Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RB Controversy?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
Some people are saying we have a RB controversy after Matthews performance. I don't think so.

Matthews was once a Pro Bowl RB.

I think Murray would have had almost as many yards rushing and more yards passing. The O Line wasn't typically providing very big holes but Matthews hit them hard and often got a couple of extra yds after contact.

Murray clearly has better hands and makes more people miss in the open field

Matthews is like a TE once he gets into the secondary. He looks to initiate contact and punish a DB.

They knew they had two RBs with ability to start. They knew they would have to split the reps.

Matthews has now earned more carries than he got in the first two games. Demarco can't complain about that.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 27 2015, 08:08 PM) *
Some people are saying we have a RB controversy after Matthews performance. I don't think so.

Matthews was once a Pro Bowl RB.

I think Murray would have had almost as many yards rushing and more yards passing. The O Line wasn't typically providing very big holes but Matthews hit them hard and often got a couple of extra yds after contact.

Murray clearly has better hands and makes more people miss in the open field

Matthews is like a TE once he gets into the secondary. He looks to initiate contact and punish a DB.

They knew they had two RBs with ability to start. They knew they would have to split the reps.

Matthews has now earned more carries than he got in the first two games. Demarco can't complain about that.

Murray doesn't hit those holes today like Mathews. I also don't think he would be quick enough to be open on the wheel route, but he may be.

I think Chip the coach will use Murray more as he has to cover for Chip the GM.
mcnabbulous
Murray is a better receiver, Mathews is a bit quicker through the hole, Mathews has fumbling problems, Murray has injury problems.

They'll both see time. Today was a step in the right direction though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.