Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reid Take A Good Long Look
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
AustinFan
Maybe in a decade.

He's the winniest coach in the regular season since 2000, 4 NFCCG games and a trip to the Superbowl, not exactly the same track record as Ed (8 seasons and 0 playoffs) Wade.

Exactly who are you going to replace him with? Mike Holmgren? Herm Edwards?
J_Cuz
Gruden replaced Dungy.... and Andy's looking MIGHTY DUNGY these days.

Catch my drift

wink.gif
The Rock
Itis one game, maybe one so-so season. But it does not compare to Ed Wade's horrible performance. Reid has been very good. I wish he would be quicker to make changes when needed and not hold on to playing guys when they should sit.

But HoooooRay! Man I thought we were stuck with wade after he was resigned. Now new coach will come I would expect as well.

Hopefully they do not hired another dud GM or else it will be another 5 yrs (at minimum) until a change.
Birdbrain
Reid's coaching could improve, sure, but I saw a lot of pathetic athletic efforts out there, especially from our defense...and that ain't Andy Reid's fault...this isn't high school, where you need a coach to wipe your nose every play...these are grown men who shouldn't be playing like they've had their manhood removed...ESPECIALLY against the Cowboys! devil03.gif
J_Cuz
QUOTE (Birdbrain @ Oct 10 2005, 03:08 PM)
I saw a lot of pathetic athletic efforts out there, especially from our defense...and that ain't Andy Reid's fault

These gutless performances have been piling up over the years. In my book such heartlessness is unacceptable against the Cowboys.

It's really pretty cut and dry.

I don't care if someone new comes in and revamps the team so long as we fight to the death against the Cowboys.

Perhaps all those people who have believed that a Super Bowl Championship is a foregone conclusion all these years are the ones who have been "overreacting?" ever thought about that?
The Rock
Your out of line to suggest Reid's situation is close to Ed Wade's! I am certain that Reid could do more then change light bulb at home. I bet he could switch out batteries from the closet flashlight easily if he had to or hang a picture straight and a few other tasks.
JDEagles
oh my god!!! The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!

Thats a really good idea, let's fire Andy reid...You know, the fat guy who has had his team win more games in this decade then any other team. The guy who you all loved when he had Feely go 4-1 as a starter, i believe he was COY that year too.

You guys are so brilliant, im jealous at times. Relax, you're just pissed because its the cowboys.

BTW, who compared AR to Ed wade...That is the stupidest thing i have ever read. Ed wade is a moron, Andy reid is the best coach ever in Philly, in any sport.
Larry
Ried just received a big extension, which has to be paid even if he's fired, so he's going nowhere soon.
Eyrie
Remember this little snippet from the second quarter? A sideline report from Pam Oliver that "Jim Johnson is glaring at his players". Maybe it was the execution and not the tactics.
J_Cuz
QUOTE (JDEagles @ Oct 10 2005, 03:39 PM)
Andy reid is the best coach ever in Philly, in any sport.

Now that's what I call an OVERREACTION!

Let's list "the Greatest" for this kid

1) Fred Shero Flyers
2) Billy Cunningham Sixers
3) Greasy Neale Eagles
4) Dallas Green Phillies
5) Dick Vermiel Eagles
6) Larry Brown Sixers

All of the above have won Championships, all by themselves, as head coaches, like Big Boys...

To the best of my recollection your "best coach in Philly ever" has not...

not to mention he got his doors blown off by a bunch of Dallas retreads.

another round of kool aid shots for the kid from my alma mater!!!

cheers.gif
Eyrie
JCuz, I think you're just venting today but gotta agree with Reid being behind Neale (and also Shaw). Disagree on Vermeil though and can't comment on the non-football guys.

To get up there Reid has to win the big one.
J_Cuz
QUOTE (Larry @ Oct 10 2005, 03:43 PM)
Ried just received a big extension, which has to be paid even if he's fired, so he's going nowhere soon.

Theoretically Lurie has to do SOMETHING with that twelve mill he's been hoarding.
Birdbrain
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 10 2005, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Birdbrain @ Oct 10 2005, 03:08 PM)
I saw a lot of pathetic athletic efforts out there, especially from our defense...and that ain't Andy Reid's fault

These gutless performances have been piling up over the years. In my book such heartlessness is unacceptable against the Cowboys.

It's really pretty cut and dry.

I don't care if someone new comes in and revamps the team so long as we fight to the death against the Cowboys.

Perhaps all those people who have believed that a Super Bowl Championship is a foregone conclusion all these years are the ones who have been "overreacting?" ever thought about that?

