Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To blitz or not to blitz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...nes-roddy-white

Explains lack of pass rush early, but that last Atlanta drive now pisses me off even more.
He needs to learn from Chip, if you find something that works stick with it. Made me feel better about our Dline though.
D Rock
I'm still pissed about the draw play we gave up in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 15.

Even I knew it was a draw coming. He rushes 3 and has the nose stunt around the end. Couldn't have called a worse play in that situation if you tried to. OBVIOUS draw situation and you essentially open the door wide. Idiot.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 16 2015, 04:04 PM) *
I'm still pissed about the draw play we gave up in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 15.

Even I knew it was a draw coming. He rushes 3 and has the nose stunt around the end. Couldn't have called a worse play in that situation if you tried to. OBVIOUS draw situation and you essentially open the door wide. Idiot.

Yeah, that was pretty brutal.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 16 2015, 05:04 PM) *

I still think Kendricks was the plug for that play and the BLATANT hold by the centre made that play look worse than it was. Should have been called back.
HobbEs
To blitz or not to blitz? Seriously?

Warning: DKD rant ahead...

What is the point of running the 3-4 if you're not going to blitz? I mean, isn't the whole purpose of the scheme supposed to confuse a defense as to where the blitz is coming from? I remember Bill Parcells saying he would always bring a 4th rusher but that rush could come from anywhere.

You don't always have to go all out but sitting back is too passive and we're getting picked apart in the process.

Dreagon
I think you have to tailor the decision to blitz to both the quarterback and the situation.

Some quarterbacks eat the blitz for lunch, and will more than likely make you pay for it, while others are often vulnerable to a blitz from a certain angle. I don't know what Matt Ryan's history vs the blitz was, so I really can't expound more on that aspect of the issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.