Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maclin and Mathis
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
I am watching this game tonight and it is a relief....

Mathis is getting beaten like a drum for the 2nd straight week.....nearly got Manning killed....

And Maclin is apparently a 11 million dollar possession receiver(not his fault, likely the scheme)
mcnabbulous
I think it's the QB more than the scheme.
El Cubano
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2015, 10:33 PM) *
I think it's the QB more than the scheme.

It is most definitely the QB.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 17 2015, 10:32 PM) *
I am watching this game tonight and it is a relief....

Mathis is getting beaten like a drum for the 2nd straight week.....nearly got Manning killed....

And Maclin is apparently a 11 million dollar possession receiver(not his fault, likely the scheme)

Mathis and Maclin would have made us better Monday night.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 18 2015, 07:54 PM) *
Mathis and Maclin would have made us better Monday night.

Maclin yes....Mathis has not been good so far for Denver......you got beat straight up several times and nearly got Manning hospitalized...
Zero
It's possible the same thing applies here as with our conversations about the Eagles. It's game 1, Mathis didn't have much time at all to get to know his linemates. It's too early to say he sucks or if he's a beast.
mcnabbulous
Mathis got straight up demolished on Thursday night. Blame it on a new environment (but if you want to make excuses, you can make those same ones for our guys) but he was absolutely dreadful.

Maclin will be missed all year. He chose to play for a limp armed QB. It will hurt this year, but that's the reality of free agency.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 19 2015, 06:34 AM) *
Mathis got straight up demolished on Thursday night. Blame it on a new environment (but if you want to make excuses, you can make those same ones for our guys) but he was absolutely dreadful.

Maclin will be missed all year. He chose to play for a limp armed QB. It will hurt this year, but that's the reality of free agency.

That was my intended point about Mathis. As for Maclin, I'd rather have him here but the way the offense was clicking in the second half you didn't convince me that he will be missed. My boss is an Eagle hater was laughing at us in the first half but was texting me "WOW" throughout the second half ... sans Maclin.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 19 2015, 06:08 AM) *
That was my intended point about Mathis. As for Maclin, I'd rather have him here but the way the offense was clicking in the second half you didn't convince me that he will be missed. My boss is an Eagle hater was laughing at us in the first half but was texting me "WOW" throughout the second half ... sans Maclin.

Simply swapping Maclin for Agohlor, we probably win that game just on the latter' mistakes in the game.

The second half felt very much like the first half of Chip's first game.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 19 2015, 06:34 AM) *

Indeed.

Man, I wish the Eagles had Jackson and Maclin in the 99-03 years. Could have been the Eagles instead of the Cheaters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.