Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We have a new QB
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
And Thad Lewis is our new #3.

Linc.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 21 2015, 05:40 PM) *

Linc.

Cool. Can he block?
nephillymike
Baffling.

For all those so high on Morris two weeks ago, please chime in to extol the virtues of Lewis.
mcnabbulous
Who was high on Morris?
Joegrane
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 21 2015, 08:26 PM) *
Cool. Can he block?

: }

That brings up a great point. With an O Line that is a sieve, you can conceive of a situation where you'd need a #3. I expect the #3 to be a running threat.
nephillymike
FWIW,

Jerry Jones is bringing in Ponder and Flynn for a workout tomorrow.

It's pretty bad when your GM gets out performed by Jerry Jones.
mcnabbulous
He is bringing them in to be backup QBs. Not third stringers. At least try to be rational.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2015, 10:05 PM) *
He is bringing them in to be backup QBs. Not third stringers. At least try to be rational.

So they are supposed to be better than Lewis?

Our coach told us he would get the QB who gave us the best chance to win a game this year.

First he gave us Morris.

Now he gives us Lewis.

I would think that if our coach had a clue, he would realize that we may be in a position to need a good #2 real soon given the way Bradford has played and might as well get a jump on that now while they are available. If Bradford was lights out, than maybe I could see it a little. But the fact that he hasn't been would lead me to believe that as of right now, he won't be back next year which you need some talent at the now #3 going forward to a potential #2.
mcnabbulous
If Bradford doesn't work out, we aren't finding a suitable replacement who is available right now. I'm not sure why this is a surprise to you.

Capable NFL QBs aren't sitting around waiting for the phone to ring in a league where Brandon Weeden will be seeing significant snaps in the coming weeks.
JeeQ
We need to bring in Tebow because at this point only Jesus can save us
Zero
Replacing Morris with Lewis seems like a meaningless, move for moves sake. Whoever the #3 is he's not going to pick the team up and lead them to the SB, so why not keep a young guy you think has potential with coaching over an old guy who is a never was, never will be?
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 21 2015, 11:53 PM) *
We need to bring in Tebow because at this point only Jesus can save us

Bwah!

Good one in a depressing time!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 22 2015, 04:54 AM) *
Replacing Morris with Lewis seems like a meaningless, move for moves sake. Whoever the #3 is he's not going to pick the team up and lead them to the SB, so why not keep a young guy you think has potential with coaching over an old guy who is a never was, never will be?

I think Ponder is young enough to be coached up in this system and probably so is Flynn.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 22 2015, 09:42 PM) *
I think Ponder is young enough to be coached up in this system and probably so is Flynn.
Well, they signed Morris to the PS yesterday which adds a little clarity. Apparently they don't like Ponder, maybe they're talking to his wife? wink.gif
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 21 2015, 05:40 PM) *

Linc.

He's OK.
Decent NFL skills. Not mad at him if it ends up being a Cowboys situation where Sanchez ends up starting.
Was kinda cool with Morris being the #3 for question mark reasons. But let's hope this team doesn't go Cowboy.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 22 2015, 09:42 PM) *

Ponder just sucks. He's almost in that Tim Tebow "don't put him on the roster" tier
Flynn is basically Cassel. So if we want to have Vikings backup QB all-stars, good

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.