Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kiko Alonso Out For The Season
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
laugh.gif
D Rock
Yeah. That's fucking hilarious.

If you're an ass hole.
JeeQ
They're saying it's a torn ACL! Glad we traded him straight up for a Pro-Bowl RB! Chip Kelly really won that trade!
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 21 2015, 12:30 AM) *
They're saying it's a torn ACL! Glad we traded him straight up for a Pro-Bowl RB! Chip Kelly really won that trade!

Ass Hole
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 7 2015, 06:14 PM) *
At least our annual candidates of people who cheer against the birds in hopes of being proven right is well established. It's like 2011/12 all over!

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 7 2015, 06:33 PM) *
Certainly this Spock dude. And Jeeq is looking like a prime candidate.

JeeQ
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Ass Hole

You better learn to laugh bitch this is going to be a long season laugh.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 21 2015, 12:39 AM) *
You better learn to laugh bitch this is going to be a long season laugh.gif

Fuck you.
JeeQ
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2015, 04:42 PM) *
Fuck you.

You'll have to wait in line after Mcnabbulous wub.gif
mcnabbulous
You claim to be an Eagles fan but you basically are cheering the fact that a young, stud LB of ours fucked up his knee cause you think it makes you look smart. All you look like is a bigger asshole.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2015, 07:19 PM) *
You claim to be an Eagles fan but you basically are cheering the fact that a young, stud LB of ours fucked up his knee cause you think it makes you look smart. All you look like is a bigger asshole.

I am an Eagles fan... which is exactly why I hated everything about this stupid trade. Feel free to look through my posts since I know how much you enjoy that and you'll see me shitting all over this trade from the beginning when you thought we "crushed it". We basically traded a multiple time Pro-Bowl RB for a LB coming off two torn ACLs who... what do you know... tore his fucking ACL again after one game...

McCoy To Buffalo For Kiko Alonso

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 3 2015, 06:02 PM) *
Bring up this trade a week ago and get laughed out of the building:

Kiko Alonso who's played one season in the NFL before going out with a torn ACL for your multiple-time Pro-Bowl RB who continually charts Top 5 in yardage

You don't make that trade in the NFL, you don't make that trade in Fantasy Football, you don't even make that trade on Madden

The fact most people had to look up Kiko Alonso just to know who we traded for tells me everything I need to know

I love my Eagles, but fuck Chip Kelly The GM, and fuck worthless ass Kiko Alonso... I'll still support my team till the end but seriously, fuck those guys. Name on the front, not the name on the back
Maxx
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 20 2015, 11:16 PM) *
I am an Eagles fan... which is exactly why I hated everything about this stupid trade. Feel free to look through my posts since I know how much you enjoy that and you'll see me shitting all over this trade from the beginning when you thought we "crushed it". We basically traded a multiple time Pro-Bowl RB for a LB coming off two torn ACLs who... what do you know... tore his fucking ACL again after one game...

McCoy To Buffalo For Kiko Alonso

I love my Eagles, but fuck Chip Kelly The GM, and fuck worthless ass Kiko Alonso... I'll still support my team till the end but seriously, fuck those guys. Name on the front, not the name on the back

Yep,that trade was all time dumb.
Zero
I can't find anything on the internet that says he's out all season. What I do find is that they're doing an MRI today and that Alonso is optimistic.

I don't get the 'fans' who play this "look at me, ain't I a funny guy" routine and laughing at an injury ... any injury, especially an Eagle injury. As if it matters that you were against the trade. I suppose you'd laugh at your daughter's divorce if you had been against her marriage? Weak, very weak.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 21 2015, 11:16 AM) *
I can't find anything on the internet that says he's out all season. What I do find is that they're doing an MRI today and that Alonso is optimistic.

I don't get the 'fans' who play this "look at me, ain't I a funny guy" routine and laughing at an injury ... any injury, especially an Eagle injury. As if it matters that you were against the trade. I suppose you'd laugh at your daughter's divorce if you had been against her marriage? Weak, very weak.

