Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friday Night and NO predictions yet for Sunday?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Well I'll start it.

Eagles 31
Cowboys 27

No Dez, which is great for us.

No Hardy, no McLain (sp?), no Leary, no Scandrick - great for us.

Them coming off a win, good for us.

Us humbled by a loss, good for us.

Home against the Cowboys - not good for us. The visitors normally win this game.

We beat the DAL OL in our two meetings last year, but I don't think we're good enough to do it this year. I don't know how we win the battle vs their OL without Ryans and with a lighter Alonzo which will likely be a run heavy DAL offense. I think we need to find a way to fight to a draw in this part of the match up.

DAL defense is weak. We should be able to put up 30+

Need ST's to come up big this week.

My overall reason for expecting an Eagles win this week:

I refuse to believe that this team, coached by this staff, is off course so much to lose 5 of 6 while being favored in 5 of the games.

We find a way, some way, to get back to .500 and claim first place in the division.
JeeQ
My prediction is... Fuck The Cowboys! Eat shit Cowturds! Die In A Fire Fuckboys!

Fuck last week, it doesn't matter. This is a divisional rival at home, these are the games that matter... and looking at the Giants and Redskins this is the only rival we have that matters. No Dez, No McClain, No Scandrick, No Hardy, No Leary... SO NO FUCKING EXCUSES... there's absolutely no fucking excuse to lose this game

To me this is a do or die game... It might as well be a Super Bowl in September because if we go down 0-2 and lose 5 of our last 6 it's going to be Chip's nuts roasting an open fire
Joegrane
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 18 2015, 09:17 PM) *
Friday Night and NO predictions yet for Sunday?, What is going on?

No one knows if the O Line will show up for the game.

I fear we are going to be limited in the running game and have to rely on the short pass. Fortunately they have the weapons to make that happen effectively.

This is going to drive Andy Reed haters NUTS if it continues. Chip will have to use Andy's playbook! He'll be forced to use undersized Sproles (Westbrook) more than he should to create mismatches. Who knows how well Sproles will hold up and how Chip will be able to keep his one-cut RBs from being discontented.

Hopefully Chip was not showing his cards in Week 1 on Monday Night. If so, it cost him a W but might help down the road.
Dreagon
and no Gregory either dry.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 18 2015, 10:57 PM) *
and no Gregory either dry.gif

the Bryant injury seems to grow....4-6 weeks...not 4-8 weeks....Julio Jones thinks it is for the season.....the voice of experience...
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2015, 11:11 PM) *
the Bryant injury seems to grow....4-6 weeks...not 4-8 weeks....Julio Jones thinks it is for the season.....the voice of experience...

I read that too. I've pretty much decided to accept he's gone for the season, so if he actually does show up sometime in November or December then it will be a pleasant surprise. (I broke a metatarsal two years ago and spent eight weeks in a walking boot, so there's that too )

What's going to suck are our next four games....Eagles, Falcons, Saints, and Patriots. Not a great time to be down your number one receiver and your new best pass rusher, not to mention Hardy and McLain for the first three of those games and then coming in rusty for the Patriots. Ugly as it was, I think it's going to turn out that win against the Giant was more important than we originally thought it was going to be.

It's only the second game of the season and our backs are against the wall.
Eyrie
Between our offense and our defence, I'm predicting a shoot out.

And because I'm a hopeless optimist before any game involving a team I support, I'll calling a 38-31 win.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 18 2015, 09:17 PM) *
I don't know how we win the battle vs their OL without Ryans and with a lighter Alonzo which will likely be a run heavy DAL offense.

I refuse to participate in predictions, but I'll comment on Ryans' funeral and put it in the same category as all the other doom and gloom. This is the second game of the season and Ryans came back early from his second achilles injury. He may never be the same player, but to bury him now is crazy. I understand that's not what you're doing, but listening to the radio and talking to doomers around town all week is making my head hurt. It's like planting tomatoes and wondering where the red things are.

Both Alonso (I'm trying to get the hang of using an "s" instead of a "z") and Kendricks saw limited action in the preseason. Apparently both had less than stellar games against Atlanta. I'm guessing both will be better this week and the Cox Gang will help. I'm more interested in how Graham will do. He's been in front of the camera quite a bit since he was resigned, I'd really like to see him in front of the QB a bit more this week.

I fear we are going to be limited in the running game and have to rely on the short pass. Fortunately they have the weapons to make that happen effectively.

This is going to drive Andy Reed haters NUTS if it continues. Chip will have to use Andy's playbook! He'll be forced to use undersized Sproles (Westbrook) more than he should to create mismatches.

First, congrats to BWest for his nomination to the HOF!

Kelly is all about taking advantage of what the other team gives them. What effect is Lee going to have against that short passing game? Do we see more intermediate or long passes from Bradford this week?

Not a great time to be down your number one receiver ...

What's the press on Butler, the WR the Cowboys traded for recently? He's got size and speed and the Eagles don't have any tape on him. That could be a problem if he's any good at all.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 19 2015, 06:34 AM) *
What's the press on Butler, the WR the Cowboys traded for recently? He's got size and speed and the Eagles don't have any tape on him. That could be a problem if he's any good at all.

rumor is he has the physical abilities you want, but there is a question about either his football IQ or his ability to keep his head in the game. It's just talk, but there has to be a reason he had that kind of ability but almost never saw the field. I'll hope for the best but we'll see. I doubt he would be ready to step in and play for another week or two anyway.
Spock
31=17 Cowboys (Thanks to a late meaningless TD by the birds).

One week closer to Chip's departure.
md717
45 - 14, Eagles
nephillymike

"First, congrats to BWest for his nomination to the HOF!"

The HOF I was referring to was Didinger.

Joyner s/b IMO but will not make it.

nephillymike
People are scared.

A bunch of talking and only four predictions.

C'mon people ante up!
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2015, 03:14 PM) *
People are scared.

A bunch of talking and only four predictions.

C'mon people ante up!

It's hard to make a prediction because after one game I think I know less about both teams than I knew before huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.