Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tecmo Bowl
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Our running attack looks like those situations in Tecmo Bowl where you would call the same play as your opponent and the defense would blow through the line and crush the RB.

I think this goes beyond the 5 guys up front and has more to do with the predictable nature of our play calling. I'm typically the one who harps on execution over everything else, but the nature of these dominating defensive performances lead me to believe it goes beyond just guys getting beat. Even historically bad OLs look occasionally functional.

Is it just me or do we seem to be running fewer packaged plays now? Those always seemed to stretch the defense, but I don't recall seeing many (any?) yesterday. Maybe they are there, but our lack of execution makes them less obvious.
D Rock
I was thinking the same thing. Remember those strange plays he ran in '13? Where the tackle would be split wide w a reciever on each side and they go away from the defensive #s. Remember the success w the unbalanced line? All the über creative shit is all but gone in year 3.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2015, 07:45 AM) *
Our running attack looks like those situations in Tecmo Bowl where you would call the same play as your opponent and the defense would blow through the line and crush the RB.

I think this goes beyond the 5 guys up front and has more to do with the predictable nature of our play calling. I'm typically the one who harps on execution over everything else, but the nature of these dominating defensive performances lead me to believe it goes beyond just guys getting beat. Even historically bad OLs look occasionally functional.

Is it just me or do we seem to be running fewer packaged plays now? Those always seemed to stretch the defense, but I don't recall seeing many (any?) yesterday. Maybe they are there, but our lack of execution makes them less obvious.

It's understandable to look at scheme as it is much more appealing and an easier fix than the alternative reality:lack of skill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.