Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One thing not being talked about which is a concern
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It's one thing to think that a player will be an upgrade over a previous player.

It's one thing for Chip to think that Bradford is an elite QB, or at a minimum a worlds better QB than Foles, or that Gardner and Barbre is better than Mathis and Heremans.

Some didn't think so, but OK, whatever.

But not only did Chip use these guys to replace what we had, he gave Barbre last year and Gardner this year extensions. Had Bradford and his agent not balked, Chip was willing to ante up upper teens of millions per year for Bradford to sign a long term deal.

So you have what their NFL track record says is a reach to begin with and then you compound that with extension offers.

Besides getting better at the initial evaluation, Chip the GM needs to be patient and not use an extension as proof that his boys can play. Let their play in games that count determine the latter.

One other thing. We have a zone CB as our highest paid press man CB.

How the hell does that happen. Is it possible that either Jeff or Howie would remember Assomugah? (sp?) Maybe Howie was silenced. Was Shurmer here then? Lurie brain dead? That is blatant.
mcnabbulous
The extension for Gardner was a show me offer. They gave him like $500k guaranteed.

Besides, those guys are not the [edit: problem] you're making them out to be. They just the preconceived idea that you and others had.
nephillymike
I was wrong.

They are both solid starting guards in the NFL and their play thus far has cemented that tag.

Whatever mistakes we may think we are seeing on film are scheme issues as the NFL has suddenly caught on to Chip's schemes.

I should know better than to critically watch the game and should definitely know better than to listen and/or watch shows where people with good football pedigree and hours of Eagles game film study opine on the play of the team and the performance of it's players.

Jaworski
Baldinger
Didinger
Brooks
Joyner
Westbrook

All of them are a bunch of guys out to get the Eagles and rip their players and have zero football analytical skills.

My bad.

Maybe the better approach for you would be to say that I know the guys I thought would be solid starters at guard for us have really played like shit, but I think it is just a slow jelling process and I am confident that they will turn it around in the near future.

I apologize that I don't remember where you live , but do yourself a favor and make a habit of listening to the podcasts of the local sports talk radio shows and listen to the segments that have the "experts" on to get an opinion from someone who has watched the tape several times. They are available as internet feeds. If you can listen real time, better yet.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 23 2015, 10:21 PM) *
I apologize that I don't remember where you live , but do yourself a favor and make a habit of listening to the podcasts of the local sports talk radio shows and listen to the segments that have the "experts" on to get an opinion from someone who has watched the tape several times. They are available as internet feeds. If you can listen real time, better yet.

you mean like Gargano telling you Mathis played well when even Mathis said he played like shit?

Your PFF had Barbre as one of their top performers for the Eagles.....I missed Mathis as one for Denver....maybe Herremans was one for Indy.....Nope....

I have watched and listened to a bunch of the talking heads and while there has been some talk of the guards due to them being the obvious change most has been about the Eagles running attack going wide, predictability and lack of a deep threat...

and that include the NFL channel......

D Rock
Breath, Mike. Breath.

It'll be fine. Bradford's "elite" ability is seen almost universally. The concern is health. (Whistling past the grave yard). So far, so good there. He sucked last week. So did everybody else. I'm staring Sam in fan duel this week.

12 win bus rolls on. Spewin sparks on 2 1/2 wheels, coughing black smoke, and leaking gas, but Rollin on.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 23 2015, 11:21 PM) *
I was wrong.

They are both solid starting guards in the NFL and their play thus far has cemented that tag.

Whatever mistakes we may think we are seeing on film are scheme issues as the NFL has suddenly caught on to Chip's schemes.

I should know better than to critically watch the game and should definitely know better than to listen and/or watch shows where people with good football pedigree and hours of Eagles game film study opine on the play of the team and the performance of it's players.

Jaworski
Baldinger
Didinger
Brooks
Joyner
Westbrook

All of them are a bunch of guys out to get the Eagles and rip their players and have zero football analytical skills.

My bad.

Maybe the better approach for you would be to say that I know the guys I thought would be solid starters at guard for us have really played like shit, but I think it is just a slow jelling process and I am confident that they will turn it around in the near future.

It's only the third game of the season with a gazillion new players on the team. Before we start our Ben dive at least we should wait a while. You may be right, they may be right but it's too early to know if it stays that way.

Signed: DKDZ
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 24 2015, 01:54 AM) *
Breath, Mike. Breath.

It'll be fine. Bradford's "elite" ability is seen almost universally. The concern is health. (Whistling past the grave yard). So far, so good there. He sucked last week. So did everybody else. I'm staring Sam in fan duel this week.

12 win bus rolls on. Spewin sparks on 2 1/2 wheels, coughing black smoke, and leaking gas, but Rollin on.

cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.