Agreed.

Injuries can happen, and they don't make or break a trade. If Alonso was playing poorly, then the original opposition to the move is validated.

Similarly the Boykin trade made sense because it was before Shepherd's injury. Whether we got any value will be determined by how/if Boykin plays for the Steelers.

And anyone who wasn't happy about the playing ability of Bradford or Maxwell can claim to be proven right so far.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 21 2015, 06:40 AM) *
And anyone who wasn't happy about the playing ability of Bradford or Maxwell can claim to be proven right so far.

If not Bradford, who? If not Maxwell, who? Kelly identified need and in the case of Bradford took a one year, $12 million risk. I think every poster on this board cheered the signing of Maxwell for both need and talent.

The arguments with validity were with WR, RB and the lack of moves for OL. I think the first two will work out but still don't understand OL!
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 21 2015, 11:58 AM) *
If not Bradford, who? If not Maxwell, who? Kelly identified need and in the case of Bradford took a one year, $12 million risk. I think every poster on this board cheered the signing of Maxwell for both need and talent.

The arguments with validity were with WR, RB and the lack of moves for OL. I think the first two will work out but still don't understand OL!

I was in favour of both Bradford and Maxwell, but their current performances mean that anyone who didn't like those moves at the time can claim to have been right so far. I don't recall many alternative names being suggested though.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 21 2015, 08:07 AM) *
... anyone who didn't like those moves at the time can claim to have been right so far.

That's like a team losing 45 - 3, getting a TFL with 30 seconds on the clock and acting like they just won the SB. laugh.gif
nd9kel
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 21 2015, 07:07 AM) *
I was in favour of both Bradford and Maxwell, but their current performances mean that anyone who didn't like those moves at the time can claim to have been right so far. I don't recall many alternative names being suggested though.

I think we can all agree that Bradford's knee is HARDLY our main concern now. Oh, and Foles stunk worse than Bradford did yesterday. St. Louis is NoT happy today with Nick:

Nick Foles was out of synch, overthrowing receivers, underthrowing receivers and simply flat-out throwing the ball nowhere near receivers. He finished 17 for 32 for 150 yards and said he was OK after a defender rolled up on his lower left leg on the Rams' final drive.
-AP
Pbfan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 21 2015, 08:07 AM) *

There wasn't a crowd of CB's in FA, but that didn't mean we had to pay an arm and a leg for Maxwell. There's a ton of things we could have done: There was some mediocre talent we would have paid less for. We also didn't need to cut Boykin. How about this- I would have rather not traded for Matthews (hasn't really played), paid an extra $3m, and gotten Revis.

Pick and choose. There's more practical things we could have done.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Sep 21 2015, 01:16 PM) *
I think we can all agree that Bradford's knee is HARDLY our main concern now. Oh, and Foles stunk worse than Bradford did yesterday. St. Louis is NoT happy today with Nick:

-AP

It's Bradford's non-appearance yesterday that worries me, not his health. And I'd given up on Foles by the time of the trade.

QUOTE (Pbfan @ Sep 21 2015, 01:17 PM) *
There wasn't a crowd of CB's in FA, but that didn't mean we had to pay an arm and a leg for Maxwell. There's a ton of things we could have done: There was some mediocre talent we would have paid less for. We also didn't need to cut Boykin. How about this- I would have rather not traded for Matthews (hasn't really played), paid an extra $3m, and gotten Revis.

Pick and choose. There's more practical things we could have done.

Revis would have been a massive addition.

I'm relaxed about Mathews and wasn't fussed about Boykin.
Zero
Now they're saying Alonso's injury is a Grade 2 sprain, a partial tear that could mean he can play again this year. I'm not sure I'd bring him back in week 15 if the team is playing close to the way they are now. Let it heal.

And, apparently Thornton's out for a couple of weeks with a broken hand.

Sad when we feel it could be over and it's only week 3.
Linc ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.