You'd think a team who spends so much time tackling a beast like Breast Cancer would be more capable of tackling a bunch of chicks in cowboys uniforms for a few hours on the week's laziest day....oh well....(sigh)..... devil03.gif
J_Cuz
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 10 2005, 04:17 PM)
JCuz, I think you're just venting today but gotta agree with Reid being behind Neale (and also Shaw). Disagree on Vermeil though and can't comment on the non-football guys.

To get up there Reid has to win the big one.

Vermiel has jewels on his fingers. ALL OF THOSE GUYS DO.

Reid has not produced a champion and now he can't even fuccking compete with the Cowboys.

I am not venting but rather I am failing to see the value in keeping this dipshit around at this point.

Eyrie
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 10 2005, 10:29 PM)
Vermiel has jewels on his fingers.

Not from here he doesn't. Vermeil took us to the SuperBowl where we lost like Reid did last year.

Might as well claim Gruden was a better Eagles head coach whilst you're at it.
D Rock
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 10 2005, 07:46 PM)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/ap_on_...lies_wade_fired

You're trippin if you think Reid has done anything to warrant talk of "letting him go."

Simply TRIPPIN.

rolleyes.gif
J_Cuz
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

LOSING TO THE COWBOYS BY TWENTY THREE POINTS ALWAYS WARRANTS TALK OF DISMISSAL, NO EXEPTIONS.

If Reid doesn't like it I am quite easily shut up.

Just beat the fucking Cowboys.

He gets a second chance but MARK MY MOTHERFUCKING WORDS:

HE LOSES TO DALLAS AGAIN THE SEASON, PLAYOFFS OR OTHERWISE AND HE WILL HAVE ALOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO.
D Rock
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 10 2005, 10:32 PM)

HE LOSES TO DALLAS AGAIN THE SEASON, PLAYOFFS OR OTHERWISE AND HE WILL HAVE ALOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO.

Explaining to do? To who? You?

tiger please......

rolleyes.gif

There you go again with that over inflated sense of self worth.

Get this CUZ.....

Andy Reid doesn't give a rat's ass about what you think of him or the job he is doing.

Why would he?

hunch.gif

His on field success speaks louder than your emotional outburst.

This weeks loss blows. We're all together on that. I just don't see the house falling in on itself quite yet however.
J_Cuz
You are welcom to your opinion, however there are some serious holes in the roof, and ANYONE who is satisfied with a coach who loses two games in a season to the Cowoys is not the same type of fan as I am.

Time for Andy to start owning up to these major shits on the carpet from his teams to AT LEAST the 50% of the fan base with standards.
D Rock
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 11 2005, 12:42 AM)
You are welcom to your opinion, however there are some serious holes in the roof, and ANYONE who is satisfied with a coach who loses two games in a season to the Cowoys is not the same type of fan as I am.

Time for Andy to start owning up to these major shits on the carpet from his teams to AT LEAST the 50% of the fan base with standards.

Bwahahhahahaaa

Last time I checked, Andy won 10 of the last 12 games vs. the turds.

Lets wait until he actually looses "two games in one season" before making him out to be the anti christ.

When/if he does, I'll be as pizzed as you. Until then however, I'll hold my water.

If you (and your "percentage" of the fan base) have problems with season win totals of 11, 11, 12, 12 and 13 over the past 5 seasons, then your "standads" may be a bit unachievably high.

Do I really have to remind you that no other team has even approached that level of reg season success????

Look bro, I want a lombardi as much as you do. I simply believe that tearing apart this ship, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, is an alarmist reaction to one bad loss in which our biggest gun is mis firing.

Anyone with any semblance of emotional fortitude will realize that andy, for all his faults (I've long been on record regarding his handful of significant faults) can not be held responsible for the injury portion of the equation.

With the Don running at half speed, we may not have our lombardi season in '05. Does it blow chunks? Damn straight. Should andy be let go because of it? Hell No!!!!

As for Andy "owning up to these major shits on the carpet"..,....... He has done so after EVERY loss under his tutelage. It's not as if he's blaming sundays on field fiasco on the refs, players or other contributing factor.

TGryn
You know what they say: coaches who start listening to the fans are soon sitting among them.
Sandor
I guess the following holds true for the football fans as well.
user posted image
Sandor
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 10 2005, 07:42 PM)

Nice to see you already predicting that the Eagles will lose to Dallas again this year. rolleyes.gif

Happy being the center of attention now?
J_Cuz
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 10 2005, 07:51 PM)
As for Andy "owning up to these major shits on the carpet"..,....... He has done so after EVERY loss under his tutelage.  It's not as if he's blaming sundays on field fiasco on the refs, players or other contributing factor.

