Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another position of need:
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HobbEs
Warning: DKD post ahead.

It's obvious Murray is a north/south runner. So why all the sweeps?

Since our Guards can't block for shit, why not use a FB and just go straight ahead? Sometimes
you gotta scrap the high tech nonsense and go back to basics. There's nothing wrong with an I formation
from time to time.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Sep 21 2015, 07:34 AM) *
Warning: DKD post ahead.

It's obvious Murray is a north/south runner. So why all the sweeps?

Since our Guards can't block for shit, why not use a FB and just go straight ahead? Sometimes
you gotta scrap the high tech nonsense and go back to basics. There's nothing wrong with an I formation
from time to time.

A fullback would get tackled even deeper in the backfield than Murray. On second thought, maybe not. They both would get tackled at the same spot in the backfield because the Bird's running back gets tackled at exactly the same time the qb hands the him the ball.
Pbfan
The last thing we need is more backs. I think these moves at Oline will be shown to be huge mistakes. Demarco should be that guy we need for this. He's got the momentum of a FB.
Zero
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Sep 21 2015, 08:11 AM) *
The last thing we need is more backs. I think these moves at Oline will be shown to be huge mistakes. Demarco should be that guy we need for this. He's got the momentum of a FB.
Barbre and Gardner may both be journeymen but their not THAT bad. Either Kelly and Shurmer did a very bad job getting them ready to play or their plays are too simple to read.

As far as a FB, I think the point was as a lead blocker.
Pbfan
It would be one thing if Eagles had crazy blocking schemes that they weren't "getting". It appeared to me, that they failed on simple blocking schemes also...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.