Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blasting the OL schemes
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Wow, This guy doesn't hold back.
"Chip Kelly, this is a Pop Warner snap count, essentially," Schlereth said. "Itís the same snap count on every play, and defensive linemen tee off on you. Youíre letting them control the line of scrimmage, youíre letting them get penetration in your backfield on a consistent basis because you donít change your snap count."

Here ...
nephillymike
Yeah, I heard that live.

Even me who has a critical voice from time to time thought it was over the top.

I felt like asking him if Chip slept with his wife or something.

I love Decamera, he has the best show around IMO, but I thought he missed out on an opportunity. I would have asked Stink, why was it that the holes the OL's generated the last two years under this scheme were some of the biggest in the league. Sure Shady was a part of it, but much like the wide open receivers we've seen, our RB's the last two years, for the most part, had large holes to run through. I don't think it took the league two years to catch up. IMO, with the right personnel, it works. Good point about snap count, lack of audibles, and predictability, but I think with good personnel, the scheme works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.