Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RF, Hobbes,Joegrane,MD,SamIAm,Birdwatcher, makeitrain
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
any one up for a get together at Chickies this Friday?

x is coming to town and a few of us are getting together for some food and beers.
md717
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 4 2015, 12:56 PM) *

x is coming to town and a few of us are getting together for some food and beers.
That would be fun.

As of now I'm uncertain as to whether I'll be in PA that night. Traditionally we (Mrs. MD and I) travel to Block Island on Columbus Day weekend to celebrate our anniversary. But there are things going on in both of our professional lives that might preempt that trip this year.

If I'm in the state and you're successful rounding up a few folks, I'll do my best to make it!

Zero
I'm looking forward to it as long as it's not too late. Any time thoughts?
nephillymike
I can get down there by 7:30
Joegrane
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 4 2015, 12:56 PM) *

I assume you mean the one in S Philly. I work a few blocks from the one in Audubon.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 4 2015, 09:12 PM) *
I assume you mean the one in S Philly. I work a few blocks from the one in Audubon.

Yes, S. Philly.
nephillymike
Bump for the no replies........................
xsv
Not sure about the time. 8pm sounds about right.
HobbEs
Hmmm...not sure if I can make it.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 5 2015, 08:01 PM) *
Bump for the no replies........................

I might be able to make it, will let you know

Thanks for the invite
mcnabbulous
Wish I could join. I really did consider trying to make a trip up for this game. I'm heading to Tallahassee for the Miami/FSU game instead.
Robberson
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 6 2015, 10:12 AM) *
Wish I could join.

You weren't invited.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 6 2015, 12:28 PM) *
You weren't invited.

Who are you?
nephillymike
Hobbes, it would be good to see you again.

MD it's been far too long.

BW would be good to finally meet you.

People are nicer in person. They can't act like asses or they'll get decked.

Should be a good time.

As for the other non responders, we know where you live!!

'Tis better to meet the drunken uncle at a neutral site than to have the drunken uncle knock on your door
Zero
At best, 8 PM is one beer and see ya.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 6 2015, 08:03 PM) *
At best, 8 PM is one beer and see ya.

Huh?

What do you have a curfew??
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 6 2015, 08:34 PM) *

Should be a good time.

'Tis better to meet the drunken uncle at a neutral site than to have the drunken uncle knock on your door

I am trying to work it out.....Friday at 8 in Philly is a rough one for me.....

and I may be a bigger ass in person....lol....but yes...I agree...people with big mouths are usually very differnt when they are on the bar stool next to you...lol

and if you knock on my door my basset hound will tear your leg off...lolol
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 6 2015, 09:18 PM) *
Huh?

What do you have a curfew??

Very early start on Saturday.
xsv
Zero, I'll take one one beer, my friend.

Anyone is invited. I'll have my wife and son there.

First round for board members is on me.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 6 2015, 08:34 PM) *

Should be a good time.

Looks like I might be able to make it tonight, so tell me, how can I tell who you guys are when I get there?
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 9 2015, 11:35 AM) *
Looks like I might be able to make it tonight, so tell me, how can I tell who you guys are when I get there?

We'll be the ones with crab fries and a beer. wink.gif

I'll try to leave a message with the hostess that we're the deadbeats waiting for friends with money. I'll be wearing a Trotter jersey. Also, check your messages.
xsv
Made it to Philly. Getting settled in now. Will probably be at c&p a little early.

I'll be the one legged guy on crutches with the super hot wife.
Robberson
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 6 2015, 10:17 PM) *
and I may be a bigger ass in person....lol....but yes...I agree...people with big mouths are usually very differnt when they are on the bar stool next to you...lol

I'd imagine you're quite the gentle little beta male when off your keyboard. Too bad I couldn't come - but I'm sure you hear that all the time at home.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Robberson @ Oct 9 2015, 06:49 PM) *
I'd imagine you're quite the gentle little beta male when off your keyboard. Too bad I couldn't come - but I'm sure you hear that all the time at home.

Yep...in person I am a shrinking violet.....but for you I would make an exception.......and no one expected you to come out....it is past your curfew.....

Even the village idiot has to listen to mom and dad.....

and I wish I heard that sometimes...it might be easier to clear my social calendar.....but for some reason they all keep calling....don't be jealous.....I say you know how that is but we both know that is not the case.....
xsv
We're in the first booth on the right, as soon as you walk in. Look for my crutches.
nephillymike
Good to see everyone.

Chris and Ward its been too long and Pete, good to finally meet you.

Wish we had more time but I'm sure X and Mrs X will have a great time partying on South Street and hopefully Z doesn't drown in kayaking tomorrow.

Maybe X will bring us luck on Sunday. Hopefully his first Eagle game will be as special for X Jr as it was for my son years ago.
Birdman420
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, Just had surgery and am on the mend. Responded to an earlier post to meet up with you guys to no avail as well but next time I'll head down and buy you all a round.
md717
Sorry I missed it.

Hope there will be another opportunity soon!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 9 2015, 11:27 PM) *
Good to see everyone.

Chris and Ward its been too long and Pete, good to finally meet you.

Wish we had more time but I'm sure X and Mrs X will have a great time partying on South Street and hopefully Z doesn't drown in kayaking tomorrow.

Maybe X will bring us luck on Sunday. Hopefully his first Eagle game will be as special for X Jr as it was for my son years ago.

Apparently we have to make sure that family X, NE, BW and Z all gather for vodka, beers, crab fries, lobster, shrimp and mussels before every game.

I still think a similar event should be planned pre-draft. Do we need to elect a (board) community organizer to get this done? laugh.gif
HobbEs
Hope you guys had a good time. Friday nights are usually bad for me but if anyone wants to organize a Saturday outing then let me know. Gotta get my old azz out of hibernation somehow. cheers.gif
xsv
Good seeing you guys, too.

nephillymike
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 12 2015, 05:07 PM) *
Good seeing you guys, too.

Did your son enjoy his first game?

How was South St?
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 12 2015, 07:51 PM) *
Did your son enjoy his first game?

How was South St?

My son had a blast.

South street was better than expected.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 12 2015, 09:19 PM) *
My son had a blast.

South street was better than expected.

South Street never disappoints, hope you stopped at Lorenzo's for a slice, best pizza on South St...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.