Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are we being too critical of Davis?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Maybe I have been. I realize the D hasn't been playing against A Team offenses yet but I also take into consideration that the players and coaches are still getting to know each other. I'm not anywhere near ready to start calling them 'Doom' stuff but I think there's plenty of evidence that there has been significant improvement. I'd like to see more of Graham's name called, but overall these guys are doing better than last year.

Here's something that this DKD found interesting on Davis and what he's doing to create pass rush. Check out the last video of Curry's bull rush. Linc ...
CT_Eagle
Davis has a long track record and none of it is very good. This year's defense has played well but I am still in a wait and see mode. I would love
it if Davis finally gets his shit together.
Reality Fan
They have 5 sacks to date...QBs are completing 65% of their passes against them...and they are giving up over 270 YPG

Their pass rush is not something to laud....it is something to fix.....

I think it was foolish for the guy to write an article on them other than to say they need work....
nephillymike
I like him as a stand up guy.

I just have visions of Fletch one on one with Dez over and over last year, costing us the division.

I would think that that's the kind of thing they teach the first day on the job.

I hope he turns it around as he is very likable but he has a ways to go.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 2 2015, 09:19 AM) *
Maybe I have been. I realize the D hasn't been playing against A Team offenses yet but I also take into consideration that the players and coaches are still getting to know each other. ... there's plenty of evidence that there has been significant improvement. I'd like to see more of Graham's name called, but overall these guys are doing better than last year.

I agree, especially about Graham. I thought he would be a stud. He has been rather quiet.

I recall the Jim Johnson D that would give up yards on the ground but the pass rush and secondary were solid. Andy's O would put up points and usually have the lead in the 4th Qt. At that point it was about protecting a lead. They usually got it done.

Last year this D was okay vs the run but they did not need that so much. Opponents had to throw to try to make up the deficit.

I can't say I understand why Chip wants to focus on stopping the run so much. They then leave a CB on an island and become vulnerable to a bomb.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.