Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offensive line
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
I've rightly been hard on them for piss poor play this season, but they managed to get the job done today.

Still too much penetration on running plays, but there were gaps for Matthews to run through and Bradford had time to throw the ball.
nephillymike
They did a great job in pass pro and an OK job in the run game, albeit against an excellent D.

If we go back to Murray and generate those same fast closing holes, he won't be able to hit them in time.

If he is healthy, I pacify him by throwing him the ball out of the back field but I definitely give Mathews the majority of the carries.
Zero
Mathews had a nice game. He's definitely got some giddyup. Both he and Sproles hit the holes quick. I hope Murray gets there soon too. That troika will be hard to stop.
Pbfan
This is why the Demarco Murray pickup was such a terrible idea- our O line is going to save us or kill us this season. In my opinion, itll be much more important than who is there in the backfield.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 27 2015, 06:27 PM) *
I've rightly been hard on them for piss poor play this season, but they managed to get the job done today.

Still too much penetration on running plays, but there were gaps for Matthews to run through and Bradford had time to throw the ball.

I was unimpressed by the O Line in the second half. I hope the Jets D Line is as good as the announcers indicated or we will see more lackluster play from the offense next week.

... our O line is going to save us or kill us this season. In my opinion, itll be much more important than who is there in the backfield.

I've been saying similar things since the loss of Matthis. It is more important than Bradford vs Sanchez.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.