue this. Sam played well enough to win with an OL that sucked balls.
D Rock
It was pin point. He put it through a window that was 18" wide. Wtf!?!?
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 5 2015, 04:38 AM) *
That being said, I put 70% of that on Sproles, 30% on Sam. It's a short throw, our accurate QB needs to be accurate there. Sproles
could have missed it anyway as we know, but still.

I don't remember how old I was, maybe 7 or 8, when I was first told that if the ball hits both of your hands there is no excuse for
not making the catch.

That concept was drilled into my head from that young age until I stopped playing football. I am sure I am not the only one that had that
beaten into their head.
D Rock
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 5 2015, 11:57 AM) *
I don't remember how old I was, maybe 7 or 8, when I was first told that if the ball hits both of your hands there is no excuse for
not making the catch.

That concept was drilled into my head from that young age until I stopped playing football. I am sure I am not the only one that had that
beaten into their head.

yup
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 4 2015, 11:38 PM) *
Sproles has suspect hands.

They were last year and are again this year.

That being said, I put 70% of that on Sproles, 30% on Sam. It's a short throw, our accurate QB needs to be accurate there. Sproles could have missed it anyway as we know, but still.

I agree to a point but more like 80/20 or even 90/10.

Forgive but I watch a LOT of football and if he catches that ball, as he should have, it makes NO highlight reels, it's not even a mention, not even an after thought.

Ball should have been caught period, end of discussion, as should have the one to Matthews on the next series that he allowed to get to his body instead of, like any good receiver would have done, extended his arms and caught the ball with his hands.

Philly fans are nuts, I've come to learn that Sam Bradford is the devil and responsible for all evil on earth.

Pathetic really...some of you guys still live in the dark ages of "we need a running QB.." because someone shoved that nonsense up your collective asses from 3 seasons ago.

Did any of you pea brains come up for air and WATCH what the hell has happened to ALL the running QB's?

Kapernick sucks donkey-dick, one of the bottom 2-3 QB's in all of football.

RG3? Really? He'll be lucky if he can walk when he's 30 years old.

That gig is up my friends, the NFL is not a gimmick league, any of these fads get doused QUICKLY once film becomes available.

But what's the use, you guys got it all figured out..
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 5 2015, 06:25 PM) *
I agree to a point but more like 80/20 or even 90/10.

Forgive but I watch a LOT of football and if he catches that ball, as he should have, it makes NO highlight reels, it's not even a mention, not even an after thought.

Ball should have been caught period, end of discussion, as should have the one to Matthews on the next series that he allowed to get to his body instead of, like any good receiver would have done, extended his arms and caught the ball with his hands.

Philly fans are nuts, I've come to learn that Sam Bradford is the devil and responsible for all evil on earth.

Pathetic really...some of you guys still live in the dark ages of "we need a running QB.." because someone shoved that nonsense up your collective asses from 3 seasons ago.

Did any of you pea brains come up for air and WATCH what the hell has happened to ALL the running QB's?

That gig is up my friends, the NFL is not a gimmick league, any of these fads get doused QUICKLY once film becomes available.

Ok I ask you this question.

10 is an All Pro Level, 1 is a worst starting QB in the league level.

Rate Bradford for how he has played regular season to date.
Phits
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 5 2015, 07:25 PM) *

Did somebody pee on your cornflakes?

Mobile QB's are not a gimmick (see Cam Newton or Russel Wilson). They add another dimension to a QB's ability. It's the natural evolution of the position...like RB's that can catch. The problem is that a lot of people decisions see a fast, elusive player who plays the QB position and they leave it at that. There is no mobile QB guru to re-invent the role to make it more efficient...like they did for weaker arm QB's and the west coast offence.

Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 5 2015, 07:36 PM) *

He gets a 3, for his play thus far. Though he has had 2 halves of football where he looks like a solid 8.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 5 2015, 11:38 PM) *
He gets a 3, for his play thus far. Though he has had 2 halves of football where he looks like a solid 8.

Sounds like a solid 5.

Exactly how I'd score it.

when he's looked his worst, the o line was sucking nards, receivers were dropping balls, and nobody could make a play.

Against the jets, he was playing scared having suffered the previous 2 beatings. The team got better, he did not. Week 4, the team reverted and he came alive like he did 2nd half in Atlanta.

If the line protects, and receivers decide to catch an occasionally slightly-less-than-perfect pass, that 90% of other PROFESSIONAL PASS RECEIVERS catch . . . it's all good.

We are still winning this dog shit division.

Sam got beaten like a bad dog (sorry mike Vick) for 3 years. Then was off the field for 2. I can't imagine why he'd have a slow start.

hunch.gif hunch.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Oct 6 2015, 12:25 AM) *

Yet Kelly has never come out and said that he needs a running QB. What he has consistently said he wants is quick decisions, accuracy and no turnovers.

If Bradford settles down and stops worrying we could have a good QB. Mind you, with our current OL any QB would be nervous.
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 5 2015, 06:36 PM) *

Speed Kills, Still no answer?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.