Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I have no idea of how, but I have to believe we will win some how.

There were times during Reid's time here that there seemed to be no way and we pulled one out to give hope.

I think the Jets DL dominates our OL.

I think their DB's dominate our WR.

I think that our D does well against their O.

The above does not equal a win.

But, two ST/DEF TD's by us does, or at least two gimme TD's set up by DST does.

Eagles 23
Jets 21

We survive and escape with hope.

What if Sports has us having a 48% chance of winning. Not too bad.

Traditionally a 2 point dog wins in the low 40%'s of the time.

An 0-2 on the road vs a 2-0 is a tough trend.

At 0-2, we have a 12% shot at the playoffs.

At 0-3, there have only been five teams EVER to make the playoffs. Don't want to go there.

I can't fathom a loss and another sports season down the drain.

We have to win.
Eyrie
I predict I'll be watching more in hope than optimism, but no more than that.

We need to get our offense functioning and that will be a struggle with the Jets better in the trenches and their secondary able to shut down our WRs.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 26 2015, 05:07 AM) *
I predict I'll be watching more in hope than optimism, but no more than that.

We need to get our offense functioning and that will be a struggle with the Jets better in the trenches and their secondary able to shut down our WRs.

BTW, do you get to see all of the games over there?

Do you have to buy a special TV package?

How any NFL games can you watch?
Eyrie
We get Thursday Night, one early game, one late kick off, Sunday Night and Monday Night live over here on Sky Sports which is a subscription channel. It also shows a lot of rugby and soccer, so is well worth having for me.

However they don't always show the Eagles games which means that I also have NFL's Gamepass which enables me to stream every Eagles game live, unless it's being shown by Sky. This is particularly handy for the night games as there is a condensed option which only shows the plays with very few repeats and no adverts, so only takes 30 minutes or so the next evening to catch up.

JeeQ
Eagles win this because they absolutely have to... let me rephrase that actually... Chip wins this game because he absolutely has to
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 26 2015, 08:21 AM) *
We get Thursday Night, one early game, one late kick off, Sunday Night and Monday Night live over here on Sky Sports which is a subscription channel. It also shows a lot of rugby and soccer, so is well worth having for me.

However they don't always show the Eagles games which means that I also have NFL's Gamepass which enables me to stream every Eagles game live, unless it's being shown by Sky. This is particularly handy for the night games as there is a condensed option which only shows the plays with very few repeats and no adverts, so only takes 30 minutes or so the next evening to catch up.

So the Game Pass for the night games are shown in the wee hours of the AM over there, thus the benefit of the 30 minute version to watch that night? Doesn't it stink to know the outcome before you watch the 30 minute version?
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2015, 07:52 PM) *
So the Game Pass for the night games are shown in the wee hours of the AM over there, thus the benefit of the 30 minute version to watch that night? Doesn't it stink to know the outcome before you watch the 30 minute version?

Correct - I could watch the night games live but the five hour time difference is a killer.

By being careful where I surf it's simple to avoid the result the next day when I'm in the office. That means I can watch the condensed version as soon as I get home whilst being blissfully ignorant of the outcome.
Robberson
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 25 2015, 10:58 PM) *
I have no idea of how, but I have to believe we will win some how.

laugh.gif

I'm reminded of the exchange between Neo and The Architect in Matrix: Reloaded.

"Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness."

The Jets look pretty legit, now that they don't have that dead-weight Geno Smith sucking up the joint. This could be the ugliest game we've seen in some time. Personally, I think Chip is headed towards a media meltdown that makes Jim Mora's and Dennis Green's look mild. He better pull a rabbit out of his ass tomorrow.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.