Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Little Sunshine for Post Win Tuesday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
So I was looking at the remaining schedule to see what my new projection would be given the first three game performances by us and our upcoming opponents.

I went to the two sources I normally go to for projected lines of upcoming games, Sagarin Sports and Covers.com'

These sources give a numeric value to each team and the difference between the values of two teams is the point spread on a neutral field. Then you add the normal 3 points to the home team and you get the expected margin of victory or defeat.

I was pleasantly shocked at the results of this little exercise and the ending records it computed.

Both sources agreed on 9 outcomes of our remaining 13 games. The opponent, outcome and the two margins of victory or defeat are listed. (Covers 1st, then Sagarin)

Projected Wins:
@WAS, W by 3, W by 2
vs NO, W by 9 and W by 8
vs NYG, W by 7 and W by 5
@ CAR, L by 2.5, L by 2
vs. MIA, W by 6, W by 6
vs TB, W by 10, W by 12
@ DET, W by 2.5, W by 1
@ NE, L by 7.5, L by 9
vs. BUF W by 1.5, W by 1
vs. WAS, W by 9, W by 8

Those with differences
@ DAL W by 2.5, L by 4
vs ARI Tie, L by 1
@ NYG W by 1, L by 1

So if you roll forward these projections, Covers has us finishing 11-4-1, and Sagarin 9-7.

My projections were not as rosey, but we'll leave that out of a Sunshine Tuesday post.

I don't know what they're smoking, but somehow the Eagles grade out much better to the number crunching websites.

As of right now, I'll take all of the compliments we can get.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 29 2015, 11:01 PM) *
I don't know what they're smoking, but somehow the Eagles grade out much better to the number crunching websites.

I ain't Mikey Numbers, but maybe those guys think that as these new Eagles get to know each other and the system that they'll start playing pretty well together.
nd9kel
Well, based on our performance so far, and the talent level on the roster, we do have a high ceiling...potentially.

Hopefully we stay relatively healthy so the development can progress.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 30 2015, 08:28 AM) *
as these new Eagles get to know each other and the system that they'll start playing pretty well together.

Bingo!
Robberson
It's hard to take any analysis seriously that predicts a game ending in a tie, but whatever makes you happy in between games. wink.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Robberson @ Sep 30 2015, 06:41 PM) *
It's hard to take any analysis seriously that predicts a game ending in a tie, but whatever makes you happy in between games. wink.gif

Hey Everybody! We have a new candidate for "boards biggest Ass Hole."

Who says mid week can't be fun?

Hey "rObBeRsOn" You are a dick!

laugh.gif

Look, we all get that YOU think you're smarter than Chip. But you're the only one that does. That's why you gittin the big money, playa.

laugh.gif

Now go take your angry, know nothing, little ass on back from whence you came.
Robberson
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2015, 03:23 PM) *
Hey Everybody! We have a new candidate for "boards biggest Ass Hole."

laugh.gif

Here's a prediction: once your knees heal and you wash your lower back you'll be a lot less cranky. 12-4 here we come! Let Captain dRoCk take you places!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.