Well I am finally willing to stop giving him a pass with that, "this is on me. I have to do a better job" routine.

I looked at it and thought, he's goddamn right it's on him and maybe all of these blowouts have been on him and his Martz-like stubborness against running the football.

6 first downs against Dallas? Absolutely without question ON THE COACH.

He can still dig his way out but let's start looking a little closer at this guy who has firmly grounded the Eagles as (to this point) PAPER CHAMPIONS and Neighborhood bullies.

The Eagles have become the team that tunes up on nothing franchises in disarray and then gets their collective assess handed to them by any team that shows its mettle.

Frankly, ayone who can't see that this is getting old when it finally happens against the fucking Cowboys is, in my opinion, a bit delusional.

Face it, there is a fucking textbook out there to defeat Andy Reid. The 3-4 seems to gobble up our offenseive line every time. The offense cowers when they can't complete outs and slants against press coverage and when a team is able to smash the football up[ against our supple defensive line they not only win but mostly blow our doors off.

There are facts fellas and THEY ALL REST AT THE DOORMAT OF ANDY REID'S OFFICE.

As far as the growing MAJORITY starting to realize this here's the crew:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation...Id=23&week=null
swamistubbs
...On the other hand... Andy's the most successful coach in Eagles history, and Ed Wade's a terrible GM.

Otherwise, your comparison's perfect.

J_Cuz
QUOTE (swamistubbs @ Oct 11 2005, 01:17 AM)
Andy's the most successful coach in Eagles history

You sure about that?

hunch.gif
Eyrie
He's only third in my book - Shaw is second and Neale first.
Wingspan
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 10 2005, 06:32 PM)
LOSING TO THE COWBOYS BY TWENTY THREE POINTS ALWAYS WARRANTS TALK OF DISMISSAL, NO EXEPTIONS.

dick vermiel first coached the birds in 1976

wanna take a guess as to what year his first win vs the cowboys was?

november 12, 1979

by your standards, vermiel should have been fired LONG before then. only beat them 4 times in 7 seasons (15 games).

swamistubbs
QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Oct 11 2005, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (swamistubbs @ Oct 11 2005, 01:17 AM)
Andy's the most successful coach in Eagles history

You sure about that?

hunch.gif

Let me amend my statement. He's among the most successful coaches in Eagles history, has won tons of games (both regular season and playoffs), has piloted this team on the best 5 year run in its history during an era when teams are still struggling to cope with a salary cap (those who have overcome salary cap issues largely emulate the Eagles), and has been named the NFL coach of the year in 33% of his years on the job. If any of us were named the best in the world at what we do once every three years, I think we'd be doing pretty well.

Unfortunately, he hasn't won a Super Bowl, like Vermeil. Of course, you're willing to overlook the fact that he's been on the job for 6 years, whereas Vermeil quit on his team, disappeared for 15, went to another city, and then won one when he was near retirement age. Or your hero Larry Brown, who, by your ever-shifting standards, coached for over twenty years before finally achieving a championship on the professional level.

Obviously, you're never going to bend on this issue, but I can't help myself. Your logic is non-existent, your argument is fueled by blind rage, and your stubborness is worse than that which you attribute to Andy.

It's really been torture watching him turn the Eagles into one of the NFL's best teams, hasn't it?
Bocadelphia Eagles John
tom, checked out your web-site, you write some good stuff ... how's the Trent Cole "watch" going?

go eagles. please.
J_Cuz
QUOTE (swamistubbs @ Oct 13 2005, 02:25 AM)
has piloted this team on the best 5 year run in its history during an era when teams are still struggling to cope with a salary cap (those who have overcome salary cap issues largely emulate the Eagles),

That's what I'M SAYING!!!!

There is no one who has benefited from the cap and parity more than Reid... why?????

Joe Banner

And as far as "quitting on his team"

I would classify Sunday's performance by Reid as such.

swamistubbs
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Oct 13 2005, 09:14 AM)
tom, checked out your web-site, you write some good stuff ... how's the Trent Cole "watch" going?

go eagles. please.

Thanks for checking the place out.

And, man, the Trent Cole watch has not gone as planned. I mean, he's done okay, but I thought he'd have had a greater impact up to this point than he's had. All I know is we need someone to generate a consistent pass rush... and I know I'm getting desperate when I start to talk myself into believing that McDougle is the answer....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.