Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billy Davis
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Saw this last night on Philly Sports Talk. Kind of sobering to me.

Here is Billy Davis' resume:

Year.....Team.....Def Rnk
2005.....SF..........32nd
2006.....SF..........26th
2009.....ARI........20th
2010.....ARI........29th
2013.....PHI........29th
2014.....PHI........28th
2105.....PHI........23rd (1 game)

Where do you rank on the concern meter, 10 fire him now, 1 don't worry be happy?

I'm at about an 8.

If we selected a Cb who can't play press at a high level, that will take years to correct. He just seems way too slow to adjust to the game.

Anyone?
Spock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2015, 05:01 PM) *

2009.....ARI........20th
2010.....ARI........29th
2013.....PHI........29th
2014.....PHI........28th

Where do you rank on the concern meter, 10 fire him now, 1 don't worry be happy?

I'm at about an 8.

If we selected a Cb who can't play press at a high level, that will take years to correct. He just seems way too slow to adjust to the game.

Anyone?

He will be Head Coach when Chip walks mid-season.
Zero

2009.....ARI........20th
2010.....ARI........29th
2013.....PHI........29th
2014.....PHI........28th

I'm at about an 8.

Anyone?
I'm close to that and it's not about Maxwell. The defense seems to rise and fall on talent and talent alone. You watch inferior talent on other teams (Falcons?) and they can be effective. With the front 7 we have the defense should be doing much more.
Phits
I was at a 7 before the season began. Davis hasn't done anything as DC to instil confidence in his (in)ability to scheme.

After that ATL conversion on 3rd & 15, on a DRAW play.....he's moved up(down?) to 8. If he gets exploited by Dallas tomorrow, I will be aboard the fire him now train.
JeeQ
We've fired better coaches than Billy Davis

Todd Bowles immediately comes to mind... Fired from the Eagles, becomes Assistant Coach Of The Year the very next season, and then Head Coach of The Jets the season after that...
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 19 2015, 08:03 PM) *
We've fired better coaches than Billy Davis

Todd Bowles immediately comes to mind... Fired from the Eagles, becomes Assistant Coach Of The Year the very next season, and then Head Coach of The Jets the season after that...

I did not like Bowles.

Takes over a defense coached by Juan and proceeds to do worse than an OL coach coaching the D. I hope we smoke NYJ's
Maxx
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2015, 04:01 PM) *

2009.....ARI........20th
2010.....ARI........29th
2013.....PHI........29th
2014.....PHI........28th

I'm at about an 8.

Anyone?

I can't even tell you how this bum keep getting DC jobs.
SAM I Am

2009.....ARI........20th
2010.....ARI........29th
2013.....PHI........29th
2014.....PHI........28th

I'm at about an 8.

Anyone?

Give him a 10 year extension.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2015, 06:09 PM) *
I did not like Bowles.

Takes over a defense coached by Juan and proceeds to do worse than an OL coach coaching the D. I hope we smoke NYJ's

Nothing could have saved the defense that season... they mentally gave up

Just look at Sean McDermott as well... he was fired as well that season, went on to have a Top 5 defense in back to back years since then
Eyrie
In January I'd have been 8 or even 9. I'm not sure why he is still here, particularly given the overhaul of our secondary.

I'm less convinced about the wisdom of ditching the coach who has just spent the entire offseason getting the players ready for his system and trying to bed in a new guy and new approach during the season.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.