Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Per Josh Huff...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
@LesBowen: Josh Huff said a few times when he was lined up near Dallas sideline, they were calling out Eagles plays. Said problem is being addressed.

Honestly, this seems like the obvious answer to me. I think there is something tipping off our plays. The defense is playing like they know everything we are doing.

Chip's offense, by nature, is predictable. But there is something more to it through two weeks. If we get it corrected, we will be fine. If not, Chip can't survive here.
Eyrie
Is the playcalling still being signalled to the players from the sideline as part of the hurry up offense?

If so, then it's possible that other teams have started to decipher the signs.
mcnabbulous
I believe they change the signs weekly. I suspect it's something pre-snap, formation related.

This isn't the first time it has come up. A few teams have called us out on predictability in recent years. Namely the Niners after they shut us down last year. Chip has corrected the issues in the past. Hopefully he can do it again.
xsv
I bet he's got a different code on the outside of his playbook next week.

Bye bye S-8
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2015, 02:34 PM) *
@LesBowen: Josh Huff said a few times when he was lined up near Dallas sideline, they were calling out Eagles plays. Said problem is being addressed.

Honestly, this seems like the obvious answer to me. I think there is something tipping off our plays. The defense is playing like they know everything we are doing.

Chip's offense, by nature, is predictable. But there is something more to it through two weeks. If we get it corrected, we will be fine. If not, Chip can't survive here.

I DKD, but I kept yelling at the TV that they defense knew what we were doing on every play. To me, it was obvious. Every time Murray would run there were four guys there to meet him. If true, it's no wonder Bradford would look like a deer about to get hit.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2015, 08:26 PM) *
I believe they change the signs weekly. I suspect it's something pre-snap, formation related.

This isn't the first time it has come up. A few teams have called us out on predictability in recent years. Namely the Niners after they shut us down last year. Chip has corrected the issues in the past. Hopefully he can do it again.

Thanks for the clarification, and let's hope so.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 22 2015, 04:25 PM) *
I DKD, but I kept yelling at the TV that they defense knew what we were doing on every play. To me, it was obvious. Every time Murray would run there were four guys there to meet him. If true, it's no wonder Bradford would look like a deer about to get hit.

That's how I have felt as well. Something is horribly amiss. Even the inaugural Texans averaged 3.2 YPC and they were the worst OL of all time.
HobbEs
Makes you wonder if someone like Lesean McCoy didn't accidentally lose his playbook on the way out the door...
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 22 2015, 09:55 PM) *
I bet he's got a different code on the outside of his playbook next week.

Bye bye S-8

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.