Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: that "shellshocked" look on Bradford's face haunts me....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I'm starting to have serious doubts about the guy. Reminiscent of Bobby Hoying the wya he was acting.

The good news is that we should be in terrific position to draft one of those fantastic QBs coming out in the draft next yeat.
nephillymike
Yeah, that was scary.

Deer meet headlights, headlights meet deer.

Aikman flat out said he was not seeing the field. He said it as early as early 2nd quarter.

I watched the game with about 12 guys and people will be not surprised to know that I was ready for a relief pitcher midway through the 3rd. Two others swung that way midway thru the 4th. So nine were OK to stick with Bradford through thick and thin.

But here's the kicker.

I asked of those nine: "If I could guarantee a win vs. DAL today by switching to Sanchez, would you do it?

All nine said no, they'd take the loss. Didn't want to entertain the consequences of a QB controversy.

Take the loss against DAL? Blew my mind.

BTW, I'd have no problem putting Bradford back in next week.

I'll throw this out to all,

If I could guarantee a win vs. DAL yesterday if we had Sanchez go in in relief, would you have put in Sanchez?

Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 21 2015, 09:46 PM) *
If I could guarantee a win vs. DAL yesterday if we had Sanchez go in in relief, would you have put in Sanchez?

I wouldn't do it. We need to know what we have in Bradford; if he is expected to be our QB of the future. You can't pull him out in a moment of panic. "Dance with the one who brung ya..."
mcnabbulous
It's pretty hard to assess a QBs reads from the tv broadcast, but this offense is doing him no favors.

How many fucking drops did we have yesterday? Matthews had two, Austin with another, Ertz...

Fuck. We are a mess.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2015, 10:36 PM) *
It's pretty hard to assess a QBs reads from the tv broadcast, but this offense is doing him no favors.

How many fucking drops did we have yesterday? Matthews had two, Austin with another, Ertz...

Fuck. We are a mess.

True, but that INT in the end zone wasn't a result of a dropped pass. As bad as things were, a TD in that situation gives us something to build on. Instead the turnover just exaggerated an already bigger issue.
Joegrane
that "shellshocked" look on Bradford's face haunts me..

I strongly agree with you. That was one of my biggest take-aways from the game. I just can't imagine seeing that on Brady's face. Even Sanchez seems to have more fight.

Aikman flat out said he was not seeing the field. He said it as early as early 2nd quarter.

I suppose he had the vantage point to see open receivers. However, did Bradford have the time to look for them and does he trust them? The biggest example is the INT in the End Zone. Cooper was wide open.

If I could guarantee a win vs. DAL yesterday if we had Sanchez go in in relief, would you have put in Sanchez

YES! It is about winning. Sanchez is one of the best backups in the league.

However, we saw in the preseaon what Bradford could do when given some time and had a running game to take some heat off. I still don't think he is close to the biggest problem for the Eagles. A very good O Line helped to make Nick Foles look like a hall of famer. The guy up the turnpike has a ring and looked good in some seasons and like a deer in headlights in others.

I expect them to improve, but unless a couple of the O Linemen have undisclosed injuries I fear this is going to be a long season.

The good news is that the Eagles will get Bradford for less $ at the end of the year. However, will he be so bad that we'd rather have Sanchez ? I bet no.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 21 2015, 09:39 PM) *
True, but that INT in the end zone wasn't a result of a dropped pass. As bad as things were, a TD in that situation gives us something to build on. Instead the turnover just exaggerated an already bigger issue.

It was a really bad throw, but I don't think it was a terrible read. Lee had his back turned. If Bradford leads the receiver, it's probably a score.

Absolutely terrible throw though. Which is not what I was expecting from him.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 21 2015, 09:32 PM) *
I wouldn't do it. We need to know what we have in Bradford; if he is expected to be our QB of the future. You can't pull him out in a moment of panic. "Dance with the one who brung ya..."

I hear ya Phits, but where has he brung us?
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 21 2015, 10:52 PM) *
I hear ya Phits, but where has he brung us?

He's our undisputed starting QB. In your scenario, pulling the plug on the Bradford show would have served no other purpose than creating a QB controversy. If Bradford continues to stink it up, the season is a wrap and we start looking for the future.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 22 2015, 02:39 AM) *

And the replay shows Cooper wide open on an in route from the left. WIIIDE Open.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2015, 02:46 AM) *
It was a really bad throw, but I don't think it was a terrible read. Lee had his back turned. If Bradford leads the receiver, it's probably a score.

Absolutely terrible throw though. Which is not what I was expecting from him.

Coop was open by 5 yard. HORRIBLE read. Ertz was coverded. Period. Next read was there by a mile.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 21 2015, 10:28 PM) *
And the replay shows Cooper wide open on an in route from the left. WIIIDE Open.

Saw tonight on the replay that Murray was open at the one on the right side for the score. That was the play he was yelling "WHY"
HobbEs
Hell, at this point we have nothing to lose by switching to Sanchez. Not to mention we recoup that 2nd round pick if Bradford doesn't play a certain amount of games. Right now that's looking like a pretty good pick.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 21 2015, 10:30 PM) *
Coop was open by 5 yard. HORRIBLE read. Ertz was coverded. Period. Next read was there by a mile.

Chip said Cooper was his fifth read and he made the correct read based on Lee having his back turned. Could be coachspeak, fwiw.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Sep 22 2015, 08:13 AM) *
Hell, at this point we have nothing to lose by switching to Sanchez. Not to mention we recoup that 2nd round pick if Bradford doesn't play a certain amount of games. Right now that's looking like a pretty good pick.

I'm almost positive that second rounder is gone.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 22 2015, 02:46 AM) *
I'll throw this out to all,

I'd stick Bobby Hoying, Mike McMahon or Brad Goebel in if I was guaranteed a win against Dallas.

But there are no such guarantees, so would I have gone to Sanchez? To be honest it's too early in the season for that, but given how close the score was (despite the non-appearance of our offense) it would have tempted me to see if he could spark something.
JeeQ
Speaking of looks... DeMarco Murray hit Sam Bradford up with the Death Stare after Bradford fumbled laugh.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPhjAV_XAAEE0LH.mp4

If looks could kill Bradford would be a dead man
nd9kel
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 22 2015, 04:04 PM) *
Speaking of looks... DeMarco Murray hit Sam Bradford up with the Death Stare after Bradford fumbled laugh.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPhjAV_XAAEE0LH.mp4

If looks could kill Bradford would be a dead man

Way to come up with a two second clip that proves NOTHING

Besides, the snap was premature.

[Edited by Facemask]
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2015, 08:17 AM) *
I'm almost positive that second rounder is gone.

We need to look into that.

I've heard it's based on playing time and I also heard t's based on healthy available time.

I think if it's less than half the season, the pick depreciates to a 3rd. Not sure if only injury related or just plays.

I will look into it when I get a chance.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.